Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Grossmith Parfums -- devastatingly gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Depends primarily on how much you spray.
    I spray about 12 to 15 and can go up to 20 on lighter perfumes which translate to 1ml to 2ml.

I only spray 6 sprays of Hasu No Hana which is more than suffice.
    Thank you! So 20 sprays = 1 or 2 ml then?

Quote Originally Posted by GelbeDomino View Post
    Thank you! So 20 sprays = 1 or 2 ml then?
    Yes sweety. Approx. 20 sprays is about 2ml.
    Today I was decanting perfumes for a friend and about 20 sprays filled up a 2ml atomizer.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Yes sweety. Approx. 20 sprays is about 2ml.
    Today I was decanting perfumes for a friend and about 20 sprays filled up a 2ml atomizer.
    Thank you lots! That was really useful.

Blog Entries

I just tried Betrothal from a $12 sample! It is quite a nice mellow floral to start, nothing objectionable. After the dry-down it becomes a soft powdery floral of no particular distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by gabyvinki View Post
    I sign in for EVERY word you wrote!! These 3 perfumes are one glory of an experience ! I am so happy to have two of these wonderful perfume! And perfumes they are!! Even in the EDP concentration they go on forever to last!! Shem el Nessim is my absolute favourite closely followed by Hasu.. then the wonderful flowery Phul Nana .. I m yes to test the new Betrothal but am really afraid of it because of the price.. but the other 2 deserve every Dollar they cost! This is Perfume art as good as it gets!! Grossly underrated!! People, lovers of classical perfumery, please try these beauties! Thanks for your short review
    One post and glorious reviews??? Hmmmm.

All in all, this line will be put on my high list for the next samples.
    "...put on clothes that are well-scented with incense. Even if you’re somewhere where no one special will see you, you still feel a heady sense of pleasure inside." Things that make your heart beat fast (translated by Meredith McKinney), Sei Shonagon. The Pillow Book.

"The sunset is deeper and longer. The scent of the jasmine is stronger." Miracles. Pet Shop Boys

Basenotes Institution

Jon and I checked these out at Roja Dove's last year - I did love Shem el Nassim - and immediately L'Heure Bleue came to mind as Scent has said. I wasn't too enthusiastic about the rest . I may just try them all again to see how my tastes have changed .
    Petty small minded people have no place in my life.
    Currently wearing: Angel by Thierry Mugler

My bottle of Shem El Nessim EdP is here and yes, my first impression was that I found it quite similar to pre-reformulation L'Heure Bleue, only softer and more subtle, as if the notes had been passed through a sieve.
    I find the concentration quite light for an EdP and the lasting power could be a bit better for the price. It is a beautiful fragrance. I got samples of the other 3 Grossmith fragrances. I will try them later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Jon and I checked these out at Roja Dove's last year - I did love Shem el Nassim - and immediately L'Heure Bleue came to mind as Scent has said. I wasn't too enthusiastic about the rest . I may just try them all again to see how my tastes have changed .

Shem el Nassim is outstanding. Bought my wife a bottle when it was first released. It's half empty now. The others I did't care for too much. Betrothal is down right disgusting - a real scrubber IMHO.

Just sampled Betrothal (It is a pretty floral but I, personally, don't find it that special) and Hasu No Hana (a deep and spicy beauty). Hasu No Hana might be bottle worthy for me.

The only one that really stood out was Hasu No Hana but sadly the longevity was not great (and for the price I would expect better) so that's a deal-breaker for me.

Basenotes Institution

Wearing Hasu-no-hana today for the last time (my sample is all gone). This stuff is gorgeous but like tiffingirl mentioned above I really had to drench myself in my sample for it to 'stick'. Which IMO is a good thing (here in Miami - it's HOT today!). A lighter, easy-to-wear Emeraude is how I'd describe this. I love it. But it's way overpriced. For that money I'd spring for a limited or vintage Guerlain.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: No. 5 L'Eau by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Wearing Hasu-no-hana today for the last time (my sample is all gone). This stuff is gorgeous but like tiffingirl mentioned above I really had to drench myself in my sample for it to 'stick'. Which IMO is a good thing (here in Miami - it's HOT today!). A lighter, easy-to-wear Emeraude is how I'd describe this. I love it. But it's way overpriced. For that money I'd spring for a limited or vintage Guerlain.
    Have you tried Shem El Nissim? A little goes a long way on me and it lasts all day!

Basenotes Institution

Yes choquette, I have - although the scent is so different. Much more like L'Heure Bleue.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: No. 5 L'Eau by Chanel