Code of Conduct

Default Coconut fragrance???

My girlfriend really enjoys the scent of coconut and I'm looking for a fragrance with a primary coconut note. Preferably fruity as well since she's not fond of floral. Possibly somthing that resembles a high quality tanning lotion? Although, not JUST coconut since something like that can be had at Bath and Body works.

Thanks!!!

Default Re: Coconut fragrance???

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco series... :

- Coco Extreme
    - Coco Figue
    - Vanille Coco

Virgin Island Water by Creed...that's a good one, not too much coconut, a touch of rum, a bit of citrus..very unisex.

Yeah CSP coco extreme comes to mind. I don't wear mine anymore though, I don't like smelling like a pina colada. A lot of people like it though but my nose has gotten too sensitive to the sweetness.
    Last edited by peppermua; 5th February 2010 at 08:19 AM.

I generally dislike fragrances that make me think of something to eat.

... the only non-gourmand commercial coconut I know is Versace-Crystal Noir. The coconut is obvious-stronger coconut note id edp- (you know,based on the classic succes combo, tuberose+coconut ideea), yet it's not foody, and it's easy to wear, even with ellegant clothes maybe.

P.S.-for more tuberose,and coconut is smaller dose, try Beyond Love by Killian. Divine tuberose+coconut.

P.S.2- I now see it's for your girlfriend--- if you can get her a "Beyond Love", you'll totally impress her, as the presentation (gorgeous, luxurious box) and the scent (best niche tuberose-coconut) are incredible!!! There's no way she's not gonna like it. The price is very high though...
    Last edited by w3pearl; 5th February 2010 at 02:46 PM.

If memory serves, the Harajuku Lovers "G" has a huge blast of coconut note. So much so that it reminded me of tanning lotion.

I thought, "Why not just wear tanning lotion?"

A cute little "Harajuku doll" flacon (based on the Japanese folk art "kokeshi" doll), but made for the teen set. This is not altogether a bad thing, as each person has his own taste.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ci_sku=1118280
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by allabouteve View Post
    Virgin Island Water by Creed...that's a good one, not too much coconut, a touch of rum, a bit of citrus..very unisex.
    +1, that's the first one i thought of.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Basenotes Institution

Remember that many fig prominent scents, have a definite coconut accord running through them. Try Philosykos by Diptyque (a green fig/coconut) and/or Premier Figuier by L' Artisan Parfumeur.

I also highly recommend you try Virgin Island Water. It's my favorite coconut fragrance, although it's a pricey one.

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Yes to this one, very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by allabouteve View Post
    This one ^ is also gorgeous but as Mikeperez says it's pretty spendy...

I 2nd his suggestion of l'Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier (the Extreme version is my fave) a gorgeous creamy fruity coconut.

Bobbi Brown Beach is a lovely suntan lotion/coconut scent, as is Bond No9 Fire Island.

Miami Glow (if you can still get it); smells like 1980s Hawaiian Tropic lotion.

Serge Lutens Datura Noir is a syrupy, heady tuberose-coconut that has an opening like floral jam or wine gums; then settles to a sweet coconut scent.

Also +1 for the EL Bronze Goddess.

PdN Cococabana is a pretty coconut tuberose; also Hypnotic poison does have a coconut note in it, although I wouldn't consider it primarily a coconut frag.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Yves Rocher's Malaysian Coconut???

I quite like layering Yves Rocher's Malaysian Coconut over Sean John's I Am King to try and clone Creed's Virgin Island Water.

Its gives me the coconut and sweet tropical fruit accords I like during summer.

Check Carlos Santana, if you're on a budget. Pretty. I'm not sure if it'll work or if you'll find it too floral, but I think it's worth a look.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Basenotes Plus

My favorite coconut is Vanilla Coconut by Susanne Lang.
    Notes are Tahitian vanilla, coconut, pineapple, fig leaf
    and red torch ginger.

Can get it on susannelang.com or Luckyscent.

Hesperides by Essenze di Mezzanotte. I prefer this to Creed's Virgin Island Water. It lasts longer, for me is far better in the drydown and it's far cheaper at around £70 for 100ml.

The One Dolce&Gabanna, i feel so much coconut there.

Versace Crystal Noir has a rich coconut note

Blog Entries

I know it's kiddish but Harajuku Lovers G by Harajuku Lovers is a perfect coconut scent
    and Miss Balmain by Pierre Balmain ok there's leather in balmain but it's manly a coconut scent

Datura noir is all about tanning lotion for me

Vittoria Apuana by Profumi del forte has coconot (but a lot of other notes and not exactly cheap)
    Lavera Vanilla coconut is great (and cheap, but try to get it in Europe)
    Stacked style has a coconut fragrance (como crema)
    I think Unforgivable woman by Sean John has coconut too.

