Code of Conduct

Default JPG Le Male or PR 1 Million?

Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male and Paco Rabanne's 1 Million are 2 of my favourites, they're both really sweet, rich and long lasting, great for fall and winter wear. But I currently only own Le Male, not 1 Million - I find it really quite expensive!

Which of the 2 do you prefere? If I have La Male already, is 1 Million still worth getting? Out of my collection, the sweet fragrance I have Body Kouros, A*Men and Joop Homme also.

I'm in college btw.

Thanks!

Default Re: JPG Le Male or PR 1 Million?

Hmm...I'm starting to think that 1 Million is getting the new Le Male over here actually. It's selling like crazy over here and I seem to smell it quite often.

Out of those 2, I'd probably go with 1 Million, just because Le Male is so played out (I still like it though).

But you might wanna check out Rochas Man or Dior Homme Intense, also great sweet frags, and more versatile imo.

I'd go for the 1 Million just based on the bottle alone. 1 Million is a gold bar and Le Male is an almost naked man. I'll take the gold bar, thanks. Why couldn't they have put the Le Male in a naked woman bottle? Would have been a better choice... I won't even consider buying the Le Male because of it.
    Last edited by Handsome Toad; 5th February 2010 at 12:59 AM.

Both colognes are uniquely superb in their own right... I have both and I think both are too good for you to only have one or the other. If 1 Million is one of your favourites along with Le Male, I don't there should be any hesitation to buy 1 Million too... you'll keep kicking yourself if you don't buy 1 Million - its certainly worth the money!

Which of the 2 last longer on your skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Toad View Post
    I'd go for the 1 Million just based on the bottle alone. 1 Million is a gold bar and Le Male is an almost naked man. I'll take the gold bar, thanks. Why couldn't they have put the Le Male in a naked woman bottle? Would have been a better choice... I won't even consider buying the Le Male because of it.
    That is quite possibly the stupidest reason not to buy a fragrance. Unless you have all your bottles out in a full display, then you see the bottle for about 5 seconds while you pick it up, give yourself 2-3 sprays and put it back into wherever you store it. Fragrances are about the juice, not the bottle. The bottles are a bonus; you don't go around with the bottle taped to your head, do you? No, you spray the juice inside the bottle to make yourself smell nice.

Even if you do display your bottles out in the open, are you so immature that you think "lol ew naked man thats so gay"?

1 million is way to popular where I'm from. I have Le Male and am quite satisfied with it, so are girls And to others that hate that bottle - you wear a scent it contains, not the bottle.
    Last edited by Zgb; 5th February 2010 at 12:16 PM.

I would have to go with 1 Million. I LOVE the entire fragrance from start to finish...and the gold bar is really nice.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    That is quite possibly the stupidest reason not to buy a fragrance. Unless you have all your bottles out in a full display, then you see the bottle for about 5 seconds while you pick it up, give yourself 2-3 sprays and put it back into wherever you store it. Fragrances are about the juice, not the bottle. The bottles are a bonus; you don't go around with the bottle taped to your head, do you? No, you spray the juice inside the bottle to make yourself smell nice.

Even if you do display your bottles out in the open, are you so immature that you think "lol ew naked man thats so gay"?
    I would go with Le Male because I think it smells better - plus I prefer naked men.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I prefer the Le Male bottle and the smell of 1 Million.

Le Male for me is the better frag as I find 1 Million only slightly more interesting than the average generic sweet frag. As your preference is for sweet frag I say go ahead and get 1 Million.

Le Male lasts much longer with better sillage than 1 Million through my own personal experience.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 5th February 2010 at 02:47 PM.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

I prefer Le Male for its fragrance. Could care less about the bottle.

Hmm.. perhaps I've just been smelling Le Male for too many years on too many people so I have scent fatigue. I'm pretty sick of it really. It seems like everyone wears it around here, whereas no one wears 1 million where I live, so it is much more interesting to me.

I like Le Male better, but find 1 Million a long lasting sweet fragrance, which is similar to Diesel Fuel for Life. If you haven't tried the Diesel, you should try and see if you like it? It's cheaper than 1 Million though.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

1 Million didn't impress me. It struck me as a lighter version of Cool Waters. Perhaps I need to try it again, because it didn't seem sweet at all.
    JPG all the way.

Le Male............and Fuel for Life for example

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I would go with Le Male because I think it smells better - plus I prefer naked men.
    I adore the Le Male bottle...and heartily agree with petruccijc--it smells better! ;D
    You need to understand the fashion design house of Gaultier...and its take on masculinity/femininity/aesthetics. (I adored the launch ads of Fleur du Male...a teasing ad of an attractive man in a perfumed bath with white rose petals...)

Fuel for Life is also a nice, sweet scent.

Honestly, if one goes only by the marketing, I don't like the skinny dandy in the Rabanne One Million ads at all...and the gold ingot bottle is tacky...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN2POa9nZBY
    Last edited by Primrose; 5th February 2010 at 07:52 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

What about le male vs black xs? Trying to decide on my next
    purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by robat19 View Post
    purchase.
    Le Male, of course.

Well, got a funny story. My friend wore Paco 1 Million yesterday and as he walked pass 2 aunties, one of them said...

