Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation WHAT THE...My Ambre Sultan crystalized!

I keep all of my fragrances in an unused bedroom in my house which I have the heat turned off in. It gets rather cold, perhaps into the mid 40s f. when it is really cold outside. I noticed last week that my Ambre Sultan had spiky round crystals in the bottom! I freaked out a bit. Certainly it is not that cold as to cause this, or is it? I never have seen a fragrance do this before and wonder if any of you have. I put the bottle in my medicine cabinet in the bathroom for a few days and the crystals remained. At last I warmed the bottle by keeping it close to my skin for many hours, shaking it once in a while and the crystals at long last dissolved, but there is still a little grain or two in the bottom.

All I can say is, WTF? Should I contact Serge Lutens? I bought this online and honestly can't remember where. The fragrance does not seem to be damaged to my nose. Any thoughts?

My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Default Re: WHAT THE...My Ambre Sultan crystalized!

It's the first time I'm seeing crystals in a fragrance, but I have seen cloudiness/sediments quite a few times. I'd say it's probably not out of ordinary, but please do contact serge lutens and let's see what they say. Ambroxan is what I can think of, but even that forms a sediment in my experience.

curious.

That is disconcerting to say the least and with the temp in the 40's F it should not have ice crystals within. How weird, I wonder if its some ingredient that is reacting to the cold. Though surely not, I'm puzzled.

I hope the juice smells ok though.

You have the most beautiful bottle of fragrance that i ever seen

Banned
    Blog Entries

Bottle must be getting colder than in the 40s. There's a very high alcohol content in the perfume, something that wouldn't begin to freeze unless you were looking at consistently extreme negative temperatures. Exactly where in the house are you keeping this bottle? Near a window? In a relatively open space with little or nothing surrounding it? Seems like it's getting the brunt of it toward the bottom of the bottle there, judging by your pic.

It must be the natural labdanum that is forming the crystals......

*read the 'rare note' thread and my posts in it for the reference...hehehe

Oh... and can you loan me a buck? Yeah that one right behind the bottle...thanks!
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    That is disconcerting to say the least and with the temp in the 40's F it should not have ice crystals within. How weird, I wonder if its some ingredient that is reacting to the cold. Though surely not, I'm puzzled.

I hope the juice smells ok though.
    I am puzzled too. I had to get the bottle quite warm for most of the day, shaking a lot to get those darn crystals to go into solution. They did not want to dissolve back into the juice... I never thought that something like this would happen with temps between 45 and 50 degrees.

I have written a letter with pictures to Serge Lutens. But what are they do do? They can not replace the bottle because they will not shop to the US. I just wonder what those crystals are...
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    Bottle must be getting colder than in the 40s. There's a very high alcohol content in the perfume, something that wouldn't begin to freeze unless you were looking at consistently extreme negative temperatures. Exactly where in the house are you keeping this bottle? Near a window? In a relatively open space with little or nothing surrounding it? Seems like it's getting the brunt of it toward the bottom of the bottle there, judging by your pic.
    It is not hear a window but on a desk against an inside wall. I have plants and a high/low recording thermometer in the room. The coldest temp this winter was 46 degrees.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    It is not hear a window but on a desk against an inside wall. I have plants and a high/low recording thermometer in the room. The coldest temp this winter was 46 degrees.

Very strange indeed. I hope Lutens gets back to you with an explanation. I suppose if the juice smells normal there's no real problem, but if it gets skunked . . .

Not had that issue, nor heard of this before, kind of makes you wonder what is happening with the bottles you cant see through. Does it smell ok ?

had the exact same issue when receiving a bottle of L'Ombre Fauve about 2 years ago.
    it was flown in from Cali in the dead of winter and was packaged / insulated well enough to retain the cold
    when it was trucked after the air travel.

bottom line = there was a high enough concentration of the fragrant components in the formula that the
    alcohol couldn't keep them 'broken up' at whatever temperature the cargo hold was. in the end, it was just fine when left @ room temp for a while and doesn't do that in the frag fridge. no harm, no foul to the juice. it's just odd & - in least in my case - doesn't TRULY hurt anything.

that is one cold ass room though.

Ive never seen this before

They need to send u a brand new bottle and a backup of something else !! ASAP !!

Blog Entries

I hope no one in marketing sees these photos, because they might get ideas from this, and then we'll get new bottle designs, and then a new formulation...
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    had the exact same issue when receiving a bottle of L'Ombre Fauve about 2 years ago.
    it was flown in from Cali in the dead of winter and was packaged / insulated well enough to retain the cold
    when it was trucked after the air travel.

bottom line = there was a high enough concentration of the fragrant components in the formula that the
    alcohol couldn't keep them 'broken up' at whatever temperature the cargo hold was. in the end, it was just fine when left @ room temp for a while and doesn't do that in the frag fridge. no harm, no foul to the juice. it's just odd & - in least in my case - doesn't TRULY hurt anything.

that is one cold ass room though.
    It is a cold room! I don't use it and I over-winter plants in there that need cool winter temperatures to bloom better in the spring and summer. I have a space heater in there that kicks on at 45 degrees. My house is old...
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

I have seen this with my big 250ml bottle of Amber Absolute, nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    They need to send u a brand new bottle and a backup of something else !! ASAP !!
    I agree! And the extra bottle needs to be Muscs Koublai Khan!
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe C View Post
    I have seen this with my big 250ml bottle of Amber Absolute, nothing to worry about.
    I am not too worried...at the moment, but I would never turn down a free bottle either! LOL.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Lutens bottle are ones that have the sprayers that get put on after it gets shipped with a splash cap. I just wonder if it somehow let in some moisture and that's just water that got frozen.

Um, no...water does not freeze at 46ºƒ. And water crystals are not round spiky things...
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Um... it was just an idea I was throwing out for the sake of conversation... don't need to get all... um... about it.

It's all good. I'm not...um.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

That I genuinely bizarre, seems to be some sort of chemical reaction between ingredients. Never heard of anything like that before.

I am guessing that some of the alcohol has evaporated allowing one of the ingredients to recrystallize. One of the guys or girls who make perfumes will probably be able to guess what it is.

Never seen anything like this either. Weird.

Weird to say the least but its nice looking at least :P

It's the natural Styrax (Liquidambar) crystallizing. You can probably run it under some warm water and shake it up. It may never fully reincorporate.
    Last edited by wooznib; 27th January 2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    It's the natural Styrax (Liquidambar) crystallizing. You can probably run it under some warm water and shake it up. It may never fully reincorporate.
    After warming it, most incorporated, but there are two or three grains about the size of a small salt crystal or smaller that have not reincorporated. Interesting...storax.

I can't wait to hear what Serge Lutens says about this one!
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

I just added a healthy amount of styrax in a decant bottle (nothing important) and put it in the fridge.
    Will update.

Love learning new stuff.

Ok. Quick results, but it looks more like that wooly or milky stuff that sometimes occur. Nowhere as cute and well built as yours.

closeup:

Maybe there is a bit too much styrax in it. Don't know. I've shaken it and put it to the balcony. lets see if I can get close by tomorrow. I'm still curious :P

There are lots of chemical that crystallize (freeze) at temps much higher that the freezing point of water, sort of like honey. Give it a few days at room temp and see what happens.
    This seems to be a good reason to not store frags in the fridge.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I'd guess the styrax formed a supersaturated solution and crystallized as a result of the temperature drop:

Liquids can dissolve more of a substance when it is warm, so if you put salt in hot water to the point it is saturated, as it cools the water is not capable of holding as much salt and if there is no trigger to make the salt crystallize out, the salt water solution will become supersaturated. If you drop a single crystal of salt in this water, salt will from the solutiuon will crystallize around it. It can also crystallize out due to agitation, a tiny piece of dust, etc.

So, it might need to be gently heated to get all of the crystals to dissolve, but this has it's risks. I might heat it in a water bath to 100 F or so, probably not much more.

Cool pic of the crystals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersaturation

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    Ok. Quick results, but it looks more like that wooly or milky stuff that sometimes occur. Nowhere as cute and well built as yours.

closeup:

Maybe there is a bit too much styrax in it. Don't know. I've shaken it and put it to the balcony. lets see if I can get close by tomorrow. I'm still curious :P
    Nice images there. I should have set up my DSLR and taken so hi res images but I just did some small images of my crystals. I can describe them well and along with the pictures of yours, the crystals that formed for me were quite definitely completely round like little spikes protruding out from a single point. They were about ¼" in diameter, not at all like the wooly globs you showed.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    I'd guess the styrax formed a supersaturated solution and crystallized as a result of the temperature drop:

Liquids can dissolve more of a substance when it is warm, so if you put salt in hot water to the point it is saturated, as it cools the water is not capable of holding as much salt and if there is no trigger to make the salt crystallize out, the salt water solution will become supersaturated. If you drop a single crystal of salt in this water, salt will from the solutiuon will crystallize around it. It can also crystallize out due to agitation, a tiny piece of dust, etc.

So, it might need to be gently heated to get all of the crystals to dissolve, but this has it's risks. I might heat it in a water bath to 100 F or so, probably not much more.

Cool pic of the crystals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersaturation
    Yes, this is all basic chemistry. I don't think I will put the bottle back into cooler temperatures to see if I can get the crystals to re-form though! Nor do I think I will heat the perfume any further to get the one or two tiny grains back into solution. I might, but I don't want to risk damaging the fragrance. I just hope, and expect that the perfume is OK. Maybe this is simple proof that the concentration of ingredients in Ambre Sultan is quite high indeed! Love this fragrance.

Thanks to all...
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

it is most definitely not supersaturation...
    akahina, I agree yours look different.

From what I understand of chemistry, I believe it would have to be super saturation, wouldn't it? I mean, really, wouldn't it? There has to be a "seed" for the crystal to form on and the cooler temps would have made the liquid super saturated which causes the crystallization, right? It does not happen for no reason. Somebody will clear this up for us I am sure...
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

well, no. if it was supersaturated ( and the bottle was a special environment for it to stay so ) it would do weird things after the first spray. ambre sultan definitely does not contain any more solubles than any extrait. it's regularly saturated, trust me

something in it solidifies/crystallizes in a higher temperature than others, probably. it's probably crystal in its original state too. but like I said, it's the first time I see a result that looks like that. most likely, it's the environment that is special, than the substance. it could be vanillin.

OK. I hope Serge Lutens replies... Whatever caused this makes me curious. And my curious mind wants answers! I am not really upset about this because the fragrance seems fine and smells wonderful. It just seems weird.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

You have nice bottle now. Just sell it on ebay for 5x retail prize as limited edition and buy another one.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

I love how this thread evolved.

And I agree with Daniel, that is the best looking bottle I've ever seen.

for swap/sale:

So..... after reading this I naturally went to my bottle to check it - no crystals :} and since I treasure this liquid so much I (foolishly) don't wear it but on special occasions. I took off the cap and could smell the exquisite scent I remember and decide to spray a bit on me just for fun and.... it seems to have turned it's not as sweet as I remember and out of the bottle it's not that pleasant. But, the dry down is still very acceptable, more like Ambre Genghis Khan than a Sultan. I will see how it develops over a longer period of time.

Sorry to get off topic, but just had to share :} The crystals baffle me too, but as long as it still smells good, no biggie Would love to hear what SL has to say as well. good luck.

FOR SALE: VERY RARE bottle of Serge Lutens Ambre Genghis Khan... VERY limited edition. Inquire within.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

This was bugging me so I did a bit of research. My best guess is Benzoic Acid. What do you think? Any other ideas?

Keep in mind that different material solidify at different temperatures, which is also influenced by altitude above sea level. Of course the high alcohol content should have prevented this...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    So..... after reading this I naturally went to my bottle to check it - no crystals :} and since I treasure this liquid so much I (foolishly) don't wear it but on special occasions. I took off the cap and could smell the exquisite scent I remember and decide to spray a bit on me just for fun and.... it seems to have turned it's not as sweet as I remember and out of the bottle it's not that pleasant. But, the dry down is still very acceptable, more like Ambre Genghis Khan than a Sultan. I will see how it develops over a longer period of time.

Sorry to get off topic, but just had to share :} The crystals baffle me too, but as long as it still smells good, no biggie Would love to hear what SL has to say as well. good luck.

FOR SALE: VERY RARE bottle of Serge Lutens Ambre Genghis Khan... VERY limited edition. Inquire within.
    I love the sultan and would hate to see mine "turn". How long have you had yours? I have 2 bottles of M7 that are both about 10 years old and both smell great. I have never witnessed a scent turning bad, I keep mine in the dark...and apparently too cold! LOL.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

I know this is not what you are expecting to read, but I think those crystals look plain pretty.

it is most definitely not supersaturation...
    Ok, if that is not it, why else would a substance crystallize out of solution as a result of temperatures being lowered?

To me, it looks like the drop in temps caused a the solution to go beyond it's saturation threshold, resulting in the substance falling out of solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe C View Post
    This was bugging me so I did a bit of research. My best guess is Benzoic Acid. What do you think? Any other ideas?
    wooznib already id'ed it as styrax. I'd go with it, he will be a famous perfumer someday

For a solution to be supersaturated, it has to contain more solubles than possible under normal circumstances.
    Like I said, any extrait has more solubles in it than ambre sultan. It is normal for them to contain the amount of solubles in them.

You should take a picture and then sell it to Serge Lutens. Would make an excellent marketing campaign shot!

For a solution to be supersaturated, it has to contain more solubles than possible under normal circumstances.
    Like I said, any extrait has more solubles in it than ambre sultan. It is normal for them to contain the amount of solubles in them.
    Normal circumstances being room temperature... liquids are capable of dissolving more of a substance at higher temperatures. If the temp of a saturated solution is lowered, it become supersturated until the dissolved substance falls out of solution.

