Code of Conduct

Default Smelled someone else wearing A*men for the first time today..

...and WOW, this stuff is strong. I was getting out of my car and walking into school, and before I even got inside a HUGE wave of the stuff hit me. I didn't find out who was wearing it, but I do have a few thoughts on the fragrance:

1. I never tested it on my skin, but when I tested it on paper a while ago, I didn't get any gourmand notes whatsoever, just a very sticky sweet opening that didn't change at all.

2. When I smelled it today (and I'm guessing it was on skin) I still didn't get any gourmand notes but it was slightly smoother, whereas on paper it's extremely grating and sharp.

Either way, I probably wont be buying this any time soon. Not for me.

Thumbs down Re: Smelled someone else wearing A*men for the first time today..

It is potent and vile

Default Re: Smelled someone else wearing A*men for the first time today..

I won't go with vile...but it can be overwhelming indeed. Care must be exercised with this one iMO. Some people who like it, over do it.

On women, I don't care if they overdo Angel. It's like nectar to me on them. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Last edited by StylinLA; 5th February 2010 at 11:41 PM.

^^Well, one girl i know at work wears what i think is Angel, and i must say i could smell that from 10 feet away, it just raped my nose

One of the reasons why I really appreciate Basenotes is that poster(s) have gotten me more aware of a particular fragrances strength...whether it be too much potency ( easy on the trigger!) or lack of ( spray away !). Many times, a person is just unaware of how their fragrance performs. Too much sillage ? Who knows ? ....

I remember last spring when I sprayed a decant of A*Men at home. Someone in my house could smell it, and this is while I was in my room and they were in the family room. I knew they could smell it because they exclaimed to me that I had put far too much fragrance on ....of course, it was just one spray from the vial onto my skin.

A*Men just has too much sillage for me ( for day wear). At night, most likely perfetly fine, unless you are undercover or part of a sting opperation.....or running from the cops . Of course, one can always do what they deem fit for themselves.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

A*MEN, if sprayed with care becomes one of the best gourmands.

That's the thing though, I don't smell a gourmand, I just smell a super high pitched sickly sweet scent. Rochas man on the other hand...

Yes, care is the key word. Apply with care!

I think I'm the only guy in the world who feels this way, but at least on my skin A"Men has just moderate sillage and longevity, about the same as Yatagan. Though it's definitely not a light or subtle scent, I don't find it to be overwhelming at all. I get about 7 or 8 hours out of A*Men. I've never smelled A*Men being worn by another person (though I love the smell of Angel on a woman!).

I've said it before, but I'm still surprised at how much I like A*Men, considering how I can't stand gourmand scents.

A*Men is absoulety amazing 3 SPRAYS MAX.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I think I'm the only guy in the world who feels this way, but at least on my skin A"Men has just moderate sillage and longevity, about the same as Yatagan. Though it's definitely not a light or subtle scent, I don't find it to be overwhelming at all. I get about 7 or 8 hours out of A*Men. I've never smelled A*Men being worn by another person (though I love the smell of Angel on a woman!).

I've said it before, but I'm still surprised at how much I like A*Men, considering how I can't stand gourmand scents.
    You are not alone man...When I got my bottle of A*Men and applied 5 sprays and went out, I kept thinking to myself what was the whole big deal about the legendary A*Men sillage. I mean for the first 30mins it was very potent but after that it settles very well. Even my gf was asking me why I applied so little of a new scent.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 7th February 2010 at 03:26 AM.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Same for me. I would say for people with sillage problem try to spray just under the shirt this way the sillage is not nuclear for me.

1 or 2 spray max , just apply with care.

You are not alone. I am a fan of A*Men but it noway has the sillage and power that other describe here - one would think it has the power of Joop Homme.

I think with A*Men having such a rich opening and being sweet many think it is strong and overwhelming -

I really like A*Men. It opened me up for gourmands. First time I smelled it I was like "whoah."
    Didn't even like it at first, actually.
    Last edited by Vladdypwnz; 7th February 2010 at 03:41 AM.

A*Men smells like cotton candy when first sprayed.

On me, A*MEN has huge sillage and projection that's why I do one spray on my neck and one on chest 1hour before I leave the house. It's insanely great.