Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Thursday 21 January

Good morning!

-17C here, but Les Parfums de Rosine Un Zest de Rose helps me feel like it's summer...

Have a great day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday 21 January

Have all a great day

Dominique Ropion's

Head Notes
    Grapefruit, Cardamom, Bergamot
    Heart Notes
    Cinnamon, Thyme, Cloves
    Base Notes
    Patchouli, Sandalwood, Labdanumm
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SotD Thursday 21 January

I'm wearing one of my all time favourites today: Carnal Flower by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Guerlain Insolence edp

al02 - biehl. parfumkunstwerke
    Wishlist is pointless.

Nothing yet, but I'm planning Michael Kors EdT

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Shiseido Feminite du Bois.

Top notes: Ginger, Cinnamom, Clove
    Heart notes: Plum, Peach, Orange Flower, Violet
    Base notes: Cedar, Sandal, Vanilla, Benzoin

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

L'eau par Kenzo pour femme.

Egoiste. I'm in vanilla sandalwood heaven.

Scented!!! It is, indeed, Michael Kors EdT... Heavenly incense and tuberose...

top notes

Freesia, Incense
    heart note

Fresh Tuberose, Creamy Flowers
    base note

Soft Woods, Musks

As a newcomer, I'm anxious to try all the different fragrances everyone wears. My list keeps growing; I need to start ordering more samples. It's pouring down rain and predicted to be 62 degrees today...and, have many errands to run in addition to a meeting this afternoon...I'll be trying a tiny sample of Chanel 28 La Pausa. Will carry the sample with me to refresh before the meeting since I've read that 28 La Pausa doesn't have lasting power.

Wanted a shot of fir and incense this morning.

Neil Morris Earthtones #1 Dark Season

Neil Morris like many of the artisanal perfumers likes to let his fragrances evoke a particular place or tell a story through its development. Mr. Morris’ Earthtones Series is all about feeling like you’re standing on a specific piece of Earth. The first scent in the series, Dark Season, was inspired by a nighttime walk in the winter woods of Finland. Dark Season, as do all the fragrances in the Earthtones series, does a wonderful job of taking you in an olfactory way to a specific place and season.

Dark Season opens with a strong resinous fir note and it brings to mind that crisp cleansing first breath you take on a winter’s night. You can smell the pine trees and the cold chills your sinuses in a pleasant way. Accompanying the fir is a nicely muted patchouli which adds some of that crispness to the top. The heart is a mix of vanilla and cinnamon and is reminiscent of taking a warm vanilla drink sprinkled with cinnamon out for the evening stroll. For those of you who don’t care for vanilla it is the cinnamon that is the more dominant of the two notes and for those of you who are not gourmand fans Dark Season never really heads strongly in that direction, either. The base is an incense fest of labdanum and myrrh which brings back the resinous themes from the top.

Dark Season has incredible longevity on me but surprisingly for one of Mr. Morris’ fragrances modest sillage.

Dark Season is meant to remind one of the long Scandinavian winter nights but every time I wear it, it shines a lovely scented light on me.

Have A Terrific Thursday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 21st January 2010 at 10:34 AM.

Bal a Versailles, with a bit of Burberry London for Men
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Chanel 28 La Pausa lasts all day on the clothes! And yes, for your bare skin you have to refresh. (I wish it had more love on the forums altogether, it is a personal favorite from Les Exclusifs).

L'Erbolario Meharees for me today. Insence, spices, very nice. Cheaper than many of its class. Lasting! (Time to explore more of this whole L'Erbolario line, if any of you have more fragrances to share, please contact me, I am familiar with their Lily of the Valley scent and it was a winner for me last spring for our SnS back in April).
    Last edited by Twolf; 21st January 2010 at 07:43 PM.

Re: 28 La Pausa...Spray on the inside of my clothes, right? I'm learning.

I've sampled it once and and also think it will be a personal favorite!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

This morning it's Aramis.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I've been without scent for a couple of rough sickdays because of a stomach bug so I've been sick all over the place...

Feeling well enough today to try out my new vintage Bal a Versailles mini which arrived in the post today.

Aire de Loewe for me on this cloudy winter morning. Trying to convince spring to come early, you see...

Welcomewelcome to CavalierCanary (what a GREAT moniker!!)...another vote for La Pausa here (thanks to Wolfie who turned me on to it.)

Grabbed a sample of Bond #9 H.O.T. Always (thanks Sloan-8013!) a fun 'fume that's roses and patch with a hint of leather. Spicy and energetic, if not very long lasting. May have to rev it up with some Bandit along the line.

Lemon and honey and healing energy to all the snifflers......
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Sotd is Gaultier 2.

