Code of Conduct

Default cheap fragrances

i'm looking for a cheap fragrance that doesn't smell cheap .
    it's jsut for going to school.
    maybe some idea's?

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: cheap fragrances

Hi there!

Any clues as to what you may have tried and like already? Price-range?

Post Thanks / Like

Someone recommended Adidas Sport Field to me. It costs 6 dollars.

Click here to see more good cheapos -> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/229...frags-under-25
    Last edited by Spray; 27th January 2010 at 04:14 PM.

fragrances like under 20 bucks!!
    i didn't try anythig yet. got only designer fragrances now, but i heard that there are some pretty good cheap ones too;

I recently picked up YSL - Rive Gauche for 18.99. This would be my obvious choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Animale Animale

3.3 oz EDT Spray
    for Men

$16.99

Post Thanks / Like

Extremely likely to be found under 20 bucks and all smelling very distinguished, thus very good value for money:
    Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene, a further vote for YSL Rive Gauche, Halston Z14, Tabac Original, Quorum and Agua Brava by Antonio Puig, Caractere by Daniel Hechter, Nature by Yves Rocher, to name only of few, but in almost all of these cases extensive testing is required, since they are all very potent, yet none cheap smelling frags
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 27th January 2010 at 05:50 PM.

Pino Silvestre is incredibly cheap and a pretty good perfume. One of the best representatives of the pine note. You don't need to buy blenheim bouquet to learn about pine. Acqua di Selva is another alternative, also very cheap in some websites.

Extra Vieille by Roger Gallet is also cheap (you have to look for the right store) and is a true classic. Excellent cologne with lots of orange.

Dunhill Edition is another pretty good perfume that can be bought for a fraction of the original cost in some websites.

Check this one out. It's called Diesel Plus Plus and only $11.86 shipped from Amazon. I bought a bottle for a friend recently and liked it enough to buy myself a bottle for such a cheap price. Be sure you're buying from Amazon themselves and it should say Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. I don't know what country you're in so... There are fakes out there so be careful who you buy from.

http://tinyurl.com/yglgdeg
    Last edited by Ronin; 27th January 2010 at 05:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captcrunch View Post
    I recently picked up YSL - Rive Gauche for 18.99. This would be my obvious choice.
    IMO, it would depend on if school means middle school, high school, or college for Rive Gauche. I know it has a huge following here, and I understand it. I really do. It's a great fragrance, and cheap (so a good suggestion). I'd just recommend testing it first. I'm in my 30s and even find it a bit mature for my tastes. Young at heart I guess.

Welcome to Basenotes Linues41. My recommendation would be Cool Water. I got my large tester bottle online for about $15. Great for school.
    Last edited by Tarheel Golfer; 27th January 2010 at 05:58 PM.

Look at the YSL, Puig, and Caron houses.

i'm in college. well i live in belgium so we don't have the famous malls that you have in the us.

Check out ScentedMonkey.com for a ton of cheap fragrances and international shipping is $5.95.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thgolfer View Post
    IMO, it would depend on if school means middle school, high school, or college for Rive Gauche. I know it has a huge following here, and I understand it. I really do. It's a great fragrance, and cheap (so a good suggestion). I'd just recommend testing it first. I'm in my 30s and even find it a bit mature for my tastes. Young at heart I guess.

Welcome to Basenotes Linues41. My recommendation would be Cool Water. I got my large tester bottle online for about $15. Great for school.
    Indeed. Rive Gauche has a sort of traditional vibe to it. Typically, not many (I am not assuming you are, Linues41) younger persons are used to it, IMO. Though, true, many younger folk here on BN wear and rate it highly.
    Last edited by MFJ; 27th January 2010 at 07:14 PM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

Wallet-friendlies:-

Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene
    Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge by Jacomo
    Arpege pour Homme by Lanvin
    Vetyver by Lanvin
    Bogart pour Homme by Jacques Bogart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Two of the best values out there are Caron Yatagan and Escada Pour Homme.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Cuba gold - Smells like Le Male Can be found for under 15 bucks
    Chrome by azzaro
    Body Heat by bod man
    D&G masculine

Post Thanks / Like

Want something really unique? All natural? Like tobacco? Alt Innsbruck Cologne is only 15,90 Euros including shipping:
    http://www.66-60.com/index.php?optio...tpage&Itemid=1
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Good Life, could you describe Alt Insbruk for us? I saw that a canadian website was selling it, but I could not find reviews about it....

