Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gucci by Gucci Sport

Oh my God! This spring is the most "sporty" ever... Burberry Sport, Lacoste Essential Sport, Tous Sport, Azzaro Chrome Sport and now Gucci is following this way with Gucci by Gucci Sport. And again with white & black & red colours.

Top notes are grapefruit, mandarin orange and cypress; middle notes are cardamom, juniper berries and fig; base notes are vetyver, patchouli and ambrette.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/G...port-7943.html

Last edited by AntonPan; 23rd January 2010 at 12:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Gucci by Gucci Sport

Where's the source of this info ?
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Can't believe this really happens in my lifetime, a Gucci for men without "pour homme" in the name!

Post Thanks / Like

They should have designed a new bottle for this one. I don't like the color scheme at all.
    I refuse to sink.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    They should have designed a new bottle for this one. I don't like the color scheme at all.
    I agree. It looks a bit "cheapo".

They might do an Oud next.....LOL
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Yes... I think, it is not sporty bottle at all

Post Thanks / Like

I saw somewhere the bottle was inspired by a horseshoe.. very sporty, haha.
    unico grande amore.

Post Thanks / Like

doesnt look like a sport frag at all, unless you want to take a bottle that weighs a few pounds with you

it get sooo many compliments on gucci pour homme. so i'm curious to try this one (although by the notes, it doesnt sound like i need it).

but regardless of how it looks or smells, it will sell.

Apparently coming up with lame flankers is now an official sport!

I think the colors are strange indeed although, tbh, the notes list does look good and a bit different. I like the sounds of cypress, juniper and fig.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not gonna lie, those notes sound SO good. I won't hesitate in trying this when it comes out.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    Can't believe this really happens in my lifetime, a Gucci for men without "pour homme" in the name!
    LOL....yeah, I totally agree hedgehog. It's a miracle. I mean, there is the original Gucci pour Homme from the 1970s....then the Tom Ford era "I" and "II" pour Homme's.....etc. They were just making it soo confusing by having Gucci by Gucci pour Homme as the name of a fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Yes... I think, it is not sporty bottle at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Giustino View Post
    I saw somewhere the bottle was inspired by a horseshoe.. very sporty, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    doesnt look like a sport frag at all, unless you want to take a bottle that weighs a few pounds with you
    Okay you three. Its really simple. The term "sport" in a fragrance refer's to CASUAL WEAR. Not your gym bag. This seems to always come up. Not sure why it is so hard to figure out. I know GQ is a piss poor magazine, but once in a while you can open it up ( while waiting for the hair stylist) and learn a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, those notes sound SO good. I won't hesitate in trying this when it comes out.
    Absolutely. You cannot go wrong with trying it. It certainly will ( or should) be an improvement over the last release. It was not bad per se, but longevity was weak.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Hopefully this one lasts longer than its counterpart.

It's so clever marketing trick to make all those "sport" flankers. Target is hudge. There are many ppl into sport and unnecessarily into fragrance in the same time. "Sport" word is a magnet for gym people

even though I see "fig" in the notes, has anybody tried/seen this yet? I'm curious about it.
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com | Yep! This Is My Moving Sale Thread
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread | I need a Creed Original Vetiver cap...

Tried this yesterday in the Gucci boutique in Bond Street, London.

And now I'm gong to have a attempt at describing it.

I tried it on my wrist and a card, it smelt and transitioned the same on both, just took longer and lasted longer on the card - I have the card here and the 4 sprays I put on it are still going strong 18 hours later. Traces of it were still on my wrist after 8 hours. So longevity is good. It seems projection is not - waving my wrist in the air in front of me and stepping forward, I couldn't identify a 'trail', and I had to bury my nose in my wrist to really notice it.

Anyone hoping for a good Grapefruit opening (like I was) will be disappointed, this is Mandarin and the woodiness of Cypress with the Grapefruit as a supporting note. You dont get the Citrus followed by the wood either, they are both together on initial sniff. There is no real sweetness in these top notes, but it is very fresh, if you can imagine a less sweet version of the opening of 4 Voleurs I think you'd be on the money. This accord steps aside after 5 minutes but never completely goes away, its like it starts as the soloist at front of stage, and then it walks backward and merges into the chorus line.

The notes that take over at this point are sweeter than the start, and mildly soapy. Very difficult to pick out individual notes at this stage, no one note like the zing of the Juniper is dominating. You definitely dont get mental images of Gin and Tonic. The soapiness, off the top of my head, reminded me of the soapiness of the middle of Penhaligons Endymion, but with the coffee note replaced by a pineyness.

I then forgot I had any GbGS on me and didn't sniff my wrist again until about 4 hours later. The soapiness is still there but subsided, so I can now tell that the sweetness of the heart came from the Fig. The Fig note is definitely of the fruit and not of the sap or plant like in Philosykos, and is paired with a restrained, non headshop Patchouli note, and I think the 2 work together well sat on top of the soap.

Not really what I was expecting from a 'Sport' flanker, and I'm not convinced it is for me, but nicely done, if a little too 'nice' (I cant imagine this is going to offend anyone, but sometimes that can be a bad thing!)

Honestly to this point i have just blackballed any fragrance with a grapefruit note anywhere in it. It's ALWAYS overdone, and always smells synthetic. There is not one scent that has been truly amazing, ex. Bulgarvi Aqva Marine"= SHIT!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Metalica77 View Post
    Honestly to this point i have just blackballed any fragrance with a grapefruit note anywhere in it. It's ALWAYS overdone, and always smells synthetic. There is not one scent that has been truly amazing, ex. Bulgarvi Aqva Marine"= SHIT!!!
    Grapefruit is absolutely dependent on body chemistry. Grapefruit smells great on me, but I won't come close to pretending that it smells good on everyone.
    I refuse to sink.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...I really appreciate the thorough review. Its amazing that someone can describe something as elusive as a fragrance, and make you feel as if you've smelt it. Well done andym72.