Dependent

CHRISTIAN DIOR
    Miss Dior Esprit de Parfum
    (Vintage)

Have a great one, ladies.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Today I'm wearing...a hot pack! Somehow I pulled a back muscle (my right Latissimus dorsi to be exact) while food shopping yesterday.

I'm also wearing L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger! And wishing I could hasten spring.

Ouch! 30 Roses, hope you're feeling better wearing your SotD.

I'm in Coco Mademoiselle, edt.

30 Roses ~ sorry for your sore muscle, at least you smell divine!
    Today I'm finishing a .25 oz (purse size) of Brooklyn by Bond No.9. ComDiva so aptly described the feeling of Brooklyn..."a little boring as a masculine but very interesting as a feminine" - so true!

Basenotes Plus

Wearing a little sumpin' I'm making a sample of, FUTUR.

Hope your back feels better, 30 Roses.

Waves to new posters here. Welcome!!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hi new faces! Great names there, CavalierCanary and TrikkiRikki.

Gentle pats to the Sicky Biccies. I feel for you with that pulled back, 30Roses. Ow! Eau de liniment perhaps?

I'm in Cashmere Mist because I haven't worn it in ages and it's a school run day. I'd forgotten how initially sweet this is (comparatively - remember I've been on an oakmoss overload recently) but it's absolutely lovely.

SMM - I love the sound of that Neil Morris; I have a little money coming my way so I think I can feel a session of ordering samples coming on.
    And Roberto, can I come sit next to you please? Those notes are gorgeous!

Have a lovely day all.
    xxx
    Last edited by Wordbird; 21st January 2010 at 01:06 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

I've been noodling around at home, not showered or dressed yet, but I can still smell Pure White Linen from yesterday afternoon/evening, so I'm going to continue with that today. I love it from start to finish, and it's very long lasting on me. I hope all with ailments will be well soon. ♥

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    I feel for you with that pulled back, 30Roses. Ow! Eau de liniment perhaps?

Eau de liniment

Yes, Tiger Balm may be next. Or Freeze-It. The hot pack sure isn't helping much!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Wecome, cavaliercanary. Many of us are intense and worrisome. (Guilty.) Could use with more cavalier around here. Of course, you may have another association with the word. We will extract or surmise this information from you over time, cc!

Visitor/friend/client arriving shortly, the widower of an ecology-minded friend. He promised his late wife he’d see that her plant essays got printed in book form. Best guess as to what will make John comfortable: earthy, semi-sweet Black Vetyver Cafe (with a pinch of Sel de Vetiver).
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Roberto, we are just going to form a line to come be by you - that sounds lovely.
    39Roses, hope your sore self gets back on track soon. Tiger Balm actually doesn't smell THAT bad

I'm in Cuir de Lancome today.

Hello everyone!

I'm in Clinique's Aromatics Elixir again - I just can't get enough of it lately! It's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm in Clinique's Aromatics Elixir again - I just can't get enough of it lately! It's perfect.
    I should send you my mini bottle... I don't get enough pleasure out of it... :/

Good morning everyone!!
    A quick stop to say hello before going to work. Today I will be wearing Gourmand Coquin by Guerlain.
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    I should send you my mini bottle... I don't get enough pleasure out of it... :/
    Thanks for the generous thought, but I really think you should hang onto it and try it again in the future (and don't be too lavish with it, not that I'm accusing you of anything, but I get the feeling you enjoy being in a cloud of fragrance just as much as I do!) Even though I've always appreciated it, I'm really loving it now...for whatever reason. And I've known several people who've had the same experience - in one case it went from loathing to love. You just never know.

(I will, of course, give it a good home if you decide you must part ways!)

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Thanks for the generous thought, but I really think you should hang onto it and try it again in the future (and don't be too lavish with it, not that I'm accusing you of anything, but I get the feeling you enjoy being in a cloud of fragrance just as much as I do!) Even though I've always appreciated it, I'm really loving it now...for whatever reason. And I've known several people who've had the same experience - in one case it went from loathing to love. You just never know.

(I will, of course, give it a good home if you decide you must part ways!)
    Hehehehe... You know me well... I do like the "cloud of fragrance"!! Not lately, tough... Suffering from bad migraines and using only three spritzes (yeah, I'm getting old... ).

I'll give it another shot and if I'm still unconvinced, I know you'll adopt it...

Blog Entries

Chanel-31 Rue Cambon
    Chic, sharp & crisp, this scent tingles as the fresh air after a storm.

Poor angels-
    Backs, migraines, schnertzing..(
    Feel better, my friends.

