Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 64
  1. #1

    Default Applying fragrances in weird places

    I've recently started spraying the top of my head (I'm bald). Since the top of the head produces a lot of heat, I figured it would be a good place to spray. Has anybody else done this?

    I tried my groin once and I won't be doing that again. I've heard about people applying it to their inner thighs. Maybe once it starts getting warmer, I'll try that.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    The weirdest I ever did was to apply on my armpits and the back of my head.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    top of the head would be great if you are bald.... most heat comes from your head and feet

  4. #4

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Weirdest place-- In my hair to try and squeeze some sillage/longevity out of No. 19...
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Bald as well and spray a little on the top of my head.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

  6. #6
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Weirdest place for me is also hair. Since mine is at the shoulders now, I tend to get some on while spraying the neck anyways. Otherwise I stick to arms, chest, naval.
    Last edited by MFJ; 28th January 2010 at 05:45 AM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Taint on high school dates.
    No shame in my game.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    With very light colognes I've applied to my hair, to a pleasing effect, generally.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Isued to spray a little bit of the juice in my hand and then lickmy hand lightly in the hopes the juice will secrete through the pores in my mouth so that my breach smells like M7, Attar,(Amouage EDIC or Tribute) and it did not work so well, I will just leave it at that. I now realize that I had made a grave mistake.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    hair is not a weird place to spray perfume on Matt :P I have hair, so much hair. I often srpay on my hair. I think hair is one of the best place to keep your scent longervity better than other places on your body

  11. #11
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolateguy View Post
    hair is not a weird place to spray perfume on Matt :P I have hair, so much hair. I often srpay on my hair. I think hair is one of the best place to keep your scent longervity better than other places on your body
    Yes, I should do it more often!

  12. #12
    Basenotes Plus
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,628

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Back of my knees when wearing stronger fumes. I know the ladies do it, so I don't find it all that strange.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Back of my knees when wearing stronger fumes. I know the ladies do it, so I don't find it all that strange.
    You wear the perfume, but do You wear skirts too?

  14. #14
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by merry.waters View Post
    You wear the perfume, but do You wear skirts too?




    OHHHH.... Not sure about DF, but I usually wear a halter to go along with my Miss Dior. You should see me...
    Last edited by MFJ; 28th January 2010 at 08:02 AM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Hmmm...Is the crotch area strange...ooh..yes...it...hurt...bad!!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

    - Anonymous

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

  16. #16

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeoulMan View Post
    I tried my groin once and I won't be doing that again.
    You came dangerously close to qualifying for a Darwin award. No sweat though, you still made it to the 'at risk survivor' category
    Last edited by Amit; 28th January 2010 at 08:05 AM.


    PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather




  17. #17

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    I spray above my penis before sex. It doesn't hurt if you haven't shaved recently. I spray exactly where her nose will be.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    inside of thighs seems a bad idea as well

  19. #19

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    A residual soapy/clean smell after showering might be nice, but I personally feel that a scented genital area is a big turnoff.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post




    OHHHH.... Not sure about DF, but I usually wear a halter to go along with my Miss Dior. You should see me...
    Hi,

    If Mr. Diamondflame applies - as he said the ladies do - frag/ in the back of his knees, what about zillage when wearing trousers? No offense! I couldn't even think of him wearing shorts as a gentleman.

    Best Regards

    Jurgen

  21. #21

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Weirdest place so far- my hair, not just the adjoining earlobes and further pulse points of the head, but my actual hairdo- and the lasting power was truly outstanding
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 28th January 2010 at 09:51 AM.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    I spray above my penis before sex. It doesn't hurt if you haven't shaved recently. I spray exactly where her nose will be.
    Trust that it's the voice of experience when I say: don't, unless you're really sure of her tastes in fragrance.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Hair - suggested by my mom -lol!

    Armpits - my own try - the armpits being very warm...

  24. #24

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    I once applied some fragrance whilst in the Chamber of Horrors in Madame Tussauds Wax Museum.

    Is that a weird enough place?

  25. #25

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    Trust that it's the voice of experience when I say: don't, unless you're really sure of her tastes in fragrance.
    Regarding application on mons marsians (as opposed to mons veneris) I would suggest Tom Ford Black Orchid.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    i heard applying perfume to your hair will accelerate the rate at which you get WHITE hair... basically your hair will lose its color faster !

  27. #27
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by merry.waters View Post
    Hi,

    If Mr. Diamondflame applies - as he said the ladies do - frag/ in the back of his knees, what about zillage when wearing trousers? No offense! I couldn't even think of him wearing shorts as a gentleman.

    Best Regards

    Jurgen
    My earlier statement was made in jest. I didn't take too much offense.

    Back to your question, I very much reckon it is the same as applying on your arms/inner elbows and then wearing a thick shirt and/or suit/coat over. Same difference.
    Last edited by MFJ; 28th January 2010 at 12:42 PM.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    oddest place for me would be thighs and on my pants. just did it to test a theory, but it didint react to what i wanted haha

  29. #29

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    My earlier statement was made in jest. I didn't take too much offense.

    Back to your question, I very much reckon it is the same as applying on your arms/inner elbows and then wearing a thick shirt and/or suit/coat over. Same difference.
    Surely You were joking telling You would wear Miss Dior with holders on Your legs! But, let's consider a third possibility. SIR DF wears perfume in the back of his knee, like the ladies do, a skirt too, but tights additionally (assumed wintertime). Would he pay his heroic appeal with less zillage than he could have had otherwise?

    Honest, I apply frags/ to the axles. I've been told that was weired. Applying it to the popliteal fossa (back of knee) didn't work for me. Behind the ears - never ever: to much for me myself.

  30. #30
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by merry.waters View Post
    Surely You were joking telling You would wear Miss Dior with holders on Your legs! But, let's consider a third possibility. SIR DF wears perfume in the back of his knee, like the ladies do, a skirt too, but tights additionally (assumed wintertime). Would he pay his heroic appeal with less zillage than he could have had otherwise?

    Honest, I apply frags/ to the axles. I've been told that was weired. Applying it to the popliteal fossa (back of knee) didn't work for me. Behind the ears - never ever: to much for me myself.
    Maybe it is because we do NOT have winter here, that it is very possible to wear shorts often, skip tights/long johns, wear thinner clothing, that makes it easier for scents to permeate through our clothes, if they happen to cover the areas we apply on. Maybe. But I'll let DF answer for himself.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Back of my knees when wearing stronger fumes. I know the ladies do it, so I don't find it all that strange.
    Diamondflame's suggestion is not so odd at all. Women often do this, as scent rises and the back of the knees is a moist area with warmth. Result: more sillage.

    That modern men wear loose trousers is a plus (unlike in the 1830s...) because air can circulate when a man walks. The fabric moves about the body and disperses the scent. This makes sense...so to speak...

    Coco Chanel said that a woman should apply scent wherever she expected to be kissed, so I imagine the same holds for men.

    Perfume for the hair is not an odd notion, either. The hair and scalp are the warmest areas of the body. Men used perfumed hair oil in the 19th century--Macassar oil.
    Last edited by Primrose; 28th January 2010 at 02:09 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  32. #32

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Double post, my apologies...
    Last edited by Primrose; 28th January 2010 at 02:17 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  33. #33
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Primrose, can I borrow the chest toupé? You promised.

  34. #34

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    One theory about why humans have body hair where we do is to disperse our own natural scent - so it makes sense to apply perfume to it. I don't spray my head, but I do put a shot on the back of my neck right at the hairline. Got to admit, one spritz goes to the nether region as well - on the hair, naturally.


  35. #35

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Taint on high school dates. No shame in my game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    I spray above my penis before sex. It doesn't hurt if you haven't shaved recently. I spray exactly where her nose will be.
    Smooth, Playa!
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, Lavender Palm, etc...



    Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

  36. #36

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Good pic Master Classter.

    Looks like Tom Ford with no hair. Proof that you shouldn't spray frags on your head, perhaps?

  37. #37

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    i spray on my pits, has a more even scent distribution throughout the day somehow..i dont find that weird.

  38. #38
    Basenotes Plus
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,628

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Thank you Matt and Primrose for clarifying the issue. And that halter top? LOL, that's classic... I could probably rock a tartan kilt though.

    merry.waters, I included the word 'stronger fumes' in my original post. Thought that was self-explanatory. I find the back of the knee technique useful as a means to tone down the sillage as I never wish to be the sort who leaves a room reeking of his perfume. I don't need to mark my territories the way many animals do... But you do have a point concerning winter wear. Too bad it's just too warm here to be wearing thermal tights... Btw where exactly are the 'axles'? I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with the term.

    Chanel may be right about applying perfume on areas a woman expects to be kissed. But what happens when the woman expects to be 'licked'? Smelling good is not the same as tasting good.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 28th January 2010 at 08:02 PM.

  39. #39
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Thank you Matt and Primrose for clarifying the issue. And that halter top? LOL, that's classic... I could probably rock a tartan kilt though.

    merry.waters, I included the word 'stronger fumes' in my original post. Thought that was self-explanatory. I find the back of the knee technique useful as a means to tone down the sillage as I never wish to be the sort who leaves a room reeking of his perfume. I don't need to mark my territories the way many animals do... But you do have a point concerning winter wear. Too bad it's just too warm here to be wearing thermal tights... Btw where exactly are the 'axles'? I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with the term.

    Chanel may be right about applying perfume on areas a woman expects to be kissed. But what happens when the woman expects to be 'licked'? Smelling good is not the same as tasting good.
    LOL.

    Indeed: Smelling good is not the same as tasting good. Very good point as well, DF.
    Last edited by MFJ; 28th January 2010 at 08:23 PM.

  40. #40

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Taint on high school dates.
    No shame in my game.
    HA! LOL. You made me just spit up my drink.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

  41. #41

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    About spraying on your hair. Isn't the scalp too sensitive to be spraying fragrance onto? I know I have very sensitive skin, and my hair is probably too short to stop the fragrance from getting to the hair.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

  42. #42
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    About spraying on your hair. Isn't the scalp too sensitive to be spraying fragrance onto? I know I have very sensitive skin, and my hair is probably too short to stop the fragrance from getting to the hair.
    I was wondering that... People who have drier/more sensitive scalps tend to develop dandruff/irritation easily when hair products are a little too harsh. I was wondering if the alcohol (plus chemicals) in frags would aggravate these conditions. Anyone knows?
    Last edited by MFJ; 28th January 2010 at 08:58 PM.

  43. #43

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    I shave in the shower, apply an aftershave gel, then top it with a moisture-rich unscented cream. I wait until my skin has absorbed the cream, then apply the EDT. It burns a little, but nothing too bad.

    When I had hair, I used to get dandruff like crazy and my scalp tends to dry out if I don't put anything on it after a shower, but ever since I started moisturizing it, I don't have any more problems with that.

  44. #44
    N_Tesla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Center of the Universe; California.
    Posts
    4,599
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Women have applied fragrance to their hair for eons. Suspended on the hair heat from the scalp wafts up through the fragrance. It is a logical use of thermal dynamics.

  45. #45

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    i've heard that using perfume on hair can cause the hair to dry and frizz up, so i guess unless you're using good quality shampoo and conditioner its gonna be a percursor for a bad hair day.

    i tried it a few times and...yeah...bad and sticky hair or maybe it works best with EDPs?

  46. #46

    Cool Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Smooth, Playa!
    He looks like he has 10 sprays of Kouros to the balls.

    I'm a little more sophisticated than that


  47. #47

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Women have applied fragrance to their hair for eons. Suspended on the hair heat from the scalp wafts up through the fragrance. It is a logical use of thermal dynamics.
    Tom Ford has hair perfume and I wonder just how much alcohol is in it...

    I expect a man to spray scent on his man-cleavage...which is preferably covered with hair! LOL!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  48. #48
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    18,297
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Occasionally when going to places crowded with people, several sprays on the ankles only with a strong sillager such as Kouros, Tea For Two or The Dreamer. Then when I am walking around it is fun to watch folks sniff it but try as they may they cannot locate the source.
    Last edited by kbe; 29th January 2010 at 03:23 AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

  49. #49

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Occasionally when going to places crowded with people, several sprays on the ankles only with a strong sillager such as Kouros, Tea For Two or The Dreamer. Then when I am walking around it is fun to watch folks sniff it but try as they may they cannot locate the source.
    I think the ankles are great for scents with a lot of sillage - I can appreciate them more with a little distance. Angel is a prime example of this, and so is Aromatics Elixir.

