Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: best acuatic for you

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mr Hulot's Holiday by CB I Hate Perfume.

1 4.76%
  • Profumum Acqua di Sale

1 4.76%
  • i Profumi di Firenze Brezza di Mare

1 4.76%
  • Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561 Hyle

0 0%
  • Heeley's Sel Marin.

5 23.81%
  • Sel D' Vetiver from the Different Co

7 33.33%
  • Laura Tonatto's Oltre

1 4.76%
  • Arcus Amouage

1 4.76%
  • escentrics molecules 02

1 4.76%
  • turquoise Olivier Durbano

2 9.52%
  • Acquiilssssima by Hilde Soliani

0 0%
  • Arcus Cirrus

1 4.76%

Default Please help me with aquatics . TRY ONE.

Ok this is a poll of acuatics,of this list which can work for me.

PD: I don`t like the acuatics in Erolfa/Mare way,are dry for me, i in aquatic-fresh league.
    Last edited by Dry_Martini; 23rd January 2010 at 05:56 PM.
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

Default Re: Please help me with aquatics . TRY ONE.

From that list I like Profumum Acqua di Sale, closely followed by Olivier Durbano Turquoise.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Holy moly, thats an exclusive list

I'd say Sel d'Vertiver, simply because I liked it best from the ones I've tried.

Haven't tried all of this list.. but I liked turqouise.. definently.
    unico grande amore.

I also recommend Turquoise as it is not your stock standard Aquatic. Here is what I had to say about it on my blog.

Mr Hulot's Holiday would be weird to wear. It isn't so much a cologne as it is a sense memory stimulator. It would be good as a room spray if you rented a place in Cape Cod for the summer.

I went through this phase a year or so ago. I came to the conclusion that my favorite was Heeley Sel Marin, when it didn't go "fishy" on me. I found Arcus too fruity synthetic and Turquoise's ozone notes irritate me.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Thanks Sirs for his opinions.

PD: Dimitri great description
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

i honestly never heard of any of the options... ;p

Out of these, I have just tried Amouage Arcus, Laura Tonatto Oltre & Sel de Vetiver.

I would pick up Sel de Vetiver. It's an incredible vetiver with a salty note. Sillage is excellent too.
    Definitely a must try before you make a decision.

Oltre, to my nose was extremely synthetic and smelt like rotten fish.
    Arcus, as far as I remember was very average. Certainly not worth the price.

I've only tried the following from your list: Acqua di Sale, Brezza di Mare, Hyle, Sel Marin, Sel de Vetiver, and Turquoise. I like all of them quite a bit, except for Turquoise (something my nose didn't like; not sure what!).

I voted for Brezza di Mare. It's ultra-refreshing and I like the bit of watermelon in it. I have a bottle. However, Acqua di Sale and Sel Marin are very well done, too, IMO.

I love Sel de Vetiver, but I do not classify it as aquatic. It is not watery to me at all, but it's a gorgeous salty vetiver that certainly evokes the seaside.

Some others that I really enjoy, but that aren't on your list are Stephanie de Saint-Aignan Embruns d'Ambre, Neil Morris Midnight Sea, Il Profumo Aria di Mare, and Comptoir Sud Pacifique Aqua Motu.

I really must try Oltre. Sounds like a winner!
    Last edited by Haunani; 24th January 2010 at 07:10 PM.

Haunani, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Embruns d'Ambre, now that's not one that comes up often.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Haunani, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Embruns d'Ambre, now that's not one that comes up often.
    Well, it's a simple fragrance in a way, but very well done, and a favorite of mine. It is an aquatic amber, different from anything else I've tried, sort of a mix of sea and land, cool and warm. Listed notes (Luckyscent) are Ocean Notes, Sand, Lemon, Wood, and Amber. It might seem feminine, to some guys, not sure. If you want to try a little, just PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Well, it's a simple fragrance in a way, but very well done, and a favorite of mine. It is an aquatic amber, different from anything else I've tried, sort of a mix of sea and land, cool and warm. Listed notes (Luckyscent) are Ocean Notes, Sand, Lemon, Wood, and Amber. It might seem feminine, to some guys, not sure. If you want to try a little, just PM me!
    Haunani, thanks for the offer, but I'm already planning a sample order. Thanks for the generous offer though!

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Haunani, thanks for the offer, but I'm already planning a sample order. Thanks for the generous offer though!
    Well, if you try Embruns, please let me know what you think!

+1 for Brezza di Mare

Quote Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
    i honestly never heard of any of the options... ;p
    LOL me neither.

I voted Arcus - Amouage...though to be honest I do represent..Azzaro Chrome as a nice aquatic scent...It is popular though can be understood why, not bad at all..
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket