Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Creed Millesime Imperial - Gold plated bottle vs Clear bottle

I think I am very close to buying Creed Millesime Imperial, once again after having sold my bottle almost a year ago. At that time I was totally bugged by the abysmal longevity of both Erolfa & MI and as a result I got rid of both the bottles.

Now I am missing them both. The dilemma now is should I buy the 4oz Gold plated older bottle of MI or should I buy the latest clear glass bottle?

Honestly speaking I'd love the gold plated flacon but since it's been discontinued for a while now, I'd get juice that is atleast 2-3 years old. The clear glass bottle will obviously have fresher juice.

Obviously the juice should have priority over the flacon. Sot do you guys think that in the case of MI, fresher juice is preferable over the slightly older juice?

Please help me resolve this issue
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Creed Millesime Imperial - Gold plated bottle vs Clear bottle

Go for the new bottle, mate! when I ordered mine from FragranceX a while back, part of me was hoping for the gold bottle, for reasons you described, the other part was hoping for the new, clear one. Again, for the same reasons you described. The bottle that arrived was the clear one and I couldn't be happier. It proved that FragranceX had new stock, too. Can you actually specify the old bottle when you order it?

I suppose the other issue is any fakes are likely to be the older gold bottles. Not that you'd source your stuff from any dubious suppliers! funnily enough, I have no problems with MI's longevity! Luscious, unctious, gorgeous stuff that it is!

Post Thanks / Like

Get the fresher stuff. After all - are you wearing the bottle or what's in it?

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you can sample the new juice first, I would do that.

Assuming it is satisfactory, that is what I buy. The older stuff tends to lose its sparkle on top (both my experience and that of others).

Go for the new bottle. I got mine from Neiman Marcus and the fragrance is just wonderful!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if the formulation also changed between the gold and clear bottles, similar say to how Selection Verte was reformulated from green glass flacon to clear flacon? I've heard some believe the gold juice was slightly different in a good way. Just wondering.

Martin

Post Thanks / Like

I have the gold bottle and am still enjoying it. It's holding up very well, IMO, top notes included. No idea if what's in the new clear bottle is different, for better or worse.

I think the new formulation is lighter and not as lemony, it's still fine but not as good as it used to be. It seems to me that creed is reformulating many of their scents sadly.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the clear bottle. I have owned the gold bottle at least twice. Get the new version. Fresher is always better.

Go for the clear bottle.

I have to agree with fresher is better also.....Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps fresher is better, but it's been mentioned a few times recently that the older batches were MUCH better than the current. If that's so, then I would sacrifice "freshness" and get the higher quality one ever day.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Perhaps fresher is better, but it's been mentioned a few times recently that the older batches were MUCH better than the current. If that's so, then I would sacrifice "freshness" and get the higher quality one ever day.
    Thanks everyone. I had heard the older bottles contained slightly better juice--probably because of fewer ngredient regulations. I have only whiffed/ worn the newer clear bottle version of MI and after deciding I'm not a fan of acquatics in general, I sold my bottle of MI here at BN. I inquired because I was recently gifted an unused 120ml gold MI tester in the box whose lot# indicates it was made in 2007.

Martin