Code of Conduct

Default Most worn in January?

Since I know what I'm going to wear tomorrow, my first stats for this year are ready. They look like this, what about yours?

6 Fourreau Noir
    5 Encens et Lavande
    3 Douro, Rosa Flamenca, Rose d’Amour, Rose Kashmirie, Sa Majeste la Rose, Twill Rose
    2 New York, Poussière de Rose, Rose d’Homme, Rose Praline, Un Zest de Rose

Though the usual "after Saturday sauna lavenders" reigned supreme once again, this was also a big rose and Rosine month for me. At the end of the month I revisited great citrusy colognes: Nicolaï New York and Penhaligon's Douro.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Most worn in January?

Hi all,
    for once, I've been thorough in keeping stats.

My January looks like this:

4 Coco Mademoiselle
    3 Hanae Mori Magical Moon, Fragonard Baroque, Bal a Versailles, Dzongka, Cuir de Lancome
    2 DK Gold, Sira des Indes, Lolita Lempicka, Galimar, Gucci by Gucci
    Once each for Youth Dew, Safran Troublant, Lush Karma, My Queen, Maxim's, Niki de Saint Phalle & Galimard's Soir de Grasse.

I've been craving warm, cozy scents. I'm a bit surprised to find that I used Mademoiselle the most, perhaps it's subconscious of me since I had quite a few positive reactions to it. My male friend couldn't take his nose from my neck all evening when I wore it to a party a few weeks ago.

Anyway, it's been great fun keeping stats and I'll definitely keep it up. As for tomorrow, included in today's summary, I'll have to go one more day with my beloved Cuir de Lancome.

3x Ava Luxe No 23, Aomassai
    2x Eau Lente, Tam Dao, Annayaké Miyako, Shaal Nur, Dark Amber & Ginger Lily, Jour de Fête, Safran Troublant, Jabu, Reminiscence Musc

Loadsa twosies this time 'round.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Basenotes Plus

Not usual for me to have repeats but I did this month:
    Robert Piguet Visa - 3x
    Guerlain Bois d'Armenie - 2x

I stuck mostly to my usual ambers/vanillas/gourmands, although I had a couple of days where I craved iris (Hermes Hiris) and violets (Violetta di Parma). It may seem counterintuitive but I find myself drawn to iris and violet scents not just in the spring, but in bitter cold weather too.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

haha! Rive Gauche was exerted to a peak in Jan! jeez, If perfume bottles couldn't sweat..they do now!

Was loving it!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

I don't keep a running record, but I know I wear No 5 Eau Premiere more than anything else these days. It's become my go-to fragrance.

I'm using Odin Owari most at the moment. It's probably because it's new and I'll get back to using my others sooner or later.

A quick look back over the month confirms what I suspected...

No repeats except for -
    5 x Clinique's Aromatics Elixir
    4 x L'Instant de Guerlain

I like being serially monogamous and I try to do it more often, but the allure of something else is always so strong! Settling down with one for a week (at least) at a time can be very enlightening and rewarding.

I actually made a list of every perfume I wore during the entire month of January!!!! Yaaaaaay!!! I have official stats for yáll:

Ubar
    Dia
    Shalimar EDP x 6
    Diorella
    Gardenia EDT x 8 + parfum
    Caron Rose parfum
    Diorling EDT
    AdP Profumo vintage x 2
    Chammare
    Youth Dew Amber Nude x 2
    Carnation
    Egoiste x 3
    Orris Noir parfum
    JdB EDT vintage
    West Side
    SAKS for Her
    Beyond Love
    Fracas parfum
    Eau Noire
    Habit Rouge EDT vintage and Léxtrait
    Joy EDT vintage

Those were my actual SOTD's and SOTE's. I also wore about thirty+ samples during the house to test to see if I like or love. Yes...January has been a very perfume month Let's hope February is even busier!!!
    Last edited by scent; 30th January 2010 at 07:19 PM.

Tigrushka, I noticed that you were into the Rosines this month. I've been neglecting mine!

Multiple wears for me this month:

• Havana Vanille – 3
    • Shaal Nur – 3
    • Bois d'Iris – 2
    • Jabu – 2
    • Chamade – 2
    • Narcisse Noir – 2
    • Narcisse Blanc – 2

Two observations this month:

• Shaal Nur and Bois d'Iris have truly become enduring favorites for me.
    • Florals are useful for getting through the winter!
    Last edited by Haunani; 31st January 2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Changed my mind for the 30th & 31st!

Lots of multiple wearings for Mitsouko edp, L'Heure Bleue edp, vintage Shalimar edc, vintage Vol de Nuit edc, Bal a Versailles edt, Coco edp, No. 19 edp, M7, Gucci PH, and Yatagan. January has been all about Guerlain, orientals, and woods.

