Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ralph Lauren Big Pony?

Was told by a Macy's SA that this is to come out soon. Anybody hear about this? It is supposed to appeal to teens. Big Pony? I don't think toddlers would want to wera something named that, much less teenagers.

Default Re: Ralph Lauren Big Pony?

Oh jeez. I'm going to take a moment and say a prayer in hopes that we may never see Big Pony flankers such:

L'eau de Big Pony
    Big Pony Summer Spritz
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sur la Plage

Could be - it is the name of their shirts with the larger than life polo logo on them.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Big Pony Double Black Manure Reserve
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 24th January 2010 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Big Pony Double Black Manure Reserve:
    Now that sounds like it a could be a BN favorite!

I'd buy it if it came in a bottle like that. Seriously.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

- The scent bottle is yet to have the mega large polo player that now seem to be on very thing Lauren is making.

Love that bottle!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Was told by a Macy's SA that this is to come out soon. Anybody hear about this? It is supposed to appeal to teens. Big Pony? I don't think toddlers would want to wera something named that, much less teenagers.
    Toddlers would if it's called 'My Little Pony'.

Blog Entries

Big Black Pony
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Hilarious

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Bwahahahaha lol, Ruggles, I needed a good laugh, your too much! lol How about, Big Pony Sausage Casing Reserve lol
    Last edited by Scentologist; 24th January 2010 at 03:38 AM.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Big Pony? I don't think toddlers would want to wera something named that, much less teenagers.
    I am sorry, this is too funny. Can't stop laughing, help me please, I can't breathe...
    Evenstar

A fragrance named Big Pony ??!! That just seems funny and strange....I actually want to see it made This cannot be serious....is it ? I guess when jocks on a muscle web forum talk about their favorite Ralph Lauren scent, they can say " Aaaah yeeeah, I love to ride this big pony !!"
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

"happy to you, log pony!"

Do a Google search on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    L'eau de Big Pony
    Hahaha. Damn.. but for sure.. big pony would be one sucking name for a perfume.
    unico grande amore.

Well, if Burger King can do it, why not Ralph Lauren?

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Could be - it is the name of their shirts with the larger than life polo logo on them.
    If they had the bad taste to do those, then why not Big Pony?

Blog Entries

Ruggles - I almost split my side laughing. I'll get you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    If they had the bad taste to do those, then why not Big Pony?
    Totally agreed, unfortunately. My wife and I are drawn, for separate reasons, to Lauren clothes simply by the style, which works so nicely on both of us. I held my nose and bought the "Big Pony" on a few items, being able to ignore it for the sake of the clothes. Unfortunately, other people can't, and it draws quite a bit of flak. Perhaps there is no such thing as bad publicity for a fashion line, but I prefer clothes to simply make me look better than I would otherwise. If people like them, they will look for the logo, or ask.

The small polo logo, perhaps done in a very abstract way, would make it fresher, without drawing embarrassing attention. I would suggest the hiring of a zen-influenced designer or calligrapher who can create a small, highly simplified, abstract pony logo from a few lines - and who will then remove one line to perfect it.

Especially the multicolored photorealistic version of the big pony logo is beyond me. At first I thought this was a joke.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Toddlers would if it's called 'My Little Pony'.
    Actually … I was thinking that if Big Pony was for young men, then My Little Pony would be for young women. This is difficult to describe on a Monday morning — er, um, think “man in the boat.”
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Very subtly put, Quarry.

Maybe I can sue. I think I copyrighted that as my nickname long ago.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

There will be four fragrances in Big Pony series, Big Pony 1, Big Pony 2 etc. That's the bottle of Big Pony 3.

I can't translate the full description from Russian, but L'Oreal says that the core notes of Big Pony 3 are ginger and mint, and that the fragrance will be very strong.
    Last edited by AntonPan; 13th May 2010 at 10:17 PM.

Big Pony 1 is a sporty and fresh scent, base notes are lemon and moss.

This is spicy-oriental Big Pony 3 with chocolate and musk inside. (The most anticipating for me of four)

Energetiс version with grapefruit and woods

Last edited by AntonPan; 13th May 2010 at 10:25 PM.

I honestly can't take something seriously with a name like "Big Pony," sounds like something a six-year old girl would name: "Mommy and Daddy, I want a big pony!"

but then again... RL seems to be doing a brisk trade with this type of over-logo'd thing, almost becoming a parody of himself. Who said the early '90s were too recent to culturally mine just yet!
    Last edited by Oaksbluff; 14th May 2010 at 01:40 AM.

