Code of Conduct

Default Tiaré in fragrances... :)

I discovered yesterday my beloved YR Monoi de Tahiti had gone bad: it smelled like rancid plastic, so I'm really hesitant about getting it *again*. So I would love a new tiaré scent. I thought about AG Songes. Your thoughts?

Default Re: Tiaré in fragrances... :)

I bought Songes on a whim but it didn't sit well on my dry skin. There was a burning rubber note which just spoiled the scent for me. Songes seems to be one of those love it or hate it perfumes from what I have read. Definitely recommend a few testings before you buy. Ormonde Jayne have a Tiare fragrance which I'd love to try some time.

I've been researching tiare too, along with other tropical florals. The Ormonde Jayne Tiare that chaelaran suggested is one that keeps coming up, so you should definitely give that a try. I have an order of samples arriving soon that will include Montale's Intense Tiare and Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Tiare Mimosa. There was another one that I didn't get but it sounds nice - Tiare Coconut by Lucy B (I'm getting Lucy B. Pink Frangipani this time, then I thought I'd go back for the tiare one if I liked it....you have to stop putting things in your basket at some point, you know?) Anyway, I'll report back here as soon as I get my smellbuds on them.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 3rd February 2010 at 09:58 PM.

In the meanwhile, I ordered Montale's Intense Tiaré... Yes... FB...

Will report!

Evangeline, it seems you and me are always on the same vibe (scent wise)...

Wow - did you purchase that FB unsniffed? It does sound like the sort of thing you like so I'm sure it will be a happy encounter!

We do seem to gravitate towards the same scents at the same time, don't we? I'm always inspired to seek out new or unfamiliar notes by the discussion here, so I'd imagine we're being influenced by the same threads and ideas, being that we seem to have similar tastes. (I've been avoiding Tom Ford's line, but thanks to your powers of persuasion, I think it's just a matter of time before I break down and sample Black Orchid.)

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Wow - did you purchase that FB unsniffed? It does sound like the sort of thing you like so I'm sure it will be a happy encounter!

We do seem to gravitate towards the same scents at the same time, don't we? I'm always inspired to seek out new or unfamiliar notes by the discussion here, so I'd imagine we're being influenced by the same threads and ideas, being that we seem to have similar tastes. (I've been avoiding Tom Ford's line, but thanks to your powers of persuasion, I think it's just a matter of time before I break down and sample Black Orchid.)
    Yes, FB!!! I know I'm gonna love it... Tiaré + Intense = my thing... lol

If you need a sample of Black Orchid, just let me know and I'll send you one!!! No problem at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    Yes, FB!!! I know I'm gonna love it... Tiaré + Intense = my thing... lol

If you need a sample of Black Orchid, just let me know and I'll send you one!!! No problem at all...
    That's very thoughtful and generous of you to offer - thank you! But I'm afraid I must resist. I've actually had several opportunities to sample it but I've somehow managed to avoid it so far. There are a few lines that I've been intrigued and tempted by, but at the same time I'm more repelled by the way they're marketed - this is one of them. I'm not trying to be controversial - it's really not a big deal - but if I can find even a trivial reason to not buy something I try to cling to it.

But you'll be the first to know if I cave in!