Code of Conduct

Default Head's Up - Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, Sat. Feb 27th 12pm at Noor Boutique

-

Hey Everyone! You've probably got a PM about the Second Toronto Meetup, but just incase, here's the info below...

After the success of our first get together, the group is having another meetup here in Toronto... I’ve spoken with a local boutique here (Noor) and they are happy to host us, again - details for the meetup are below. So come on out and put some faces to the screen-names! For those of you who messaged to say that you would have liked to but couldn't make it out (sorry about the short notice last time), here's your chance.

If possible, please RSVP through PM or here in the thread just to let me know if you think you’ll be there so we can get a sense of headcount for refreshment/food purposes.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you there!
    M.C.

Details
    Date: Saturday February 27th, 2010
    Location: Noor Boutique, 176 Cumberland St (Yorkville - MAP), 416-928-0700 (http://noorboutique.com/). Nahla and Fred are the friendly owners
    Time: 12pm/Noon to about 3:30 or so, but drop by any time. We may move around the area to some other locations at some point. Let’s see how things go and decide at the time.
    To Bring: Yourself, significant others, samples to share/trade, an open mind, any books/magazines, business cards, etc
    the Noor people are ok with everyone bringing samples and sniffing and swapping, as long as they can get in on the action too!

-
    PS - also just want to make it clear, I have no affiliation with these guys at Noor other then being a friendly customer of theirs. They're just gracious enough to host us.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 8th February 2010 at 03:33 AM.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: Head's Up - Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, Sat. Feb 27th 12pm at Noor Boutique

I most probably will be there. I will confirm soon, and so far I am making my schedule matching...

Default Re: Head's Up - Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, Sat. Feb 27th 12pm at Noor Boutique

Looks like I can make it so far. Looking forward to it!

Cool, look forward to seeing you two ^^^

I've had a few confirmations here and there so so far shaping up to be a good meetup!
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Bumper Cars

Last and final

Might need to miss out due to last minute things for my upcoming surgery. Still planning to try but if not, have a great time and I'll look forward to the next one.

Blog Entries

Hi Daniel
    Sorry I am not goint to make it at this meeting, winter blues, snowy weather & such is the culprit.
    But I will be looking forward for the 3rd meeting when the weather gets better.
    btw, do you know there is a store in the area called PIR, it is on Cumberland, they have a collection of fragrance there that Noor does not carry.
    Regards

Hawkin

Hey Hawkin, Not the greatest weather, I agree. I'll be subwaying, so it doens't really bother me. We'll probably do this again in a few months, maybe something a little different though. I'm a bit new to this whole thing and actually first started by finding Noor. I only just heard about Pir a few weeks ago and have probably passed it a million times without ever seeing it there. Went in for the first time and chatted with Franchi (sp?), and first started smelling everything, then realized I was going ot have to come back a few times, lol. Thanks for the info though!

Lemur, I was hoping to meet you but if you can't make it I totally understand. The more the merrier though!

Some pictures of the event from Silver Butterfly.
    As you can see we had quite a spread of bottles and samples...
    (if anyone wants pictures taken down just let me know

Last edited by Master-Classter; 2nd March 2010 at 04:04 AM.