The Cosmos is MAD and BUSY;0
    All I'm sayin'...;-)

Wearing a base of Musc Nomade, with Madini duo overlay-
    Sahara [ deeply spicy resinous balsamic] and Mokhalate Malaki [ Taifi rose, oud, saffron]...
    My yoga mat should love it !

SMM- Dark Season is so beautiful; I can't count how many 'addicts' I've enabled w/ that one.
    And so very comforting, like a beacon in the dark
    Love you.

Love you all....

Basenotes Plus

Hi Wordie! Great to see you again. How's Small doing in her new school?

Balenciaga Cristobal

Get better wishes to all who are ailing, best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Welcome to the new posters!

I'm wearing Ava Luxe Neroli Blossom today. Love this one!

Tendre Poison today, haven't worn this one in ages.

Good morning! L'Artisan Vanilia for me today.

Basenotes Institution

Chene by Serge Lutens (from a sample - thanks sloan_8013)

Wow...I could totally own a bottle of this - it's SO woody.

Parfum Sacre (Caron)

I finally got my lazy self showered and dressed today. I'm now trying out Yves Rocher's Jardins des Îles de Polynésie monoi body oil, scented with tiaré. It's very nice! This is my first time experiencing the scent of tiaré. I had read that it smells like gardenia, or is a type of gardenia, but it doesn't smell like what I know as gardenia. This is more jasmine-like and has a fruity aspect, and that mixed with the coconut oil in the base makes me smell like a cocktail on a tropical beach with a flower in in it. (sigh!) And wouldn't it be nice to be there in January! So I am. Sorta.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Chanel 28 La Pausa lasts all day on the clothes! And yes, for your bare skin you have to refresh. (I wish it had more love on the forums altogether, it is a personal favorite from Les Exclusifs).
    I love 28 La Pausa! I only have a decant though, because it is not possible to find a full bottle here...

Today I wore Mazzolari - Lei, another one that is not mentioned on the forums.

Notes ( from ausliebezumduft ):

Head: Calabrian Bergamot, Lemon
    Heart: Cocoa, Patchouly, Vanilla, Labdanum (Rockrose)
    Base: Vetiver, Sandalwood, Texan Cedarwood

Poor 30 Roses! Perhaps some very gentle stretches along with the Eau de Tiger Balm?

Welcome to cavaliercanary.

SotD: I couldn't decide, until tdem mentioned Cristobal. I have a full (adorable) bottle of it but am always forgetting about it. So Cristobal it is!

For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Bvlgair BLV

Welcome cavaliercanary!

Hope you are feeling better 30Roses .

Wordbird - how is Small liking her new school?

SOTD: Hermes Kelly Caleche

Wow, Thursday already!

I am loving Mitsouko today. Last night I wore JM Lime basil and mandarin. Later today I suspect I will spritz on Jub 25 before my hair appt after work.

Grand hugs to all!

Big welcome howdies to our new residents!
    Last edited by Lessa; 21st January 2010 at 07:41 PM.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

To cavaliercanary: I do not specifically spray on the inside of the clothes, I spray on the body -- elbow crooks, behind the ears, collar bones, nape of the neck -- and let it dry some, then I put on the clothes and inevitably some of the fragrance ends up on them (clothes). Be careful, though, some fragrances are stainers -- they leave the color spot on lighter colored fabrics, not the case with La Pausa though.

To Dora: I wish I knew last year that they are not very readily available in Greece -- with so much sharing and wearing of La Pausa (guilty, primarily it was sharing!) I went through the whole big bottle and threw the empty bottle away back in August.

Have a nice afternoon, gang!

Went for Datura Noir today. It seems a bit odd to wear this in the winter, but not as odd as it should.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Ungaro III tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Tom Ford's Black Orchid Voile de Fleur

The notes for Tom Ford Black Orchid Voile de Fleur include black truffle, ylang ylang, bergamot, blackcurrant, honeysuckle, gardenia, spicy lily, black orchid, black plum, black pepper, lotus wood, succulent fruit, warm milk, cinnamon, vanilla tears, patchouli, balsam and sandalwood.

For the evening, Voile d'Ambre lotion and EdP. I just got this today, and I love it!

Like kumquat, started my day in 31 rue Cambon and fell in love.......

Fried too many plantains so I need a bath....following that, SL's MKK
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Welcome, Cavaliercanary - frivolous birds are to be encouraged!

Wearing Armani Prive Eclat de Jasmin, all the way from kindly Agent Ubu.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

As planned, after SMM's write up yesterday... Guerlain Angelique Noire. Delish!

Okay, this MKK is super scary. I drained my little sample, adored the creaminess, but this decant is gross. What's a girl to do?
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Blog Entries

It is a dark and stormy day so, I am wearing Habit Rouge.

Switched to Havana Vanille for SotE. Fragrant hugs to all!