Code of Conduct

Default Ferre's Pontaccio 21 - Worth buying?

Hello there,

I've got accross a 100 ml / 3.3 Oz bottle for USD 58.00, and sice there is no tester, I am wondering if it is worth buying. You might as well look at my wardrobe and see if there is something around similar to it in terms of top/mid/basenotes that would not make it worth paying that amount of money.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Default Re: Ferre's Pontaccio 21 - Worth buying?

It's a hard one to find now days. I guess it resembles Aramis and it is quite classically structured, only it is a bit less intense than the classics. It's very nice. I was looking to buy but my source sold out before I got the order in.
    Last edited by foetidus; 28th January 2010 at 12:20 AM. Reason: typo

It is available in both EDT and EDC concentrations,but I was unable to got some info for the latter.
    The words I would pick from the reviews are:citrusy,leathery,floral and retro.This is not watered down stuff.
    I rarely grab my EDT bottle:Too 'old school' for my taste,but not too formal,so it could be worn in daily basis.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

It gets good comments in the review department. But I have the impression nobody really loves this quality fragrance. I don't get retro out of it, nor a strong resemblance to the eighties - have I lived on another planet then? To me it's a dry, very decent neo-classic. I bought it blind at half price, and I have not regretted the purchase. But then I forgot wearing it, and now I wouldn't miss it much if it wasn't there.

Has anyone seen a clip from the - excellent! - D&G Milano 2010/11 fashion show? Pontaccio is the perfect match to what the masters have in store for the next winter !
    Last edited by narcus; 28th January 2010 at 06:04 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus View Post
    It's a hard one to find now days. I guess it resembles Aramis and it is quite classically structured, only it is a bit less intense than the classics. It's very nice. I was looking to buy but my source sold out before I got the order in.
    That's my opinion of it too. I own two bottles of it.
    Renato

Thank y'all! As per your comments, it seems worth buying as your descrption fit my tastes. Will report back...

It definitely is. I love the dry rose accord in it. It's sophisticated and seductive at the same time.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Is there any scent similar of this?? I loved so much, but know is very difficult to find it... a shame... Any fan? I would know if it exists any modern variation of this "retro" fragance, or any "clon".

Thank you