Virgin Island Water- Creed

I also vote for Virgin Island Water, but wasn't there a Bath and Body Works dupe called Coconut and Lime? Try that if you're on a budget.
    I'll also agree on Bronze Goddess if it's the upscale tanning oil scent that you really want. with that, the coconut is in the topnotes and once it reaches the base it's more of a gentle woody musk - very easy to wear every day.

I'd add a Fragonard fragrance to the mix: Miranda is seriously vanillic and coconutty. Edible but elegant. Very good stuff. And sexy as all hell, by the way.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

The CSP suggestions at the top of the thread are your best bets, if you want a distinctly coconut scent throughout. Not to get off topic, but you also really should give her a bottle of Coconut Skin Trip body lotion by Mountain Ocean. There is no more photorealistic coconut smell around, and it works well too. Would be great to layer under any coconut frag.

I am craving coconut baaaad. I may have to check some of these out. That SusanneLang sounds nice.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

Adding Coconut Milk by Sarah Horowitz. lt's available from lndiescents.com (not affiliated).
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

A few more suggestions:
    Coconut Tuberose No. 821 by Gap (leaning towards tuberose)
    Intense Tiare by Montale ( tiare flower, coconut, rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang and vanilla)
    Azuree Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent by Estée Lauder

Today I'm testing Paul Sebastian's Design for women. I had read that it was one of those drug store treasures that was underrated. I'm going into my 3rd hour with this and all I can smell is coconut, for me it is the sickening sweet coconut smell of the 60s-80s sun tan oil. I know some people love that "scent", I am not one of them. If anyone wants to relive that scent this is a very, very inexpensive way to do so. Thank goodness I only purchased the mini, I do like the simplicity of the bottle and the little red stopper is very art deco IMO. I wanted to love this but it is not giving me a migraine.

Basenotes Plus

I just placed Hypnotic Poison on my own Wishlist. I'm told it has coconut. I'm shooting for the discontinued EDP instead of the currently available EDT - due to longevity and silage issues.
    Versace Crystal Noir has coconut, I haven't tried that one yet.

You could try to get hold of some Vanille et Coco by
    E. Coudray (try e-bay.) It is basically what it says on the tin
    but very seductive and warm.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

+ 1 for the Sara Horowitz Coconut Milk. The oil, get the perfume oil...

Very pretty, it does have floral in a supporting role but it is very coconut and warm, smells good, not 'off', not loud, love this.

Budget, the EO brand makes a lemon/coconut body wash and lotion, these are nice. More lemon to my nose but good smells. Cheap, organic, pretty good quality.

Les Senteurs Gourmandes Vanille Monoi

Les Senteurs Gourmandes Vanille Bourbon

Hermes Santal Massoia
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Adding HdP Love Coco so it's on this list! Refreshing green not-too-sweet coconut with some coriander/cilantro....quite nice.

I agree with all that said Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess
    It seems perfect! Coconutty, beachy tanning lotion smell, and yet still sophisticated!

Banned
    Blog Entries

virgin island water

queen of the universe

High end: Mayotte by Guerlain
    Cheapie: Carlos Santana for Women
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Creeds Virgin Island Water has a great coconut vibe to it.

treeman5823

Turtle Vetiver Back.

I would llke to add that Comptoir Sud Pacifique carry some scents with coconut, too.

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess has amber with coconut.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco series... :

- Coco Extreme
    - Coco Figue
    - Vanille Coco
    All coconut prominent and all good.

I'd say EL Sensuous Nude, very gentle.

CSP Vanille Coco is a power vanilla bomb, way too much ...
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Stop the search. Please believe me when I say that what you need is BAHIANA, by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier.

It is a dry coconut perfume, with woods. Delicious. The coconut note is prominent. Just the way you want it.

LUSCIOUS PINK by Mariah Carey
    It's listed as a fruity-citrus-spicy-fresh scent. No coconut is listed in the notes, but EVERY TIME I wear this, I smell COCONUT!

treeman5823

Coconut. Samsara. How could I have forgotten Samsara? Polysantol gives it its coconut-woody profile. Then there is Hypnotic Poison by Annick Menardo, which has a clever astringent fruitiness hiding behind its (very) dense coconut-amber. Bond No. 9’s Fire Island, on the other hand, does not smell of coconut, yet somehow smells very much like sunscreen.

Lavanilla Vanilla Coconut is a pleasant coconut and vanilla scent.

Kenzo Homme Night is loaded with coconut.

Escada offer many coconut and fruity perfumes. Look for

Pacific Paradise
    Sunset Heat
    Rockin' Rio

and many others.

I don't believe that anyone has mentioned on this thread the Pillar and Lucy fragrance, the Exact Friction of the Stars. I never smelled anything so straightfoward on the coconut note. It smells like coconut ice cream. Really yummy.

Black Orchid also has to me a coconut vibe that reminds me of an alcoholic coconut smoothie.