"What the f....! What fragrance is that? Smells so f......g horrible."

LOL, that was really rude. She said loud enough that my friend heard it clear.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Dependent

I prefer Le Male, both the bottle and the scent. One Million smells very decent actually, in fact it is above average, but the bottle looks cheap. I don't consider one million a breakthrough scent, purely based on personal taste; Le Male however common or passe, is/was a contemporary/modern classic.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    Hmm.. perhaps I've just been smelling Le Male for too many years on too many people so I have scent fatigue. I'm pretty sick of it really. It seems like everyone wears it around here, whereas no one wears 1 million where I live, so it is much more interesting to me.
    in Balkan region 1 million is way more popular, can't remember if I smelled Le Male on anyone. Joop! Homme gets by a lot also, Armani Code no need to mention. Hugo Boss...ugh

I noticed somebody has already commented on this, but seriously, cologne is purely and simply for smelling nice, why should it matter what the container looks like?

Your avatar would indicate your a fully grown man, but that comment was something i'd expect to hear from a prepubescent!

I own le male as well as many other frags, including 1 called 'very sexy for him', the name may suck but if the juice smells good i'll buy it!
    Got Musc Ravageur/Tobacco Vanille?

Fancy sample swapping? PM ME!

Dependent

^I do get an impression that Handsome toad's comments were made purely tongue in cheek/in jest!
    Last edited by MFJ; 20th February 2010 at 08:57 AM.

If that's the case, i apologise!

It's harder to tell if someone is being serious when your reading txt as opposed to face to face conversation!
    Seemed genuine to me =P
    Got Musc Ravageur/Tobacco Vanille?

Fancy sample swapping? PM ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Male View Post
    If that's the case, i apologise!

It's harder to tell if someone is being serious when your reading txt as opposed to face to face conversation!
    Seemed genuine to me =P
    seemed real to me too...

Blog Entries

1 Million is fruity, loud, and flamboyant. I only feel like wearing it if I'm going to a party or clubbing. Any other time, to me, it feels out of place. Le Male, to my recollection, sure, it's a little brash with it's orange blossom synthetics, but boy does it have that sexy edge to it. That dry down is pretty impressive. My skin's able to tame this to moderate sillage, so it's just right for me. I haven't worn it in 2 years and I remembered being disappointed that this just didn't have enough pop. Looking back now, it's actually pretty nice if you get a slight hint of it in the air, instead of being abused by the masses.

If I'm honest, neither, I think they're both ghastly.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

There is 1 million people wearing 1 million from PR ( especialy in Balkan ) .. Le Male would be my choice always , there are many many reasons in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by robat19 View Post
    purchase.
    I had Black XS and I have Le Male...............IMO and experience...........Le Male by far

Wow.

PawelL

Le Male

One Million is a bottled horror with a pretentious name.

Warm regards,
    P

Le Male

The gold bar is REALLY tacky.

The female bottle is freaking sexy as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    The female bottle is freaking sexy as hell!
    Yeah, Dat's what I'm talkin' about. Should have put Le Male in that bottle... it would be front and center in my collection instead of being banned from it.

I never understood the appeal for the *scent* of PR's One Million--except for the novel bottle and the "nouveau dandy" in the commercial...the Chemical Brothers' song is also truly catchy.

Anyone for Diesel Fuel for Life?

It's all in the sales hype...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN2POa9nZBY
    Last edited by Primrose; 21st February 2010 at 03:08 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

1 Million is nice but uninteresting to my nose. Le Male is gorgeous, and completely in sync with Gaultier's tongue-in-cheek aesthetic. It's also a compliment magnet of epic proportions, at least on me. So...Le Male.

I enjoy the scent a one million slightly more than lemale but lemale is easily the most versatile of the 2.

If prefer Le Male 1 Million times over PR

I prefer one million, plus it last FOR EVER on my skin !!!! (and I have dry skin).

1 Million.

To be honest, I think there are more interesting takes on the same theme out there other than Le Male or 1 Million. If I have to choose based on the scent, I'll go with 1 Million cuz Le Male drydown is a bit too simple for me. Bottle wise, although I have no problem with the male body, in fact, Fleur de Male and Le Male Metal Chic edition are two of my fav bottles, I think the bottle of Le Male is not beautiful. For 1 Million, one word to describe its bottle is...tacky.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Concurred.

Bottles: they both remind me of old time Avon's bottles, scents sold in glass pipe, boots and turkey flasks. Call it an updated version of old time tackiness.

Smells: I love Le Male, even though is too simple and ubiquitous. In the case of 1 Million, I find the top notes off putting.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I support your opinion but if someone have no other choice IMO better one is Le Male .

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post

Well, you might be right, but I can't get past the golden brick, I just find it too tacky. I acknowledge the fragrance itself it's not that bad, but THAT bottle puts me off a little. And IMO perfume is about the feeling of owning something you really like, bottle and juice. Otherwise we can carry our fragrance in a small plastic bottle like aspirin, really. Same reason why I was LOL when i saw the new Davidoff fragrance in a dumbell-like bottle. Hilarious. Not to mention the vile bottle of Only The Brave, which -again- is an alright fragrance...