Code of Conduct

Default Something Mystical About The Serge Lutens House!

Well, to put it this way...I feel so captivated by it's vicariously abided attention. I feel as if
    I could even look at the darn cologne package box for hours let alone to apply the freeking' perfume!..there is something enigmatic about the Serge Lutens house.

I am quite skeptical to believe in ecclesiastical purposes and thus making it irrelevant for me to be appealed this way...though I do wonder, is it so that Serge Lutens puts so much fervor within his art that maybe a remnant of passion is captured within his notes...Not in a [Sic] nature though indeed metaphorically.

With this, I am willing to believe,

I feel a magical force with his works...All the names of his frags are intentionally Didactic..so he insinuates the most abstruse thought into all of them.

Does anyone Else claim these sort of sibylline feelings once presented amongst a
    Serge Lutens bottle?

It's amazing!

- Balava

An Esoteric Being Deserves A House Conscience Of His Own Inner Soul
    Last edited by Balavassassin; 30th January 2010 at 12:08 PM.
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Default Re: Something Mystical About The Serge Lutens House!

Over the years, SL has evoked those exact feelings among many of us. But, really, it is about the juice. The juice. I love and would never be without MKK, Chergui, Fumerie Turque, Bois de Violette. The last time that I was in Paris, I found the experience of going to the mothership disappointing and disillusioning. It is poorly lighted and decorated in sleek black. The SAs are indifferent to rude.
    You want a religious, transporting experience? Visit the Guerlain shop on the Champs Elysses. The crystal, the light, the kindness, the staircase to heaven. Oh my.

Basenotes Institution

You should read this article that Ruggles posted a couple of months ago, on the mens board (scroll to post #4 and there is a link to the full online article with pics of Serge and his home - takes a while to load...): http://www.basenotes.net/threads/237...-of-the-Senses

Quote Originally Posted by Balavassassin View Post
    Well, to put it this way...I feel so captivated by it's vicariously abided attention. I feel as if
    I could even look at the darn cologne package box for hours let alone to apply the freeking' perfume!..there is something enigmatic about the Serge Lutens house.

I am quite skeptical to believe in ecclesiastical purposes and thus making it irrelevant for me to be appealed this way...though I do wonder, is it so that Serge Lutens puts so much fervor within his art that maybe a remnant of passion is captured within his notes...Not in a [Sic] nature though indeed metaphorically.

I feel a magical force with his works...All the names of his frags are intentionally Didactic..so he insinuates the most abstruse thought into all of them.

Does anyone Else claim these sort of sibylline feelings once presented amongst a
    Serge Lutens bottle?

It's amazing!

- Balava

An Esoteric Being Deserves A House Conscience Of His Own Inner Soul

that's an interesting story...

But I don't know.. No matter how I love perfumes... especially Cocoa Mademoiselle, I don't feel any supernatural powers behind it. I mean, I don't really believe in those things.

haha..maybe i was being to surplus then..I am really just trying to implore a feeling of lust and well, you know, fervently done...

It just gives me a feeling that really reaches out to something that is incompatible to Anything else!

- Balava

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oddly, I have this with the Tom Ford Private Blends. I love the packaging, especially for the larger bottles ( my all-time favorite bottles, really ). They look so dark, mysterious and important, like there is something of truly other-worldly value inside.

As fragrances, of course, they vary like any other line.

In my opinion, Serge Lutens remains one a FEW fragrance houses which I immediately associate with that special mystical something (in fact, I sometimes suspect them of having magical powers)

The few Serge Lutens scents that I love, I love to death, and they have impacted me profoundly. The kind of feelings and emotions they ignite inside me are outstandingly special -- a feat few scents can manage. They seem to affect my moods (in a positive manner), and they are hence used by me as such -- as powerful mood swingers with magical aphrodisiacal qualities whenever and whereever necessitated.

I will never be without : Ambre Sultan, Chergui and Muscs Koublai Khan. I hope to find a fourth Lutens to join the party

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    Over the years, SL has evoked those exact feelings among many of us. But, really, it is about the juice. The juice. I love and would never be without MKK, Chergui, Fumerie Turque, Bois de Violette. The last time that I was in Paris, I found the experience of going to the mothership disappointing and disillusioning. It is poorly lighted and decorated in sleek black. The SAs are indifferent to rude.
    You want a religious, transporting experience? Visit the Guerlain shop on the Champs Elysses. The crystal, the light, the kindness, the staircase to heaven. Oh my.
    Ahhhhh, the Guerlain boutique. It is pure Heaven. I don't know how I managed to resist buying everything they had on sale upstairs -I just bought a bottle of Derby.

I was actually fortunate on my trips to the Lutens boutique. Each time I met the same charming young woman, who was very helpful. I love the dark mysterious quality of the Lutens fragrances, but if someone could bottle the scent that rises from the bag where I keep the books of wax samples it would be the greatest fragrance in history
    Last edited by sean-dt; 11th March 2010 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    In my opinion, Serge Lutens remains one a FEW fragrance houses which I immediately associate with that special mystical something (in fact, I sometimes suspect them of having magical powers)
    Oh really??? So there's two of you now.. Maybe I'd reconsider my opinions..

