Code of Conduct

Default 'New York'- Did it ever change through the years?

Hi folks,

I've recently happened upon a store that has some PdN fragrances from the first couples years of the company. The boxes are clearly older and different from the current PdN lot and they tell me that they never received a restock in 20 years. Apparently they are not a big seller where I live. I've wanted New York for awhile now but want to know if the fragrance has changed at all during the years? If it hasn't, perhaps I should just go for a newer bottle.

What do you guys think?

Default Re: 'New York'- Did it ever change through the years?

I have a bottle from 1998 and one from 2005 and they smell identical.

No noticeable change that I can detect.Just one more reason to love this house.I know a lot of reformulations are not the fault of many perfume houses because of regulation's, and restrictions,but not all are. Some are the result of cost cutting, which has never been the case with PdN. consistently put's out quality fragrances, and doesn't flood the market with junk.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

The fragrance, unlike the city, is still as fascinating as the day it was created.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 27th January 2010 at 10:58 PM.

So I take it that there would be little point in springing for a 20 year old bottle that may have degraded some through the years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsugarman View Post
    So I take it that there would be little point in springing for a 20 year old bottle that may have degraded some through the years?
    I don't think so. I'm not familiar with any reformulations of this scent. It's one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsugarman View Post
    Springing for any fragrance that old does not come without risk, and I don't care what perfumer or what house it came from. You have absolutely no idea how that bottle may have been treated
    or what it has encountered. So as alway's be aware of that old saying, buyer beware.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....