Code of Conduct

Default L'Occitane Home Products

I tried to find a discussion here on these products but no luck. Has anyone used these products and could they give me their opinion on the efficacy as a room perfume. I intend to purchase one using a voucher received at Christmas but I'm unsure whether the room sprays or the fragrance sticks would be a better option.

If anyone has used the L'Occitane fragrance sticks could they give a review? I would really appreciate any views you have.
    'It takes a long time to grow young' - Pablo Picasso

Default Re: L'Occitane Home Products

I realize you want opinions on the home fragrance products but perhaps my thread on L'Occitane fragrances in general may help point you in the right direction, that is, if the fragrances have any correlation to the home fragrance product line.

Here's the link: L'OCCITANE - Just discovered this company - Opinions please!

I'm still discovering this company and would love to try out some of their men's shaving products as they seem to be very well received. I've heard their products recently went up in price due to a larger street presence which is too bad as their products are very appealing!

Thank you for your thoughts warlandsboy and I read your thread. L'Occitane has been on my radar for some years and opened a store in my suburb recently making it more accessible. It is an expensive product in Australia for everyday use however. The wonderful soaps and perfumes are a delight to smell as they are so "spot on" in terms of the fragrance they represent. eg the lavender and orange blossom. I'm thinking purchasing a room fragrance would be a way to enjoy this in my home everyday.

Edit: many of the home fragrances are different to the personal fragrances I believe.
    Last edited by WidgeryWinks; 21st January 2010 at 02:14 AM. Reason: more information
    'It takes a long time to grow young' - Pablo Picasso

I just visited a newly-opened L'Occitane shop in Ikebukuro, Tokyo today. I bought a tiny tin of solid perfume 'Thé Vert' (green tea)--just 10ml or 0.3 oz was more than $15 (¥1575), but a pleasant fragrance.

I love the L'Occitane Fleur d'Oranger Home Perfume. However, I just recently ordered more bottles and it seems to my nose that it has been reformulated. Not as intense and the longevity is not what it used to be. Also, the packaging has changed: their Home Parfum used to come in lovely faceted round bottles with a built in sprayer. The new bottles are still pretty (ribbed cubes), but now you need to purchase an atomizer bulb for another $8 if you want to actually spray your room spray.

As far as the L'Occitane candles go, I have seen a slight downturn in quality there as well. The candles that I recently purchased are made with an inferior wax and do not melt all the way to the edges no matter how long I burn it and how perfect I keep the wick trimmed and centered. Could be a wick diameter issue relative to the size of the containers they are using. I had one candle arrive with no wick at all, but they were quick to give me a refund.

I hope I am not being too harsh on L'Occitane. It's just that I have been buying their products for twenty years or better and up until just recently I was always so happy with them...

I experienced the same thing as *bloomy* with my L'Occitane candle. Uneven burning that reduced the life of the candle.

Also, I didn't think the candle had very good scent "throw." I had to be right above it in order to smell the fragrance. I've had better scent throw from other candles that cost far less.

I do love their perfumes and body products, though. Those are definitely worth a try!

Hi NLS from Belle de Sud - aka Reine!

I hate to spend extra money on a name candle that doesn't fill the room with its fragrance - thanks for the info on L'Occitane,
    Which candles do you like most? I like Yankee Candle but hate candles in jars, they get so smutty!

Reine

The fleur d'oranger tin candle I bought had an excellent throw it however, burnt out too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabelyn View Post
    The fleur d'oranger tin candle I bought had an excellent throw it however, burnt out too quickly.
    Hi wannabelyn,
    I LOVE the scent of L'Occitane's Fleur d'Oranger candles, it is my fave FdO candle and I have yet to find a suitable replacement. But I wonder did your candle burn evenly? I had a LOT of wax left over in the tin of every FdO candle that I have burned recently. So much wax that I ended up remelting it all and pouring another entire candle from it!!! I have one left and I'm going to see if I get the actual burns hours that they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by reine View Post
    Hi NLS from Belle de Sud - aka Reine!

I hate to spend extra money on a name candle that doesn't fill the room with its fragrance - thanks for the info on L'Occitane,
    Which candles do you like most? I like Yankee Candle but hate candles in jars, they get so smutty!

Reine
    Hi, Reine!

I've had the best luck with Votivo candles. Great scent throw that used to fill up the two-story house I lived in at the time. Voluspa are also nice and perfume the room even when they're not lit. Right now I have a Bath and Body Works Stress Relief candle, very inexpensive and very good scent throw.

Also, a tip I learned from a local chandler: extinguish the candle by dipping its wick into the wax. You'll get no smoke and soot this way and the wax helps keep the wick in good condition. This chandler sold a little tool she made from bent wire that worked well for this. I've also found a metal nail file works just as well. Simply push the wick under the wax and then straighten it back up with the file. Works like a dream!

Quote Originally Posted by *bloomy* View Post
    Hi wannabelyn,
    I LOVE the scent of L'Occitane's Fleur d'Oranger candles, it is my fave FdO candle and I have yet to find a suitable replacement. But I wonder did your candle burn evenly? I had a LOT of wax left over in the tin of every FdO candle that I have burned recently. So much wax that I ended up remelting it all and pouring another entire candle from it!!! I have one left and I'm going to see if I get the actual burns hours that they claim.
    Bloomy

It doesn't burn very well. Seems to burn through a big hole with wax on the side. I take out the wick when I finish and leave it in my cupboards. my clothes smell lovely.

I'm rediscovering this thread. Does anyone know of a perfume that smells like the L'occitane candle? I' definitely be interested in buying a fragrance that does.

I've just replenished on the candles, it's on sale here in Sydney and possibly discontinued but I couldn't get myself to buy more than 3