Code of Conduct

Exclamation Azzaro pour Homme for a 46yo man?

My father is turning 46 in a few weeks and he has mentioned he likes Azzaro. Do you guys think its a good idea for me to get it for him or is there another scent that might please him more?

Default Re: Azzaro pour Homme for a 46yo man?

If he likes it - get it for him, it is a very fine fragrance. I'm 41 and love it.
    You could also consider other fragrances in the "aromatic fougere" catagory (paco rabane ph, rive gauche ph, many more) - however Azzaro is probably the loudest of these so he may find others a bit tame.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Dependent

Fragrances are hugely a matter of tastes/preference, so though it may take away some element of surprise, the Azzaro may end up serving him well. Though if you plan to get something else, I'm very sure he'll appreciate the gesture as much. Since you ask, are there any hints of what he may like besides Azzaro?

Get it for him. If he loves it. You can't go wrong.

Sur la Plage

I would get it - but keep the receipt, just in case.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Get him YSL Rive Gauche and surprise him! It's better, IMHO.

In my opinion, Azzaro PH is suitable for any age, I'm 26 and I'm seriously considering not just buying, but also regularly wearing it. If, and only if he likes it, I guess it would make a great gift.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 8th January 2010 at 07:57 PM.

He also mentions cool water a lot but I personally don't like it too much. He also wears curve regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Fragrances are hugely a matter of tastes/preference, so though it may take away some element of surprise, the Azzaro may end up serving him well. Though if you plan to get something else, I'm very sure he'll appreciate the gesture as much. Since you ask, are there any hints of what he may like besides Azzaro?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Get him YSL Rive Gauche and surprise him! It's better, IMHO.
    I was considering Rive Gauche the other day for myself, maybe for fathers day.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by ArmaniMan View Post
    He also mentions cool water a lot but I personally don't like it too much. He also wears curve regularly.
    Thanks for replying. In that case, like what hirch_duckfinder already mentioned, you can consider looking into aromatic fougeres or those alike, since both Azzaro and Cool Water fall into this genre, if you indeed plan on getting him something else.

May I suggest sniffing some Kouros, a really potent, love-or-hate aromatic fougere, that many younger folk (like ME!) have considered to exude an old school vibe (though I love and use it). You could try putting on some (if you don't mind) at a counter then ask for his opinion after.
    Last edited by MFJ; 8th January 2010 at 09:30 PM.

I like Azzaro PH. I'm 26 yo and love it. My father wears Paco Rabanne PH, wich is quite similar to Azzaro PH. To me there are no old ppl scents...but there are teenage scents, on that I'll agree

If he loves anise, he may like it. There is too much anise for me to like it.

My father is turning 46 in a few weeks and he has mentioned he likes Azzaro. Do you guys think its a good idea for me to get it for him or is there another scent that might please him more?
    Yes, do get Azzaro pH for him. I also second the suggestion to try other aromatic fougeres.

I'd say go for it. It's easy to find and cheap to boot.

Personally I found this one a bit beyond my age (late 20's). I usually do not have an aversion to "older" smelling scents but for some reason I cannot explain Azzaro Pour Homme made me feel that I did not fit the fragrance.

I'm 46. I've been wearing this classic for about 25 years, and hopefully another 25 years. You're ol' Man sounds wise. Get it for him

+1. In fact, if you can find a gift set with something in addition to the EDT, that'd be great.

I suspect your Father wore Azzaro a long time ago, like seasoldiermarine.
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 9th January 2010 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    +1. In fact, in you can find a gift set with something in addition to the EDT, that'd be great.

I suspect your Father wore Azzaro a long time ago, like seasoldiermarine.
    I found a great Azzaro gift set on beautyencounter.com thanks guys

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seasoldiermarine View Post
    I'm 46. I've been wearing this classic for about 25 years, and hopefully another 25 years. You're ol' Man sounds wise. Get it for him
    47 and been loving ApH for 31 years.

Recommended.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    47 and been loving ApH for 31 years.

Recommended.
    I think I might get a bottle for myself, Azzaro to me is a timeless scent

I think I might get a bottle for myself, Azzaro to me is a timeless scent
    Absolutely! I second that motion. You should definitely have a bottle of Azzaro pour homme in your collection. It's a fantastic classic fougere that has been largely unchanged in as many years as it's been around. It's a must have fragrance.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

Definitely buy it for your father. I'm 51 years old and just discovered this one. The anise note took a while to get used to, but Azzaro pour Homme is definitely a classic. I like it more with every wear, thanks to the encouragement of seasoldiermarine and shamu1. You should also get a bottle of this. You will always find an occasion to wear it!

Quote Originally Posted by cbstarker View Post
    Absolutely! I second that motion. You should definitely have a bottle of Azzaro pour homme in your collection. It's a fantastic classic fougere that has been largely unchanged in as many years as it's been around. It's a must have fragrance.
    Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by cbstarker View Post
    Thirded. I bought a bottle for a 34 yo male friend because he loved it after sampling mine. His father sniffed it when visiting his house and asked for a bottle for Christmas.

Many fragrances of this genre smell great on first wearing but become tiresome after a while. Because of the quality of the composition and the ingredients this one never palls. Everyone should have this in their stash - if only for reference.

Oh yeah! He'll definitely suit Azzaro PH! It's really meant for a mature group!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket