Code of Conduct

Default Creed Royal English Leather.

I haven`t tested it. What do you think of this one? Are there someting similar out there? Do you think it`s a better fragrance than Baie de Genievre?

Default Re: Creed Royal English Leather.

A suave, sophisticated oriental leather. No birchtar or harshness in this one. Must-own IMO. Certainly on par with BdG.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Very nice, high quality, rich, mature fragrance. Smooth buttery leather like the seats in a Rolls or a pricey men's leather jacket.

Didn't know it had no birch tar, but it's not harsh and biting or quasi kinky like Knize 10. More creamy and refined.

Sample it.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 29th January 2010 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Very nice, high quality, rich, mature fragrance. Smooth buttery leather like the seats in a Rolls or a pricey men's leather jacket.

Didn't know it had no birch tar, but it's not harsh and biting or quasi kinky like Knize 10. More creamy and refined.

Sample it.
    where can i sample? Luckyscent does not carry it.

there is a genre of scents that creed does which is just so amazing and underrated. and RL, like BdG is one of them. you may also want ot try CO, RD et al..
    Last edited by jenson; 29th January 2010 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    where can i sample? Luckyscent does not carry it.
    Boy, I don't know. Do any reatilers in Oslo sell Creed?

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Boy, I don't know. Do any reatilers in Oslo sell Creed?
    Yeh. There is one store that sell creed, but only the Millesimes..

Agreed. Royal English Leather is sublime -- the leather note in it is like no other. Instead of a black leather jacket, you get a tan horse's saddle. It's got an indescrible smooth texture and amazing longevity. Truly a gentlemen's scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I haven`t tested it. What do you think of this one? Are there someting similar out there? Do you think it`s a better fragrance than Baie de Genievre?
    I can't help but note that this thread, three or four days old, treats exactly this question and was further, fortunately also asked by a member named Oslo-Fjord:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/243...ie-de-Genievre
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Very linear, yet classy leather, in fact, although an extremely conservative scent, very puristic too: citrus opening, leathery drydown, without many additional notes.

I've heard it's a more suede version of Knize Ten and eliminated of a few sweet notes in comparison to Knize.

It's definitely being recommended as a true leather!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Personally I thought it smelled horrible. Seriously who wants urinal cakes on their body? I seriously don't get the fascination with this house. Maybe my taste will change, but I doubt it will change enough to make me think the 200$ bottle of piss is worth it.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    Personally I thought it smelled horrible. Seriously who wants urinal cakes on their body? I seriously don't get the fascination with this house. Maybe my taste will change, but I doubt it will change enough to make me think the 200$ bottle of piss is worth it.
    Royal English Leather does not smell like any urinal cakes I have encountered.

Orange Spice, YES.
    REL, NO.

Royal English Leather is one of my favorite Creeds. I do pick up what I consider to be a smooth birch tar note in REL. 1776 Russian Leather by Elsha is a very similar fragrance and is available for a pittance.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Gorgeous, clean, smooth leather. I wasn't expecting this to be that good. Fraid I'm going to have to spring for a bottle. It's a class act. Linear indeed, but it's a very fine line. Doubt you'll be disappointed.

I`m most concerned over about the sillage and staying-power. I like it loud !
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 30th January 2010 at 08:29 PM.

REL is borderline loud. Knize 10 is LOUD.