I would just say I'm wearing BP-1, BP-2 etc.

BP will make people think you're wearing crude oil poured into the Gulf of Mexico, though -- might as well say you're wearing Valdez by Exxon.
    Last edited by Thalia; 14th May 2010 at 12:07 AM.

Wow, four scents? Impressive.
    I refuse to sink.

In the past I used Ralph Lauren Blue and I was actually very fond of Ralph Lauren but I would never buy something called "Big Pony"...

Blog Entries

Now that we can change our screen names, I'm totally tempted...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Sur la Plage

Some further info from nstperfume.com:

Ralph Lauren will launch a quartet of new fragrances for men, the Big Pony Collection, next month. The fragrances are named for the Big Pony polo shirts and other fashion items.

Big Pony 1 ~ the sporty & dynamic entry; an aromatic citrus with lime and oak. Blue bottle.

Big Pony 2 ~ a seductive oriental fougère with dark chocolate and musk. Red bottle.

Big Pony 3 ~ a woody fougère for adventure, with ginger and mint. Green bottle.

Big Pony 4 ~ a fruity woody fragrance for the stylish man, with grapefruit and kyara wood. Orange bottle.

The Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection fragrances will be available in 75 and 125 ml Eau de Toilette; there will also be a coffret with all four fragrances in smaller bottles

Last edited by petruccijc; 22nd May 2010 at 08:14 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

"Big Pony Pour Femme"

They have that in Mexico except they call it a donkey show
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Its official...he has no shame.

Regards,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    In the past I used Ralph Lauren Blue and I was actually very fond of Ralph Lauren but I would never buy something called "Big Pony"...
    Devilishly I'll suggest perhaps THIS IS THE SCENT with which you could completely convince your Gran you're a hopeless degenerate! (just kidding of course, but with a silly name like Big Pony there has to be SOME use for the scent.)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Institution

What kind of name is Big Pony - sounds deviant sexual or I have a filthy mind...........*LOL* ROFL
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Aside from the name, they all look pretty interesting. Are these already out in stores?

Blog Entries

Now that I've gotten over the shock, I'm actually looking forward to trying these. The packaging isn't THAT outrageous, and the descriptions are appealing. Provided they're not anemic, there could be a winner or two in the mix. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    The Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection fragrances will be available in 75 and 125 ml Eau de Toilette; there will also be a coffret with all four fragrances in smaller bottles
    Woohoo! If they're spray bottles around 20ML for about 60 bucks, I'd probably jump right on that at retail if I like the scents.
    I refuse to sink.

No 2 & 3 sound tempting to me but I do not have high expectation for the Polo house though!

Has anyone tried these yet?

At least three out of four were available locally,in Athens,kinda strange,since new launches tend to lag for some months to come here.I was lazy to sample though...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Anyone try these. The lady at Nordstrom here said that she would put them out today. She told me this yesterday, so I'm not sure if she did though. I really interested in #2.

They are out in Macys' now. Maybe it is me, but #1 reminds me of Wall Street. Discuss.

I am personally fond of #1, #3 and #4. These will roll out prior to fathers Day here down under.

These are at Macy's now. I tried to sample them today, but was in a hurry, and on top of that was interrupted by a sales rep who kept sticking D&G sprayed strips under my nose and quite literally drug me to the D&G section of the counter. I managed to get a whiff of #2 and #3 on paper, but can't say much other than that they did not inspire me to a purchase or anything. #2 seemed too sweet, kind of plastic-y or something and very youth oriented. #3 had more character but still struck me as youth-oriented, still sweeter than I expected given the notes listed, and a little 2-dimensional, if that makes any sense. I'd be curious to hear others' thoughts for sure. Again, these are very initial impressions and I'm bummed I didn't get to spend more time sniffing them.

I tried #1 and #2 today. I can say with confidence that I won't be buying either. I was looking forward to trying #1 because of the citrus and moss, a combination I absolutely love in Laura Tonatto's Albi. Here it just felt completely flat and uninspired. Very little projection, and like robyogi stated, very two dimensional. #2 started out ok, but within a few minutes it got diabetically sweet. Overall just a super sweet, generic oriental.

I'll probably try #3 and #4 tomorrow, but based on the first two, I won't exactly be having lofty expectations...

I tested the green bottle last week and it didn't seem very strong or long lasting to me.Sorry but I'm not impressed by it.

Sur la Plage

I tried all 4 Ponies - Blah, Bland, Boring and Banal. Nothing I will be purchasing, even when they show up at Marshalls/TJ Maxx later this year.

I have no desire to even try these.