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to try out fragrances by;

Anthony Logistics - Spirit and Energy are the best, But all are worth a smell.
    C.O Bigelow - Blue Elixir and Red Elixir are the best if I remeber correctly
    The Body Shop - Of a Man

They make fragrances in the $20 range that can compete with most of the designers. Your millage may vary.

All are quite good quality. And are quite easy to track down at any decent mall.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Linues41 View Post
    i'm in college. well i live in belgium so we don't have the famous malls that you have in the us.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Indeed. Rive Gauche has a sort of traditional vibe to it. Typically, not many (I am not assuming you are, Linues41) younger persons are used to it, IMO. Though, true, many younger folk here on BN wear and rate it highly.
    I'd certainly give RG a test sample. If you're in college, I'm sure you could pull it off if it fits your tastes. It's a great suggestion for an inexpensive, great quality frag. I just wouldn't recommend blind buying it (what my initial post was getting at) as it is mature (traditional as Matthew calls it).

+1 for cuba gold, so worth the price and it lasts long on me, about 10 hours.

try belcam knockoffs, they sell them at walmart here in the US and i think they are pretty good for the price. the few that i have smelled arent bad. i cant say for longevity but the polo one smelled very strong, the armani code was nice but smelled a bit weak at first.

I just bought burberry for men for 15 euros. it's nice. not as good as my other bottles but it's worth the 15 euros . thx alot foor suggesting these fragrances!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Halston Z-14. You can get the stuff for practically free. A wonderful scent that never disappoints.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Want something really unique? All natural? Like tobacco? Alt Innsbruck Cologne is only 15,90 Euros including shipping:http://www.66-60.com/index.php?optio...tpage&Itemid=1
    This one has been on my to try list since you first posted about it last year. I can't get the website to appear as a store. I'm in Dusseldorf next week and would love to have a bottle shipped there. Any tips on how to order?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcuccio88 View Post
    Halston Z-14. You can get the stuff for practically free. A wonderful scent that never disappoints.
    I love this scent. I just can't wear it. Scent memory is so powerful, that it brings me back to the days of disco. For younger people who weren't around this one when it was popular though, I think you can't go wrong for the price especially.

Post Thanks / Like

You can try Versace (Baby) Blue Jeans.. or Diesel Plus Plus.. (very very good.)
    unico grande amore.

I just figured out the Alt-Innsbruck Austrian web-site. They only take wire transfers?

Ruggles, you can buy Alt Insbruck here:

https://www.fendrihan.com/

Post Thanks / Like

If Alt Insbruck is as good as Pinauds A/S-Cologne strengths its well worth trying !

Post Thanks / Like

every one mentioned great frags here, but how about... Canoe, big 4 oz bottle for under 20 bucks. A Classic

Welcome to Basenotes Linues41.....Gary

Wink Re: cheap fragrances

Once and awhile I like what a call a good cheap thrill - which entails me to go out and purchase a cheap scent that smells good under $20.00 and wearing it for a few days / weeks then disposal it properly or giving it away.

Such recommendations I have are: Animale for men, Aspen, Stetson, Grey Flannel, Bod Black & Bod 24K, Body Heat, Colors for men - to name a few...
    Last edited by scentimus; 7th February 2010 at 09:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Linues41 View Post
    But surely the outstanding beer you have makes up for the lack of shopping malls!

Back on topic, Jacques Bogart Pour Homme & One Man Show are keepers and so are Stetson, Grey Flannel, Quorum, Diesel Zero Plus, Jacomo de Jacomo (Black & Red), Halston (Z-14, Z-12 & Catalyst) to name a few.
    Last edited by manicboy; 7th February 2010 at 09:25 PM.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976