Code of Conduct

Red face Dior Exclusive: Ambre Nuit (revisited)

Firstly, I offer my apologies for creating a new thread in honour of this one, but I have spent the better part of an hour performing searches using the "improved" search feature, and simply cant find the former thread! It has frustrated me no end, as I was keen to re-read comments on this one.

I have truly fallen for the Ambre Nuit eau de cologne in the Exclusives line. At first I didn't give it much merit, but with generous wearing I think this is possibly one of the nicest rose fragrances on the market. It works around a heart of turkish rose - but it has been transformed in a rather masculine manner. I truly think Ambre Nuit holds its own amongst Eau Noire and the other greats in the Exclusives series.

I wrote an expanded review of this here.

Default Re: Dior Exclusive: Ambre Nuit (revisited)

I too share your frustration with this new search function!

I know this is probably not the thread you were looking for as this was only our initial discussion when we found out it was going to be released - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/238...Exclusive-line

I know the thread you are referrring too but I also had a difficult time finding it. I actually found the above think through Google!

Basenotes Institution

I almost had my boss buy a bottle, unsniffed, for me when he was in France a couple weeks ago. I'm excited to smell it. Sounds great.

Is it powdery Dimitri?

Anyone remember who the perfumer is for this?

Demachy is in-house perfumer for Dior
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I almost had my boss buy a bottle, unsniffed, for me when he was in France a couple weeks ago. I'm excited to smell it. Sounds great.

Is it powdery Dimitri?
    Not a note of powderyness to be found Mike!

Thanks warlandsboy - that was the initial thread, but yes I think we're both thinking of a subsequent thread.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 22nd January 2010 at 03:33 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Ruggles, or someone in NY, can you scoot over to the Dior Homme boutique and give this one a smell & report back!?

What a pity I didn't check this one last time when I was in Paris. What about its longervity and sillage Dimitri?

I've just read your AN review. I MUST try this Amber
    Last edited by chocolateguy; 22nd January 2010 at 04:32 PM.

Chocolateguy, sillage is not titanic by any stretch of the imagination - these are colognes after all... but with that being said, it sits quite close to the skin. As to longevity, 2 or 3 very liberal squirts lasted approximately 4-5 hours on me.

It think when you come to realise this is in fact a rather masculine rose scent, it makes it somehow all the more appealing and different from other "cookie cutter" amber fragrances.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 22nd January 2010 at 04:37 PM.

It's gorgeous. One of those fragrances that smells great on first spray, but manages to smell even better a few hours later. When I spray it on my hand, I can't help but keep bringing my hand up to my nose for hours. It's really lovely, classy stuff.

I've just test sprayed some on my wrist. Thanks to a sample from AnthonyDG.

The initial blast is so familiar. It instantly reminds me of the boozy top notes of A*men Pure Malt. Anyone else see this similarity?

Tried this one today and I really like it. It's quite sweet, but enjoyable, and has a transparent texture for an amber fragrance.

Here's my first impression:

A strawberry tinged rose over a transparent and sweet amber base. There's also a slight powdery facet, but it stays under the radar all the while keeping the whole thing from going into candy land.

While it teeters on the masculine side, Ambre Nuit is no doubt a unisex fragrance. Women looking for something similar but more feminine might appreciate Indult's Manakara, which shares the strawberry rose sweetness of Ambre Nuit.
    Sales thread here

Basenotes Institution

Currently in love with this juice. There is a flash of rose-scented-hair-pomade that strangely, I am addicted to.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 12th February 2010 at 04:34 AM.