You still haven't given us your explanation for this phenomenon...

Oh, I must have misunderstood what's meant by supersaturation. Yes, naturally a drop in temperature would allow less solubles.

If I had an explanation I would have given it
    The most curious part for me is the lack of other sediments, and the clarity of crystals.

Thanks to all for this discussion. I am less "freaked out" about this happening now, but still am not sure if I should be happy knowing that the fragrance is really concentrated, or bothered that something happened that I never expected. A learning experience for sure. Who would have thought that at a moderately low temperature a fragrance would form crystals? Lesson learned...store fragrances at room temperature which is somewhere in the 60s or 70s. Makes me wonder if storing in a refrigerator is a good idea, and if even storing in a wine refrigerator is in fact, ideal. So many questions...
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Like others have guessed, it's just recrystallized resins.

I've said it before, fragrances should be stored like any other preserve; out of light, in a low-moisture environment, at room temperature, which is anywhere between 50-68 degrees Fahrenheit. Lower temperatures risk crystals forming, even possibly invisibly, and could alter the volatility (smellability!) of the materials used in solution. Just because they formed at the low temperature does not mean that they will dissolve again at room temperature. Many gums and resins don't liquefy again until temperatures well over 100 degrees, and that's obviously way too high for most of the other components in a fragrance! We all know what high temperatures and light do, but not many people are aware of what low temperatures do.

I love the sultan and would hate to see mine "turn". How long have you had yours? I have 2 bottles of M7 that are both about 10 years old and both smell great. I have never witnessed a scent turning bad, I keep mine in the dark...and apparently too cold! LOL.
    This was my 2nd bottle of AS and I got it a few years ago pretty cheap ($70 for a 90% full bottle) on ebay. It was a tester so I don't know how long it had been around before but it has the old logo with the building front instead of the SL logo. I kept it in my dresser for the most part but would bring it out once in awhile to smell it, not wear it much since I can't wear it at work since we don't sell it and I foolishly was saving it for special occasions... I have learned my lesson now.. Use it while you can.

It's not too bad now, a little less sweet and does not have the staying power it used to (only like 8 hours instead of 2 days) but out of the bottle is where I notice the big difference, it is not pleasant at all, but I will still use it since the dry down is still nice.

I've had a few bottles turn on me. I had a JOOP! that became cloudy and smelled rancid, but it might have been over 10 years old and I had it out before I knew how I should treat my bottles. I also had a bottle of JOOP! Rococo that I just discovered has gone bad, and that was purchased in 2002. I am going to put some more precious bottles in my fridge now and try to use them as much as I can. So I will be making room in the fridge for my Bois d'Argent, Original Vetiver and SL now.

If mine crystallized at 45-46ºƒ, I would not put any Serge Lutens in the refrigerator. Although I have read that the perfume museum in France (can't remember the name) recommends that fragrances be stored at 51ºƒ for long term. There are quite a few old threads on storage. I for one nave been tempted to get one of those wine refrigerators with digital temp control and do just that. Store at 51ºƒ.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

If mine crystallized at 45-46ºƒ, I would not put any Serge Lutens in the refrigerator. Although I have read that the perfume museum in France (can't remember the name) recommends that fragrances be stored at 51ºƒ for long term. There are quite a few old threads on storage. I for one nave been tempted to get one of those wine refrigerators with digital temp control and do just that. Store at 51ºƒ.
    That's my ultimate goal someday to have a wine fridge or the like for all my frags. I never thought keeping frags in a fridge was a good idea, but at a good temp I would love it! There should be a program to grant us loans for such things

I got an email from Serge Lutens this morning, a very short message. Here it is...

We thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear what happened with your product.

Could you please precise us where you bought your bottle?

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Sincerely,

Jessica - Serge Lutens Customer Service
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

An update:

I got the following email back from Serge Lutens yesterday...

Dear Madame ENNOR,

Please excuse us for this inconvenience on your flask, we will send you three « Ambre Sultan’ » miniatures.

Kind regards

Lydie ARNAUD

Well, they got the "madame" wrong, but I am pleased that they are doing something for me. Never any idea of what happened or a response about the crystals that formed, but customer service is good!
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

re post #55... The Osmothèque is a perfume museum and conservatory in Versailles located near ISIPCA as a repository and conservatory for the formulae of perfumes. It was founded in 1988 by Jean Kerléo (Patou fame)...

according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmoth%C3%A8que they store at around 12c/53f degrees.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

All's well that ends well.

I would love to have a bottle like yours. A collection piece.