Code of Conduct

Default Where to Buy Samples?

I would like a listing of places to buy samples of women's fragrances. I know of The Perfumed Court, Muddasir here and on Crystal Flacon, and Badger Decants (for men only). I know that I could put a post in the fragrances wanted section. And, lastly, I know that some vendors list samples, but they are usually not of fragrances I want. I have tried the search function and come up with no listings - perhaps search is not working. Are there some sites I have not listed that I can go to to find women's fragrance samples for sale? Thank you for suggestions, John

Need to add that I am looking for U.S. sources.
    Last edited by john parker; 31st January 2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Sources

Default Re: Where to Buy Samples?

LuckyScent.com samples most things they carry for $3-$4. Many places like FragranceNet.com and BeautyEncounter.com have manufacturer's samples for sale. Also check out scent-splits.wikidot.com.

I should have been more specific. What about Guerlains, specifically Mitsouko? Lucky Scent looks to be a small treasure! I will bookmark it right now!
    Last edited by john parker; 1st February 2010 at 12:09 AM.

There is The Posh Peasant, which is a decant site like TPC.

There are also a couple of individuals who used to sell decants on eBay who keep a list of what they have. I can't remember all their names and pages now, but I have bought samples from Helena (http://scentphoria.blogspot.com/) before and she is wonderful.

If you're interested in a specific line of fragrances check out their website. They often have sample packs that are larger and nicer than what you get from the decanters. In addition to The Perfumed Court, Posh Peasant and Lucky Scent, there's Aedes de Venustas (niche), Scented Monkey (mainstream), and Rei Rien (mostly mainstream). I've ordered samples from all of these places and can vouch for their quality and service.

Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Thank you all! A very nice selection of places to look!
    Appreciate it very much, John

Hi,
    I'm new here, so hello!
    I was just wondering if there are any UK based websites / shops to get samples from?
    I look forward to any replies.

ps BN seems like a nice place

Hey Boosh,

Les Senteurs has a sample service both online and in shop.

Czech & Speake do a sample pack of all their aromatics.

Don't discount non-UK sites though. Luckyscent has a fantastic range and have an incredibly reasonable international sample shipping rate. A handful of samples shouldn't be charged any import VAT etc.

First In Fragrance is a German site with, again, a great range. I think the exchange rate is a touch harsh right now, but worth keeping an eye on. No customs worries within the EU!

There's also Essenza Nobile in Germany http://shop.essenza-nobile.de/ as well as the excellent sites mentioned above

Thankyou both.
    Was looking for a sample of No. 88 by Czech & Speake, and now I've got one on its way.
    I will continue looking, thanks again.

my website: fragracetalk.com/decants LOL

I sell decants of all the fragrances i review