Code of Conduct

Default Creed Vintage Tabarome now for sale at creedboutique.com

Jump on it. Only 25 atomizers for sale, $400 each. Supposed to be the last we'll see of this one. Oh my - hard to imagine this one being gone forever.

Default Re: Creed Vintage Tabarome now for sale at creedboutique.com

25 online and 25 at the Creed boutique. Thats 50 bottles total. I used to have 2 flacons of this and I think I sold 1 oz decants for $50. I like the fragrance but wouldn't pay $400 for 1.7 oz.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Doesn't it bother anyone that the price is so jacked up for the limited "re-release"? I mean, that's like them releasing Windsor as a regular scent at normal Creed prices. I'm pretty sure all of the people that spent the original price would be pissed, right?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Doesn't it bother anyone that the price is so jacked up for the limited "re-release"? I mean, that's like them releasing Windsor as a regular scent at normal Creed prices. I'm pretty sure all of the people that spent the original price would be pissed, right?
    It is jacked up, but it is "repackaged" (atomizer vs. flacon).

They do it because they control the supply. They do it because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    It is jacked up, but it is "repackaged" (atomizer vs. flacon).

They do it because they control the supply. They do it because they can.
    They do it because we let them do.
    I bet all these 50 bottles will be snapped in no time. It don't matter what's the price. There are always buyers out there willing to buy whatever as long as it can boast of exclusivity and seems to be out of reach of the hoi polloi.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I suppose it's just semantics, but it's not a "re-release." I doubt they've cooked a batch of this in years.

I don't get your analogy. Selling this at a jacked up price due to it's scarcity is not like selling Windsor for less than the original price.

They're just selling off the remaining supply they have in fifty 1.7 atomizers instead of ten 8.4 oz flacons. It actually makes it available to more people frankly. Were they to offer to sell these 10 flacons at original prices, is there anybody who thinks people in here and other sites wouldn't buy them and jack up the price so that THEY could take advantage of the scarcity? I just bought 3 oz of VT for appx the price the guy paid for an 8.4 oz flacon.

I don't like having to buy their $160 atomizer, but the more I think about, doing it in that way is a bit of a "poison pill" to those that might snap up flacons or cheap bottles to mark it up and sell it themselves. Kinda smart actually.

You want to argue that they're taking advantage of a limited supply, be my guest. Please tell me why the company that invested the time, energy and money to create this should not partake in some additional profit due to the scarcity... it's just economics.

Find someone in here with some Patou Pour Homme that will sell you theirs for what they paid for it- even if they've used half the bottle. Score a bottle of vintage Antaeus from someone here for what it sold for in 1982. Order 30ml of Creed Cuir de Russie from The Perfumed Court.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 5th February 2010 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    25 online and 25 at the Creed boutique. Thats 50 bottles total. I used to have 2 flacons of this and I think I sold 1 oz decants for $50. I like the fragrance but wouldn't pay $400 for 1.7 oz.
    I have immense respect for Vintage Tab's drydown, but i agree it's not worth that high of a price. If creed were to rework that drydown with much more contemporary and accessible topnotes, I'd buy it for $605/8.4oz

But $405 for 1.7oz is lunacy for vintage tab.
    Don't anyone make the argument for the atomizer either, the price is $405 with no alternative.

A Tabarome Society (Private) should be formed. Bring your own Tabarome. Horrible shame this. A perfumer who is now restricted as to ingredients is not likely to actually come out and say the " we can no longer produce such and such because there are now laws/rules on ingredients which have classified them as restricted/banned/irritant and we would prefer not to risk a calss action suit " wouldnt it be nicer to say its too hard to do anymore without losing quality, clearly people who love this would pay anything-and so it would get sold even for $1,000 a flacon. i know id buy it. no- the ingredients/levels are banned and i dont think scent will start carrying warning labels (bad for image i think). its so awful to think that Laurice was selling off all her Creed scents at her shop 4 or 5 years ago and Tabarome 16.8 oz flacon "buy it now" on ebay $225. (please dont cry). smaller ones were $125 ish. if you really like a scent let this giude you to stock up a bit- a bitter lesson however a good one. since this is no longer to be produced i have no hesitation suggesting Guerlain Derby, and the only other scent which has helped me through my Vintage Tabarome withdrawl (the VT's) is Amouage Tribute attar. Amazing leather based scent whose concentration is unearthly.
    take care Possum7

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I have immense respect for Vintage Tab's drydown, but i agree it's not worth that high of a price. If Creed were to rework that drydown with much more contemporary and accessible topnotes, I'd buy it for $605/8.4oz
    Which is in no small part why they stopped making it I bet. It is not and never has been a contemporary frag (well perhaps in 1781 or some such). These old school scents ain't for everybody.

I doubt there's been much action on this one in years. The "demand" we're seeing right now seems inflated in this small slice of the world with all of us fume heads.

I think what possum7 is saying is that they probably couldn't make this now if they wanted to. I buy that. I'd be eyeballing REL as heading down the same path. That's why I bought a bottle recently. People who think inflated markups over original pricing due to scarcity of what is essentially an artistic product should be reserved for THEMSELVES should take heed. You know who you are. (hmmm, perhaps I am just a Creed "plant" to move REL in a part of their vast niche scent conspiracy?)

As someone who works for a living in a big corporation, I'm going out on a limb here and say I admire and respect the way Creed handled this. At this point, I'd work for the f*ckers if I spoke fluent French. They've got some balls on them plus they're aggressive and smart.

If indeed there are only fifty 1.7 atomizers to be sold, their total gross sale of this final VT product is $20,250. That is a pathetic and laughable amount of money to any large corporation (which is what I perceive many of the Creed haters think they are). I doubt that will even pay the rent on their new Manhattan location for much more than a month- never mind deducting their costs for the juice and atomizer.

I think they catered more to frag heads than profit on this one folks. Mull it over.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 5th February 2010 at 05:50 AM.