But how could I have forgotten my favorite and probably most worn of the winter, Patou's Sublime edp!
    Last edited by Antaeusintheair; 31st January 2010 at 04:13 AM.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

I've started keeping a spreadsheet so that I can gain a better understanding of what I actually wear

January's Most Worn -

Agent Provocateur Maitresse x 2
    Jo Malone Lime, Basil & Mandarin x 2
    L'Occitane Verbena x2
    Thierry Mulger Eau De Star x2

Nothing got worn more thann twice!
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Tigrushka, I noticed that you were into the Rosines this month. I've been neglecting mine!
    It almost always happens that when I wear one of my Rosines, I must soon after wear all the others, too...

I agree with you about Florals helping to get through the winter, roses are especially good for this. This January has been the coldest (and snowiest) in Finland for decades.

Thanks again for sharing your stats!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 31st January 2010 at 09:18 AM.

How do you guys keep your stats? I wanna play too, but I have no idea where to begin with...

I simply write each day my SotD to my calendar and then move the info to a Word document and do some counting.

But I'm sure Excel would be great for this purpose if I only could use it...

I've had a lot of single wearings this month,but do have some repeats.

3x: Trouble

2x: Pure Poison
    Prada Infusion d'iris
    Coco edp
    Musc Ravageur
    Mystere

Looks like I've worn big orientals this month

Total of 37 types of scent worn in Jan 2010.
    2 x Beyond Love
    2 x Dia
    The rest are all single application.
    House of the month: Amouage
    A bit of everything this month, but probably skewed towards something grand and heavy.

I will report after today, but I am happy to say that this year, I created a very useful Excel spreadsheet with a counting column for each month and auto filters so I can sort by either the fragrance name or the count. I'll have real stats this time!

I use an Excel spreadsheet and data sort for counting. If I can do it, anybody can.

My stats...

9x Versace edp (gift)
    5x l'Eau Ambrée by Prada (gift)
    3x Rumeur by Lanvin (gift)
    3x No. 5 Eau Première (gift)
    3x YSL Parisienne (gift)
    2x DK Cashmere Mist
    2x Pure White Linen by Estee Lauder (two fbs, one a gift)
    2x Vera Wang Princess (gift decant)

I vacillate between thinking that tracking my fragrance wearings in Excel is too OCD, and thinking that it's really useful in teaching me about my own preferences and helping me pare down my wardrobe. According to this month's stats, others know better what pleases than I do myself!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 31st January 2010 at 03:20 PM.

Stats for Jan. :

4X Blu Notte, Cuir de Lancome, Dior Homme, Douce Amere,
    2X Ambre Russe, Bois de Paradis, Coromandel, Feminite du Bois, Lolita Lempicka, NR for Her, Premier Figuier Extreme, Roma, Shalimar, Terracotta Viole d'Ete
    1X Havana Vanille, Amaranthine, Balmain de Balmain, Black Cashmere, CDG White, Dzongkha, Fleur d'Iris, Frapin 1270, Brin de Reglisse, Osmanthe Yunnan, Vetiver Tonka, Hiris, Iris Nobile, Magnolia Nobile, Nuit de Noel, Paestum Rose, Salvatore Ferragamo, Terre d'Hermes, Theorema Esprit d"Ete, Un Jardin en Mediterranee, Vanille-Tonka

This month I was more surprised by what I did not wear much than what I did. Some of my winter staples were left out in the cold in favor of some spring favs. Wishful thinking I guess.

I'll check in with particulars tomorrow, as my spreadsheet doc is on my work computer. I was a GOOD girl this month, though. Insufferably proud of myself, I might add....
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Thank you again, Tigs , for carrying the torch. I finally set up a spreadsheet (in NeoOffice since I'm on a Mac), and it's wonderful (click on little pic to see larger version). Takes no time at all to maintain. The blue items are my regular wardrobe, the lines below are from my stock decants or new items whose origins I can note. I can track, too, which day of the week I might tend to wear a fragrance and which one I wore for SnS Saturday.

So, with confidence I can declare I wore VIP Room (4x) and Henry Dubay Sabi (3x) most often.

1528798.JPG
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I finally started to keep track daily:

7 Nuit de Cellophane
    5 Cologne du 68
    3 Insolence edt, Chanel No. 19 edp
    2 L'Instant Magic, CSP Amour de Cacao, JM Orange Blossom
    1 Light Blue, Cristalle edt, Cruel Gardenia, Shalimar edp, Tom Ford Musk Pure
    2 scentless days (when I was feeling very down and out of sorts)

It's so interesting to see the real stats. If I were to estimate from memory, I'm pretty sure I would have been wrong. I'm surprised I wore L'Instant Magic only twice, and I had completely forgotten I wore Cologne du 68 that many times. It's easy to forget all the different moods I go through from day to day.

I was smitten with Nuit de Cellophane, which I purchased in December and opened this month. But I may try to save this more for the warmer months so that my other fragrances that don't do well in warm weather get more attention now.

