Code of Conduct

Default Some thoughts on Adidas Sport Field.

I recently acquired this one, and I think it's good enough to have its own thread here. At first, there is a blast of many notes. The pyramid top notes are: apple, tomato stem, anise, green notes, black pepper, and peppermint (this is my best guess from the Estonian site, http://www.parfyym.pri.ee/?op=body&id=447&cid=5724). I generally try to avoid top notes, and I could see these top notes easily causing olfactory fatigue. The top lasted about 20 minutes, though I blow on the area sprayed to try and get it to the drydown faster.

The middle notes are ginger, cedar, lavender, geranium, juniper, jasmine, and musk. It is here that the frag morphs into a Montana Homme (red box) stage. I would call it Montana Light, though it's not that much lighter. I would not be surprised if this was done on purpose, because it is too close, AFAIC.

Eventually, base is dry and simple: sandalwood, thyme, and moss. There is a bit of the top/mid notes that come through, and at this stage it is a skin scent. I went back and smelled the sprayer several hours later, and you can smell many of the notes listed. I think I like smelling the sprayer, actually, as opposed to any of the three stages of its progression, but that's just because I'm not a big fan of the Montana red box type of frag. I'm guessing that if you layer this with another "super cheapo," Mustang by Dorall, you will achieve a Havana-like frag, but again, I'm not a big fan of this style. Unless you really dislike this style, however (or already have a bottle of Montana red box and rarely use it), it is clearly worth the prices it is now fetching.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 2nd February 2010 at 04:01 AM.

Default Re: Some thoughts on Adidas Sport Field.

this one sounds really nice Bigsly .
    Along with Victory League , ive put this one on my get list ( because they are so cheap )
    Have you tried any other adidas frags ?
    I read sometime ago you compared Jaguar original to one of these ?

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I did try Moves a long time ago, but no longer have it. I didn't know much back then but from what I remember, it's a typical "sports" frag. Right now, I consider the best "super cheapos" to be Mesmerize for men, Diesel Zero Plus Au Masculin, Jacomo Rouge, Mustang by Dorall, Pino Silvestre, Oscar Pour Lui, Cuba Red, Everlast Original 1910, and Z-14 (aside from AVL and ASF). B*Men is selling real cheap in some places, but that is a more of a "love it/hate it" one.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 2nd February 2010 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    this one sounds really nice Bigsly .
    Along with Victory League , ive put this one on my get list ( because they are so cheap )
    Have you tried any other adidas frags ?
    I read sometime ago you compared Jaguar original to one of these ?
    I've seen Victory League here on the boards, and now's the first time I've seen Sport Field.
    Weird, but here in the Phils, Adidas frags are drugstore/supermarket brands, they're almost everywhere (just like Axe/Lynx, but Axe/Lynx here is more popular). Is it the same everywhere else? (or it isn't, that's these Adiddas frags are rarely talked about)
    I think there are 5 available here --> Victory League (gold), Sport Field (is this the green one?)...there's Ice Dive I think...anyway, there's a Gold one, Green, Silver, Orange, Blue (?) and I think a new black one. Can't remember the actual names...I went through all of these when I couldn't afford frags yet. Saw recently a large bottle that can be had for 6USD. The first five all have their own bath/deo/body spray lines.

I am always interested in green frags, so I'll keep my eyes out for it.
    bigsly, since you like Z-14 I wonder if you have tried 1-12 which is Halston's green frag. (in a brown bottle though)
    Last edited by odysseusm; 2nd February 2010 at 12:31 PM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by funhuntr View Post
    but here in the Phils, Adidas frags are drugstore/supermarket brands, they're almost everywhere... Is it the same everywhere else?
    Adidas fragrances are in the same category here in the U.S.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 2nd February 2010 at 12:56 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

No, from the reviews (here and elsewhere) I didn't think I'd like 1-12. I haven't been much of a "green" frag person, only wearing Green Jeans up until I re-acquired Pino Silvestre recently. However, my appreciation for Dior's Higher has risen significantly lately. Sport Field may have a bit too much lavender and/or geranium (possibly juniper too) for me, but I don't think it has too much for just about everyone else. I'll wear it once a month or so and see if I get accustomed to it and can appreciate it more. Montana red box is too strong, so ASF may be the way to go. I do like the dry, simple base notes, and for this price I wasn't going to pass it up. I'm wondering if Sud Est would be even better, but the reviews that mention a "floral" and "cologne guy" quality have led me to pass on it up to this point.

Just thought I'd mention that I recently re-acquired Montana "red box" and the base is very different from Sport Field, which stays "green" all the way through and doesn't have the sweetness or non-green notes, such as leather.

Blog Entries

just a caveat for all you adidas fans: deep energy gives me a massive headache. im wearing it now and its messing with me so bad