What's next -- Ralph Lauren Hung Horse!

"Hung Horse ~ A long lasting fragrance from Ralph Lauren"
    Last edited by ajmc; 17th July 2010 at 10:41 PM.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Ralph Lauren Rooster....Got Cock? She will be cock-a-doodle-doing when you wear these scents lol

I am not even interested in trying these.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

What's up with these companies dropping lackluster collections? First D&G, not Ralph Lauren.
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread - AGAIN
    I still need a Creed Original Vetiver 120ml cap...

Talking Re: Ralph Lauren Big Pony?

Really like the red bottle pony - so I too home my pretty red pony. I'm going to name him Sweet Sticky Red Candy - he's so cute in my collection.

........Just joshing - this is all teen crap only best is Polo Green Original - they can make all this crap they want just don't tamper with the real McCoy!
    Last edited by scentimus; 19th July 2010 at 02:10 AM.

No sillage or longevity. They are mediocre at best, bad if your looking for "something else". They smell nice on paper, they just don't smell on my skin.

In Spain there is a heaver marketing campaign with them. El Corte Ingles sells them exclusively and they follow you through the shot trying to sell you this crap.

Blog Entries

I managed to sniff them yesterday and test them on skin. The bottom line for me was nothing compelling enough for a quick buy, but maybe one or two keepers once my nose gets accustomed to the scents. I could detect some worthy combinations of notes, but JUST BARELY. Thin to the point of - exactly as robyogi and KMF said - 2D. I owe it to these juices to try them at, say, 5 or 6 sprays on skin. Maybe 3 or 4 for #1. It took a while for my nose to get accustomed to several modern weak orientals, including Dirty English (which is a damn good scent, IMO), and that has me holding out hope for #2.

The fact that I had four significant wet-spot sprays on my arms, and was barely getting any projection 15 minutes later, should tell you something. The only thing identifiable in sillage was #1. However, I have to admit that it was good sillage, and rather pleasing (I'm not familiar with LT Albi which KMF mentioned as a comparison, so it may or may not stack up; however, KMF's nose is a good predictor of mine, so be warned...). Longevity on #1 and #2 was decent, but only #1 had reasonable projection. I got a little projection out of #2. And #3 just dropped off my radar. Scentwise, #1 was most interesting to me, followed by #2 and #4. #2 has the potential to grow on me. #4 - maybe.

The scents themselves were not totally boring to me, but not a single one was a new Polo, nor even a Modern Reserve. I thought that some of them were potentially distinctive, but the volumes are held down to modern commercial levels, where their subtleties are almost lost. Maybe it's just that I've been testing a bunch of niche naturals at kick-ass strengths, but these were not making much of an impression. #1 was a bit like lime Jello - in a good way. #2 - a weak but pleasant oriental. #3 made little impression other than "OK". And #4 was almost a bit weird - possibly in a good way, once I get my head around it. I thought that #1 was, almost conceptually, like "seller" topnotes - probably the first one to be sniffed, and therefore designed to make a fast, easy, and positive impression (like I said, lime Jello). #2 almost struck me as a "red Polo" - something I've dreamed about. This has the potential to grow on me. But, unfortunately, the strength is just too light for Polo green, or even Modern Reserve, to be a valid comparison. If Polo was red and came as an EDC (or even an EDC Fraîche ( ), that would be what we're talking. I know that Polo strength is a cultural relic, but still - a bit more would have been nice. #3 smelled great for the first sniff, but by the time I sniffed it again, it was GONE. #4 has a slightly funky smell - I can see how some might like it. I felt like the odd numbers were more commercial, and the even numbers more "Basenotes-friendly".

If these were upped to EDPs, I would have bought the 4-pack of smalls. But bear in mind that I'm OK with most modern designer scents. At this point, I'm potentially in the market for #1 or #2 if a full-wear test goes well.

Today, yesterday's spray card of Bleu de Chanel - not exactly powerhouse - still has enough scent to tell it's Chanel. My card for #1 has a bit left, if I use my imagination. The others big ponies are out of the stable and GONE.

Where did you see Bleu de Chanel?

I sampled all four today. I'm not impressed at all.
    I love the original Polo, I like Safari, but this stuff is weak.

Blog Entries

Where did you see Bleu de Chanel?
    They had a tester at my Saks. Just one tester, but they were taking orders. I'll post my impressions to that thread shortly....

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    If these were upped to EDPs, I would have bought the 4-pack of smalls.
    There's a set of miniatures ?. Let me guess - Shetland Pony ?
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 18th July 2010 at 06:50 PM.