I just use a good old-fashioned compositions book. I write various musings in there, too.

So anyway....

No. 22 x7
    Bal a Versailles x6
    Tabu x4
    Imari x4
    Maja x4

I loved me some warm animalics this month, and am currently on a 22 streak. Have I mentioned how much I heart No. 22 lately?

Basenotes Institution

As usual , I have not kept count but I can safely say
    Mitsouko
    Joy
    Shalimar
    Gucci by Gucci
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I'm off topic here, but I just have to tell MysticKnot how much I love her new signature. Very wise!

6x Dior Homme
    5x Guerlain L'Heure Bleue extrait, Vol de Nuit extrait
    3x Chanel Bois des Iles parfum, Chanel No.19 (various concentrations)
    2x Divine L'Homme Sage, Guerlain Mitsouko extrait, Shalimar extrait, Helmut Lang parfum, PdE Ambre Russe, SL Borneo 1834, Mona di Orio Chamarre, L'Artisan Dzing!

House of the Month = Guerlain, 17 wears

Blog Entries

14x Believe by Britney Spears
    7x Funny! by Moschino
    5x L'eau par Kenzo
    4x Burberry Weekend

I haven't been keeping stats, but I know that the three I've worn most often are:

- Black Cashmere
    - Une Rose
    - JM White Jasmine and Mint

Everything else got a max of one or two wearings.
    Last edited by BlackCat; 1st February 2010 at 05:21 AM.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

I'm only listing scents with multiple wears, since I usually do an average of 3 per day:

2 wears each:

Aedes de Venustas
    Back to Black (my current love)
    Givenchy III
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur (what a gorgeous leather!)
    Paestum Rose
    Jo Malone Lime Basil and Mandarin
    Futur
    Romea d'Ameor Les Maitresses de Louis XIV

What I have noticed about keeping track is that I tend to try to spread out #wears to give more frags a chance! I suppose that I'm trying to use them more equally?? or maybe just attempting to give equal love to all my perfume babies....

That sounds so weird
    Last edited by Lessa; 1st February 2010 at 01:44 PM.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

My most worn is Tabarome (1999) by Creed.
    9x.....Gary

happy is the bleu heart<3

I wore my Christmas present, Success Is A Job In NY FOUR times this month! That is highly unusual for me since I normally have very few repeats. I can't even begin to think of the last time I wore something more than twice. What can I say? I love it!

Another oddity is the amount of scentless days, four also. I blame it on feeling sickly a lot last month.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I wore my Christmas present, Success Is A Job In NY FOUR times this month! That is highly unusual for me since I normally have very few repeats. I can't even begin to think of the last time I wore something more than twice. What can I say? I love it!

Another oddity is the amount of scentless days, four also. I blame it on feeling sickly a lot last month.
    I loved smelling that! It's going on my wish list.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    What about it is satisfying you so well, Shades? Have to say, in this economy, am more attracted to the words “success” and “job” than ones like “romance” and “beautiful.”
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

happy is the bleu heart<3

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    What about it is satisfying you so well, Shades? Have to say, in this economy, am more attracted to the words “success” and “job” than ones like “romance” and “beautiful.”
    It's the sweet smell of success, Quarry! It's a rich and satisfying oriental gourmand. It feels cuddly, yet it's complex enough to keep me interested all day as notes weave in and out.

The floral notes are just perfectly blended for my skin (and I'm usually not a big floral fan!). Maybe it's the plum that makes it perfect for me??? The tuberose and plum combine with the basenotes of amber, vanilla, and patchouli to become so velvet-like. I just can't quit smelling myself each and every time I wear it.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Here's my stats (by number of applications):

7x L'eau Par Kenzo (Bottle)
    6x Bvlgari Aqva (Bottle)
    6x L'eau d'Issey (Decant)
    4x Gendarme (Bottle)
    3x Ineke Derring-Do (Decant)
    2x 212 Men (In Store Tester)
    2x Antidote (Decant)
    2x Green Irish Tweed (Decant)
    2x Versace Pour Homme (Bottle)
    1x Cool Water (Bottle)
    1x Gucci Envy (Decant)
    1x Himalaya (Decant)
    1x Mugler Cologne (Decant)
    1x Rive Gauche (Decant)
    1x Solo Loewe (Decant)
    1x Paco XS (Decant)

Great to see new nerds and nerdettes join in! Thanks again for sharing your stats.

My stats for January:

6x- Iris Poudre
    4x- Roses et Chocolat
    3x- No. 19
    2x- Jubilation 25, Vol de Nuit, Attrape-Coeur, Shalimar, Parfum Sacre
    1x- Chergui, Hong Kong Garden, Fille d'Eve, Ambre Antique, AG Neroli, Chocolate Amber, No. 5, Kinmokusei
    Last edited by Caron33; 4th February 2010 at 02:17 PM.