Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default i *love* l'eau d'issey, except for the sour topnotes... so, agua de loewe?

hello all

I love l'eau d'issey, to the point where its pretty close to being the perfect scent to me. But, I find that there are some days where it smells quite sour to me. I'm wondering if there's a "smoother" version of issey out there. In a few threads, Agua de Loewe is suggested, but there's very limited information about it. Can someone that has tried both L'eau d'issey and Agua de Loewe compare them and highlight their differences, and tell me whether agua represents a "smoother" version of Issey?

Thanks!
    S
    For sale: Curve 4.2 oz, Mugler A*Men 3.4 oz, Guerlain Vetiver 4.2 oz, L'eau D'issey 2.5 oz, Swiss Army 3.4 oz

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: i *love* l'eau d'issey, except for the sour topnotes... so, agua de loewe?

Not a single comment?

Nobody has experience with Agua de Loewe and one of the most popular scents of the last 20 years?

S
    For sale: Curve 4.2 oz, Mugler A*Men 3.4 oz, Guerlain Vetiver 4.2 oz, L'eau D'issey 2.5 oz, Swiss Army 3.4 oz

Default Re: i *love* l'eau d'issey, except for the sour topnotes... so, agua de loewe?

Since you like the original L'Eau d'Issey , why don't you try L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense?

Post Thanks / Like

Issey is always sour on me. That's why I don't wear it.

Post Thanks / Like

Agua de Loewe is more akin to Chrome that L'eau D'Issey. The longevity is not that great either. It's definately a compliment getter while you can still smell it. But it's not that similar to Issey, not sure why that's claimed here. I bought it off that merit and was dissapointed.
    If Polge had replaced Chanel Allure Homme "Sport" with "Fraiche", Basenotes would be all over it.

Post Thanks / Like

The two aren't terribly similar. Loewe is more akin to L'Eau Par Kenzo or even 212 Men, in that it's not marine at all, and is more of a sparkling, smooth, floral/green citrus, as opposed to Issey's take no prisoners sour aquatic accord.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 2nd February 2010 at 08:42 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

I like L'Eau D'Issey. I don't detect the sourness, but I do detect....nothing after a few minutes...
    “Government big enough to supply
    everything you need is big enough
    to take everything you have.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the replies, especially Sokkou and LiveJazz.

I have and love both Issey and Chrome.

If Agua de Loewe is more similar to Chrome, and also similar to 212 or L'eau par Kenzo (both of which I didn't like), it sounds like not-so-wise purchase. Thanks for saving me $60!

S