Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Gold Eau de Parfum vs Extrait de Parfum

Has anyone compared the Amouage Gold for Women eau de parfum with the extrait de parfum? The extrait is significantly more money. Is it worth it, or do you get the same effect with eau de? Thanks so much.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Amouage Gold Eau de Parfum vs Extrait de Parfum

I have not tried the Extrait, but one spray of the EdP is enough to last me all day. And I do mean 12+ hours. I can't imagine myself needing it stronger than that.

majesticmammy

Thumbs up Re: Amouage Gold Eau de Parfum vs Extrait de Parfum

Question :Has anyone compared the Amouage Gold for Women eau de parfum with the extrait de parfum? The extrait is significantly more money. Is it worth it, or do you get the same effect with eau de? Thanks so

REPLY: Gold Extrait is AMAZING. Gold Extrait is superb to say the least. Its the most opulent rose fragrance backwards and fwd. Gold EDP is more aldehydes in high pitch. Gold extrait is Rose and blends incredible with lyric. It is a real stunning extrait of a world of its own. BEAUTIFUL.

Thanks for posting your thoughts, majesticmammy.

Maybe the O.P. can tell us whether they ever tried both!
    Last edited by lpp; 27th December 2013 at 09:03 PM.

Very interesting. It would be nice to know if the extrait has also been reformulated in the same way as the edp has.

cacio

I had a sample of the edp and fell in love with it. Thinking the extrait could only be better, I bought it blind. The extrait is unbelievably powdery on me and I much prefer the edp. I will probably sell my extrait unless I can wear it behind my knees and not get the overwhelming powder.

I only have the old, crystal 'Mosque bottle' Gold Edt and some later 'official' samples of the then EdP, which are similar but weaker.

The only extrait in my collection is the original J25 Woman (purchased on release) which equals the old Edt Gold in terms of quality but subsequent experience with replacement bottles of Ubar & Lyric EdP's has dissuaded me from investigating these older ones further!

Thanks for the info. foxbins.
    Last edited by lpp; 28th December 2013 at 05:29 PM.

I chose the edp after testing both. The primary difference I detected between the edp and the extrait was the aldehydic opening in the edp, as well as a bit more projection (the extrait is very lush, but it's softer than the edp and wears closer to the skin), but I found their midnotes and drydowns to be extremely similar, even in duration. The extrait is wonderful, and I suppose if I *really* had my way I'd have both (hehe!) but I really couldn't be happier with the edp (which is the current one, btw.)
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Lyric is on my wish list. I have a 1/6 oz travel spray and not sure which one it is. If the Extrait de Parfum is richer and truer to Perfume, I would prefer that. On the other hand, Eau de Parfum could be best because this is not a perfume I would wear to the grocery store. Does anyone know if this formula has been changed recently? My spray is about a year old.

Lyric woman, at least in edp, has changed a lot recently, from a deep winey rose, to a much lighter, more transient rose. There are a couple of threads on this if you look around. But it probably changed more than a year ago, so you could have either version. Make sure you smell the actual bottle before you buy.

cacio

Totally agree with that excellent advice from cacio.