Code of Conduct

Thread: Can't decide

Default Can't decide

Hey guys,

Some background info:
    I am a 19 year old male, currently living in the Netherlands. My current EDT's are : Dior Homme, Boss Bottled and Polo doubleblack.

I've been lurking on this forum for quite a while now, I think I need some help. I'm looking for a cologne with a citrussy opening and a mild drydown. I've composed the following list :

Chanel- Allure Homme
    Chanel- Allure Homme Edition Blanche
    Aqua di Parma- Colonia
    Lancôme- Hypnose homme
    Hermès-Terre d'Hermès

I know some of these don't fit the description, but I would still like your opinions. I'm leaning toward AHEB, mostly because it starts with lemon and ends on a sweet note of vanilla and it's a concentree, so longevity won't be an issue. On #2 I have both Chanel AH and AdP Colonia. The problem with AdP colonia is it's longevity.I'm a student, so I won't have time to respray every 4-5 hours. If you guys have any better suggestions, I'm all ears!

Thanks guys !

Ray
    Last edited by Ray; 30th January 2010 at 09:43 AM.

Default Re: Can't decide

My suggestion would be: either one of the two Allures (although the first one, not AHEB, might be a bit too strong and have too little citrus) or TDH, because ADP, while it fits perfectly to your description, it may have quite limited longevity.

Another solution would be- although citrus notes are minimal here, yet the dry-down is tastefully vanillic: Fahrenheit 32 by Dior

Well for your selection that is enlisted on your post I vote Hermes Terre'd D'Hermes, Via the fact that it's accord of orange and lavender is so smoothly transmitted! they concoct together a perfectly applicable scent that is worth a spot in heaven

And my other suggestion is:

Though if you want an amazing fragrance I suggest French Lover By Frederic Malle, Well...by forgiving the price tag it really is a lofty scent! Enigmatic of soft chypres and a beautifully lucid drydown. It's indeed mild and barely even comes close to being categorized as "Harsh" If you can, I'd go on some websites and order a sample vial..Ie; 1ml or 2ml, Heres a link that surely sells some samples.

www.theperfumedcourt.com

Oh and on this website you can buy the whole bottle if you like!

http://www.meccacosmetica.com.au/sho...renchLoverEDP/

It's $145.00 for a 50ml bottle

Good Luck!

- Balava
    Last edited by Balavassassin; 30th January 2010 at 10:03 AM.
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Pretty sure Mecca dont ship to the Netherlands Balva & there would be much cheaper options to get it there. Out of those I would go Allure Homme edition Blanche - sharp citrus top with a mild sandalwood / creamy base. I smelt his on my boss, had no idea what it was and found it by chance - its now one of my favorites!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Oh, okay. Thanks anthony!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

There is no better citrus opening than Bowling Green by Geoffrey Beene (IMHO). This is a fairly complex fragrance, and I have always gotten numerous compliments from this one. The longevity is 12+ hours, and I give it my highest recommendation. I am in my early 50s, but I am not locked in time warp....this one would work wonders for you. It is discontinued, but you will have no problems acquiring it (if you act soon, since you never know when supplies will be exhausted). If I were your age now, this would be my # 1 choice! Also, another wonderful citrus opening is Capucci pour Homme by Roberto Capucci. This one has great longevity, however, it is a citrus dominated fragrance from initial spray through dry down. It is, however, a definite prospect for you. Welcome to Basenotes, by the way!

If you can bare a scent without a citrus opening I would recommend Chergui by Serge Lutens. It has similar nuances to Dior Homme and its an extremely smooth scent that you definitely won't need to reply every so often. Also another worthy contender for a smooth drydown is Sandalwood Cologne by Geo. F Trumper.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

My vote is for George F Trumper Portugal. Inexpensive, great citrus opening, lasts a decent amount of time.

Versace Man Eau Fraîche and Dior Homme Sport (or Dior Homme Cologne). Ciao

Thanks for all the replies guys ! I'll be heading over to Douglas this afternoon to make my final decision. Probably going to go with AHEB though, I'll be sure to try out your suggestions.

P.S : Now that I think about it, AdP Colonia is very tempting. Is it's longevity really that bad ?
    Last edited by Ray; 30th January 2010 at 01:23 PM.

go with Edition Blanche, a real quality frag

From your list, I'd go with Edition Blanche but when you're at Douglas, you might give Allure Homme Sport a try.
    It's more common, but I prefer it over EB.

O.k. guys , I'm back ! I went with Edition Blanche, really excited ! I sprayed about an hour ago, the lemony scent is slowly fading into that warm vanilla/sandalwood drydown (awesome).

How many sprays should I wear with this one ?
    Last edited by Ray; 30th January 2010 at 03:10 PM.

Good choice I'd go with 2 sprays on the chest, one on the neck.
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 30th January 2010 at 03:17 PM.

Its most important to test them and select the one that fits the idea of what you want to smell like. There is no right answer to this question. It is a matter of personal choice and personal style and image. Chanel Allure Homme Blanche is a nice one especially in warmer weather. YSL Live Jazz is a good one too. But you have to try them out to see if they fit you.

for me.. Chanel- Allure Homme Edition Blanche
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa is the best for me
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Not on your list, but be sure to try Roger Gallet Extra Vielle. Gone in about a half-hour, but that's a part of the charm. You can liberally reapply. Also very fond of Creed Neroli Sauvauge. Pricey, but worth it. Like most citrus frags, doesn't last very long. But dang, that first half-hour or so is really a knockout.