Code of Conduct

Default Eye Cream in the 'fridge?

Ladies,

Having enjoyed a sample of Lancome's Genifique Youth Activating Eye Concentrate I recently made a purchase of same. The thought occurs to me that its effect on puffy eyes might be enhanced if I apply the cream cold (from the refrigerator). Hardly a substitute for a cold compress, but you can see where the logic is taking me.

Anwyay, the more important question: is keeping the eye cream in the refrigerator detrimental to the cream?

Default Re: Eye Cream in the 'fridge?

I've kept a number of different eye gels and creams in the fridge and it feels wonderful to use 'em chilled. Nothing bad happened to them from being refrigerated.

And please forgive me for straying off topic but I also chill my Patanol eye drops, per my allergist's suggestion. Not only does it feel good to use chilled drops, the doctor said it helped the medicine reach the mast cells better (whatever that means)
    "Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime." - Ernest Hemingway

Actually keeping the eye creme in the fridge is beneficial to it, especially if you have very warm temps to contend with. As you and Socal said, it does feel nicer when its colder and helps puffiness better.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Socal and Brielle - thanks. The cream does look a different colour in the refrigerator (I'm sure of it) - but that's where I'll store it.

Slightly off topic here but does anyone know of any good but affordable eye creams ? Maybe something in the price range of L'Oreal, Olay and Garnier.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    Actually keeping the eye creme in the fridge is beneficial to it, especially if you have very warm temps to contend with. As you and Socal said, it does feel nicer when its colder and helps puffiness better.

What an info! I didn't thought that putting eye creams in the fridge is beneficial. It all sounds weird to me but since you've got a testimonial there, I think I'm gonna try it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Slightly off topic here but does anyone know of any good but affordable eye creams ? Maybe something in the price range of L'Oreal, Olay and Garnier.
    JoNnY - can you get the Garnier Nutritionist Eye Roll-on in Malaysia ? That's supposed to be quite good - if your problem is puffy eyes. I've used the L'Oreal Men Expert, but my I react badly to it - I don't know which ingredient causes the problem. I've also been very happy with the Clinique Skin Supplies for Men 'Age Defense For Eyes'.

Remember that (for the most part) eye creams are usually the same product as the brand's moisturiser, and you can use that. Or, if you're using a serum, you can use that under your eyes. Don't forget to apply sunscreen under and around the eyes. And whatever you apply, pat don't rub.
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 17th February 2010 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    JoNnY - can you get the Garnier Nutritionist Eye Roll-on in Malaysia ? That's supposed to be quite good - if your problem is puffy eyes. I've used the L'Oreal Men Expert, but my I react badly to it - I don't know which ingredient causes the problem. I've also been very happy with the Clinique Skin Supplies for Men 'Age Defense For Eyes'.

Remember that (for the most part) eye creams are usually the same product as the brand's moisturiser, and you can use that. Or, if you're using a serum, you can use that under your eyes. Don't forget to apply sunscreen under and around the eyes. And whatever you apply, pat don't rub.
    I think the Garnier Nutritionist Eye Roll-on is available here. I bought the Garnier Men Refreshing Eye Roll on instead. I'm not sure but I think they are almost the same thing. The main ingredient in the Garnier Men roll on is caffeine. Been using it just over a week and it refreshes the eyes very well but I am yet to see the effect of the anti bags and anti dark circle claims of this product. If it's good I won't mind repurchasing as it's so much cheaper than Clinique and Biotherm equivalents.

Is patting the under eye area after applying the eye roll on really necessary ? I normally just use the roll on to massage the under eye area very gently and let the liquid dry.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

With the roll on, just roll it on. No need to pat (or rub).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Yes.
    The new L'Oreal one called Derma Genesis - very affordable.
    And I keep it in the refrigerator.