  50. #50

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post

    merry.waters, I included the word 'stronger fumes' in my original post. Thought that was self-explanatory. I find the back of the knee technique useful as a means to tone down the sillage as I never wish to be the sort who leaves a room reeking of his perfume. I don't need to mark my territories the way many animals do... But you do have a point concerning winter wear. Too bad it's just too warm here to be wearing thermal tights... Btw where exactly are the 'axles'? I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with the term.
    axles: my dictionary says, it was the area under the arm next to the torso, isn't it? btw: meaning of the hairs there is to prevent from rubbing the moist skin on itself.

    thermal tights: wool is to be known to absorb bad smells. Shouldn't we expect it to absorb good ones too?

    trousers: as long as they are not soaked with frag/ the path of odor leaving the leg will be paralled to the air pumped outside by moving the fabric. That is downright to Your feet.

    So, weird, without question!

  51. #51

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Why do you capitalize "Your" when it isn't the first word of the sentence?

  52. #52

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Weirdest place for me is also hair. Since mine is at the shoulders now, I tend to get some on while spraying the neck anyways. Otherwise I stick to arms, chest, naval.
    I love it when men have the right kind of hair to wear theirs shoulder-long. I love the portrait of young Serge L, too. I should have been born 500 years earlier !
    Last edited by narcus; 18th February 2010 at 12:08 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

  53. #53

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    • Skin absorbs fragrance, hair either doesn't, or less so.


    • Body temperature and chemistry is often blamed for changing
      the character of a perfume. That can work to your advantage
      or disadvantage. Clean hair is rather neutral in this respect.
    • These things speak against bare skulls but I shave mine anyway...
    Last edited by narcus; 1st February 2010 at 10:11 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

  54. #54

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    I have on occasions placed my finger in my ear and then sprayed the surrounding area. Combing through a small amount through the hair on my head also adds a little variety.

  55. #55
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    I love it when men have the right kind of hair to wear theirs shoulder-long. I love the portrait of young Serge L, too. I should have been born 500 years earlier !
    *Frames up comment, and hangs on wall*

    Now off to google for that young portrait of Mr Lutens that speak of.

    PS. I shaved bald at 2 points (8 consecutive months once, and about 2 months the other) of my relatively short life so far. *Off topic but really wanted to say*
    Last edited by MFJ; 1st February 2010 at 03:46 PM.

  56. #56
    iqi8h8j74qfeelocowmanqqro
    Guest

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    ...in weird places? In the kitchen i guess...

    But seriously, back of the head - always...(yes, i am bald), but i don't think it's a weird place.

  57. #57

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    ive seen one girl showing on YT place where to spray and one of places was ankle pretty wierd
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

  58. #58

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    How did I miss this when it first came up: Is that cool guy really you, Spray?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    ...He looks like he has 10 sprays of Kouros to the balls. I'm a little more sophisticated than that


    Last edited by narcus; 18th February 2010 at 12:19 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

  59. #59

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places

    Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    How did I miss this when it first came up: Is that cool guy really you, Spray?
    I'm hoping that along with my smelling capabilities, being sick hasn't broken my sarcas-o-meter, but that guy is Kanye West, a douchebag American rapper.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

  60. #60

    Default Re: Applying fragrances in weird places





    Oh the fool I am ! Not good in anything, French perfume - maybe - excepted.
    And I know a few who wouldn't even want to leave me that last straw...
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Similar Threads

  1. Fragrances in unusual places?
    By ibarney5 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19th February 2009, 04:10 PM
  2. Applying Fragrances to Clothing
    By Scentual in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 19th March 2006, 02:03 AM
  3. Online places for Fragrances
    By blah114 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd December 2005, 02:52 PM
  4. Applying Fragrances to Clothing
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000