I'm a huge fan of the grapefruit in Live Jazz...For those of you looking for a citrus fragrance that's isn't old-smelling or one dimensional, I would recommend Live Jazz.

I tried this at the Gucci store yesterday and on first spritz I wasn't so enthused. There was a bit of the original with the vetiver and patchouli in your face, but smoothed over with cardamom and fig, but it still clashed a little too much with the patchouli. But as it settled, I was really bowled over. The fig is not overly coconutty and is rather subtle, and you smell the cypress, but somehow it combines with something, perhaps the juniper berries, to give off something that smells almost smoky and resinous but not really. For the most part, it bears the sport signature with a very fresh mandarin supported by vetiver throughout the fragrance. It is a transparent fragrance, and drydown is awfully subtle--slightly warm and woody.

Alas, most of the fragrance didn't hold up more than 40 minutes on skin, so don't expect much for longevity. They should've called it Cologne Sport.

Thumbs up for this one--I'm gonna pick it up tonight since I have the need for instant gratification on this one. You can find it however already on bigdiscountfragrances.com for some reason, because as I understand it, it's only available in the Gucci Stores for now. Still pricey after paying shipping for it, but if you don't have a Gucci store nearby to test it, and not afraid of blind buying, go for it!
    Last edited by iMaverick; 10th March 2010 at 06:02 AM.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that review/thoughts iMaverick. Always good to hear from one of my favorite reviewers/
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

This is already discounted online: http://www.bigdiscountfragrances.com...ampaign=mybuys
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Finally tried it today. I had high hopes but so far I am very disappointed.

When I sprayed it on my hand I could not smell anything else but alcohol for some minutes.........it never really developed anywhere and after half an hour I washed my hands and forgot about it.
    After that I could feel "something in the air" and suddenly I found out that my hand now smelled quite much of the original Baldessarini and it stayed that way for 3 hours.
    I do not know if this is good or bad but there is nothing "Sporty" about this fragrance.
    Has anyone else noticed the Baldessarini-resemblance?

Mic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was not a happy camper with this one, but YMMV, so I'll tell you why I'm disappointed.

I actually really like the regular Gucci by Gucci PH, with its odd mix of modern wood, sporty fresh aquatic, and an elegant pseudo-chypre aspect that I think is pretty unique among similar frags. Admittedly, a bit too weak, but the rest is fine with me, so it's a guilty pleasure. Then along come THIS THING, where they made it even weaker, and removed almost all of the chypre thing, which was a significant portion of the odor to begin with. This stuff just disappears on my skin. It's like alcohol, and then it's gone. GONE.

I'll keep trying it, but I think I can save my money. I had hoped for an intense - this is the opposite.

I did not get any Baldessarini - but boy I wish I did, 'cause that's good stuff!

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Tried it - did not like it all. It's quite awful.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 27th April 2010 at 10:26 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Surprised to see so many underwhelmed with this fragrance. I haven't tried it yet, but the notes look pretty good! I'm excited to try this one!

Post Thanks / Like

Despite all the negative reviews I find this one rather interesting. Yes, it is generic and not original, but Gucci by Gucci Sport is very delicious and, I think, it would be very comfortable to wear it, especially in summer. It starts with sugary grapefruit, and in this way it resembles the sweeter version of Boss Pure (It seems that P&G uses the formula of Boss Pure in all its fresh scents - first in Lacoste Essential Sport, after that here). Then the great amount of fruits appears and the scent becomes very soapy. But, as I've already mentioned, Gucci by Gucci Sport is pleasant and has the future of big bestseller. The longevity on my skin is surprisingly good, not poor.

Post Thanks / Like

P. S. I haven't found any similarities with original Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried this one a few times and hate it. It's like a watery grapefruit mixed with pencil shavings. Very, very weak too.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried this today. Smells like a more cloying Bond No. 9 Gramercy Park. Not very impressed.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Post Thanks / Like

it's been a while since I tried this one, and I can only tell you this scent is pathetic kids scent. Smells like sweet fruity bubble gum - if I did not know it was Gucci, would have thought it to be Bruno Banani or something from Adidas/Oriflame/Axe. L A M E!

Post Thanks / Like

Gucci by Gucci Sport smells generic IMHO. Not very impresed

I was not impressed at all. I do think the original smells good, but no longevity.
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

Finally tried this... so disappointing... smells like quite a few things out there, it dies down and I swear I caught a CK Free type of vibe and it just... dunno. If this were a gift, I'd be in the BN Marketplace swapping it out. Don't like this one at all... and I truly wanted to.
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com | Yep! This Is My Moving Sale Thread
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread | I need a Creed Original Vetiver cap...

Tried it today. Nothing special. Reminded me of DKNY's Be Delicious for men.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Tried it today. Nothing special. Reminded me of DKNY's Be Delicious for men.
    Yeah, thanks. Nobody mentioned apples, yet. All I got off the sprayed card was red apples. Like uncut, red apples with a light patchouli base, maybe some cedar, or dark teak wood. Like sticking your nose in a crate of red apples, maybe Jonathan or Red Delicious. Not amazing, but nice. Better than citrus or marine "sport" offerings. Still it was very short lived. Maybe a couple hours and it became a light skin scent. On the card, mind you.

I would definitely maybe get this if it were on a closeout sale.
    "Flagrantly fragrant and they can't escape me. My perfume pursued them everywhere that they went.
    You don't want a loan, leave my cologne alone. It's a little too strong for you to be putting on".
    - Lupe Fiasco