Code of Conduct

Default what would nick charles played by william powell in the thin man series wear?

i looked at perfume shrine list but didn't find him there. maybe he didn't wear anything or was overlooked. could be something vintage or modern as long as it would be appropriate for his character. maybe something boozy/ cocktaily since he drank copious amounts of alcohol throughout the films. very excited to hear your recs and thanks in advance!

Default Re: what would nick charles played by william powell in the thin man series wear?

Love the Thin Man flicks. Nick would wear Eau de Cartier because it smells like a gin martini.

Actually I see him in something debonaire, but manly--Habit Rouge, Heritage, Tiffany.

Nora--Bandit, Cabochard, or Cuir de Russie
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Default Re: what would nick charles played by william powell in the thin man series wear?

Clive Christian No. 1
    Last edited by hednic; 25th January 2010 at 12:51 PM.

Perhaps The Third Man. Classy, debonair, not stuffy.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    Perhaps The Third Man. Classy, debonair, not stuffy.
    Good choice! And great Nabokov quotation! Adding Lagerfeld Classic and Michael Kors for Men, both classy, but a little rough and tumble (and boozy).
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Monsieur de Givenchy of course. Everybody knows that.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Non-anachronistically: Dunhill (1934)
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Cartier Santos concentree or Declaration

Trumpers Eucris...

I love these films, and these are all good choices. But I go with The_Good_ Life, Dunhill 1934