Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brioni by Brioni

Has anyone tried this yet?

From osmoz.com:

Italian fashion label Brioni unveils ‘Brioni’, the first masculine fragrance of the brand since 1958. In celebration of the 65th anniversary of the house of Brioni, this men's fragrance ‘pays tribute to the rich history of La Dolce Vita’. For decades, Brioni has addressed the unique needs of its sophisticated clientele with a tradition of refinement and quality. In the 1950s, the brand introduced a limited series of men's fragrances, which included the "Good Luck" eau de cologne and celebrated the chic and innovative elegance of the period. The Brioni fragrance is available exclusively in Brioni boutiques and select luxury retailers worldwide.

Inspired by ‘la dolce vita’ (the Italian sweet life), the fragrance opens with fresh notes of citrus and lavender. The heart mixes spicy aromatic notes with precious woods. The elegant drydown fuses tonka bean and moss.

Top notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Lavender, Verbena
    Heart notes: Nutmeg, Galbanum, Patchouli, Vetiver
    Base notes: Tonka Bean, Oakmoss
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Brioni by Brioni

Actually I got a sample from the Brioni shop in Harrod's from my trip to London last week but I haven't tried it yet. It is the most weird sample I 've ever seen! No vial, no bottle. Just a small double sided card that holds a tiny plastic "bag" that you have to pull up to spay (with just 0,6ml of the perfume). So so cheap for such an expensive scent! I will try it though and let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it in the Brioni boutique corner just once. Beautiful, very classic citrus chypre feel that I could happily own but would need a few more wearings to decide if it's worth the price tag for the hefty leather packaging it comes in. No nonsense serious quality stuff - like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it may be better than Kiton .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It sounds good.

Post Thanks / Like

I received a sample direct from Brioni London around Christmas.
    The samples are terrible, there was hardly anything in it and it hadn't leaked in the post. The samples look cheap and don't give a very good first impression.
    Having put what was left on my wrists I could hardly smell anything and what I could smell certainly isn't worth the asking price of £250 for 100ml spray at Harrods. It's just another run of the mill fragrance at a ridiculous price, because of the Brioni name attached to it.
    There's far better out there and a lot cheaper

Post Thanks / Like

I just added a review for Brioni. Definitely not a chypre. Lacks of depth and complexity to match this category. It is more a citrus-aromatic, very close to Eau Sauvage (especially the drydown).I am happy I'm not the only one who finds the sample a total disaster.

Post Thanks / Like

Notes sound ok.. nothing special.. I doubt I'll even get the chance to try it.
    unico grande amore.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this recently in Neiman Marcus, but they didn't have a tester.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sampled it at Nieman Marcus near me on Friday. I didn't like it at all.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Sampled it at Nieman Marcus near me on Friday. I didn't like it at all.
    Well it's not French, right?
    Last edited by petruccijc; 5th April 2010 at 07:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

They make great pricey mature rich guy clothing, I'll have to sample it. But I'm not wowed by the descriptions I'm getting. Sounding kind of Boucheron Pour Homme.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody sample this lately? That crystal flacon is crazy expensive, especially considering the traditional "cologne" notes listed are far from hard to source or expensive.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...744cat10470747
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Post Thanks / Like

I gave it a card spray in Nieman recently and lugged the card around with me for a few minutes.

I'm sure it's well done, but smelled pretty average and "safe" to me. But it wasn't a fair test by a really good "nose" to be sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I sampled this one a couple of weeks ago and to my nose it smelled a lot like Armani Eau Pour Homme.

If this comes in a regular bottle rather than the crystal flacon that is supposedly produced in Empoli, Italy, would you buy it? The price of the bottle is probably what's jacking up the price to a ridiculous US$350 for 100ml.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried Brioni a few times and I like it. Not enough to pay the huge price for it, but I think it is one of the better Lavender fragrances I've tried in quite a while. It does have all the ingredients that signal it is a chypre but it smells more like a fougere with the strong lavender and green notes coupled with tonka. It doesn't smell like a citrus scent at all to me although it has some bergamot in the opening. In fact I really think they were trying for a complex green fragrance similar in construction to Patou Pour Homme Prive - but they didn't quite strike the magic that PPHP has. Very similar notes and ingredients with this one.

Brioni basically smells of lavender all the way through but has a strong green leanings from galbanum + vetiver. The patchouli gives a refined smoothe base that is also grounded with oak moss. I like the fragrance and think it fits the Brioni image very well. If the price were $90 rather than $350 I would be tempted to own a bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Sounds like it may be better than Kiton .
    And most certainly better than Canali

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried it a few times since my post of a few months ago and I think you're dead on Buzzlepuff - I misread it first time round - it's definitely more of a big bold retro fougere style - it has a very old school feel to me.

I think it's great, myself, it seems to be quality from top to bottom and I'd be very happy to own it but it's unfortunate about the hefty packaging price involved. Christmas, maybe. The SA at the Brioni stand here has been very understanding as trying the spray sampler involves finding a key for the glass top display counter . . . hence just the occasional visit
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 12th September 2010 at 06:00 PM.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else smell this? It sounds wonderful, if a bit overpriced.

Post Thanks / Like

This one's citrus/green topnotes and upper-heartnotes are practically identical to CREED's Scent of Oger....the closest of any scent I've tried, and I've tried several thousand. The drydown of this one has none of the warmth or spiciness/woodiness of Scent of Oger....Brioni's drydown is colder/cooler/fresher, and much more in the "Acqua Di Parma Colonia" type of style.....but much greener than colonia....some tart citric/tonic notes(yes in the base) with some powdery notes and plenty of Fresh, timeless masculinity. This is a really really good gentleman's citrus scent, but overpriced. $350 for a 4.2? nah....but I'd quickly pay $350 for the 10oz splash