Eleanore

I've never thought there was anything mystical about Serge Lutens. I think that Serge himself is a conceited posseur and that for me takes away from the fragrances. Although, I do love Chergui, Datura Noir. Sarassins, Iris Silver Mist and a few more that I cannot remember. I love these despite the assinie owner of the company. A friend of mine read somewhere that he said that he doesn't wear perfume.

I haven't yet even tried Lutens' fragrances, but I get it when one says he evokes an almost religious experience, something mythical and magical. For me, I first became aware of Lutens when he was at Shiseido; the makeup ads were unlike anything else out there and I instinctively knew he was a true visionary. I feel almost intimidated when I think of him but I would probably die of joy if I had the chance to meet him. May he live a long and productive life.

I believe Serge Lutens possesses shamanistic powers and is quite possibly from another planet. I have only had other worldly experiences in his Palais Royale shop, the purple walls, the soft lighting and the Etruscan wall decorations all contribute to the transformative powers that one surrenders to when inside the shop. I was lucky enough to have a walk up the cast iron, spiral staircase to the private salon guided by one of the professionally behaved and meticulously groomed associates. They hold each test strip up to your nose for your approval like you are smelling the most rare essence ever created. It was like a trip to another dimension without the add of hallucinogenics.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 11th March 2010 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balavassassin View Post

Serge Lutens bottle?
    I totally did not understand a word of what you just wrote, but I freakin love Borneo 1834.

I am so glad someone else gets it!

I find Lutens fragrances are on par with mini spiritual experiences.
    They just resonate, a deep hum activating all ones little pleasure chakras. I love the way he speaks in tongues, translating through his fragrances. He's a rather dark looking character himself, like a high priest of perfume.

But I wouldn't go so far as to claim anything that couldn't be explained by ones simple appreciation for art. Its entirely possible to get this same awakening from food, a piece of art or the right lover It depends on how the individual interprets it and how far down the rabbit hole they allow themselves to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    I totally did not understand a word of what you just wrote, but I freakin love Borneo 1834.
    LOL...Fair Enough Sunny...Just agree and all is good :P

- Take care all!

- Balava -

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by The Anointed One View Post
    I am so glad someone else gets it!

I find Lutens fragrances are on par with mini spiritual experiences.
    They just resonate, a deep hum activating all ones little pleasure chakras. I love the way he speaks in tongues, translating through his fragrances. He's a rather dark looking character himself, like a high priest of perfume.

But I wouldn't go so far as to claim anything that couldn't be explained by ones simple appreciation for art. Its entirely possible to get this same awakening from food, a piece of art or the right lover It depends on how the individual interprets it and how far down the rabbit hole they allow themselves to fall.
    AMEN "The Anointed One"!! AMEN!! I agree with you %110!

Take care all!!

- Balava -

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanore View Post
    I've never thought there was anything mystical about Serge Lutens. I think that Serge himself is a conceited posseur and that for me takes away from the fragrances. Although, I do love Chergui, Datura Noir. Sarassins, Iris Silver Mist and a few more that I cannot remember. I love these despite the assinie owner of the company. A friend of mine read somewhere that he said that he doesn't wear perfume.
    HHhhmmm, Interesting...I'm glad to see that you've gainsayed and withdrawn this thoughts....Though, for me...Serge Lutens is far from a Poseur. He's a man in whom is looking for features of antecede-like times. He knows which epochs are likely to imbibe and which are not. His work and knowledge just protrudes like a nose gay in the spring. For me, If I was to say that "Serge Lutens is a conceited Poseur" i'd have to scrutinize every Major Perfumist for these values, whence they've all broken vowes of being per se "underground".

Yes, as we know of Serge Lutens forbids himself for wearing cologne unless he is trekking out, though..contrary, he has also divulged that he indulges in reconnoitring many subjects yet, he ends up regressing back to "Perfumery". I am making my point a bit conjecturary. Though I just wanted to share my thoughts.

AND BELIEVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED!

Cheers and take care my Basenotes family!

- Balava

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Basenotes Institution

I love Serge Lutens and I love his aesthetic and artistry . The inspiration behind some of his greats are near spiritual and legendary so I understand where Balavassasin ,Ken Russell and Galamb are coming from . Perfume in general evokes a spiritual feeling if it speaks to you so ........
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Somehow I am picturing in my mind the creation of a religion based on a community of Serge Lutens lovers coming together as a community, with meditative rituals facilitated by Lutens created aromas filling the air.

Stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Somehow I am picturing in my mind the creation of a religion based on a community of Serge Lutens lovers coming together as a community, with meditative rituals facilitated by Lutens created aromas filling the air.

Stranger things have happened.
    HAHAH!! YEP!!! And we keep trespassers at bay with Serge Noire...the Cinnamon really knocks them out!!! Keeping the village safe and sound!!!

Oh..and thanks for everyones opinions!!!

Cheers and love you all, my basenotes family!

- Balava

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Basenotes Institution

The Lutenology Spiritual Group / Cult.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.