Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Saturday 6 February -10

Good morning all Off to work in Tam Dao. Hope this will be an excellent day for everyone
    Hmm...turned out that Tam Dao wasn't my sotd after all...I ended up with Jicky instead.More proper for s'n's too
    Last edited by ineespenes; 6th February 2010 at 08:27 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SOTD Saturday 6 February -10

Hello all !

Black Orchid by Tommie Ford.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Dzing! for me today.

Leather, leather and more intense leather. I also get creamy sweet floral after 6 hours wearing it.
    Like strolling in a zoo with a bouquet and cotton candy in my hands.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Another day in YSL Nu EdP.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Ungaro II

Civet-laden goodness for SnS (animalics) Saturday....
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Ambre Narguile for boring shopping on a damp and grey day.

Yves St. Laurent "Y" for a trip to the hairdressers and then a shopping trip.
    This green chypre is just too beautiful for words. It's the kind of scent that
    in Del Boy's words would "knock 'em bandy!"

Kewart- I love you.
    [And Y , too ]

Skanky at work, in Madame X.
    It loves me back-
    Luca and Mr. Malle both enjoyed it on me; when I sent Vero samples years ago, she liked it so much, I sent her a big ole bottle for her birthday ;-)

Hugs to my dearests who continue to struggle...
    I'm with you.
    Eventually- this has GOT to pass !

Make it goooooood.

The lovely Hasu-no-Hana from Grossmith will be my scent of today.

Today Escentric 02 from a sample.
    Last night Comme des Garçons Patchouli. A very hard experience but satisfactory.

Eva Pasco

Good morning!

When I get my party started, it will be Elizabeth Taylor's Gardenia.

May your weekend veer from the ordinary long enough to embrace unconventional, impractical, or unusual pursuits...

For today's SnS, Montale Dew Musk, from a sample...

Orange Blossom, Pomegranate, Musk, Patchouly, Ylang-Ylang

I get no flowers, no fruits, no pachouli... Only MUSK!!!! And it's skanky...

My samples, ordered ages ago i seems (well certainly weeks at least), have not arrived in time for SnS animalics. If they come later today, Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, Bandit, and Cuir d'Iris will be tested. If not, I'll throw on some Bal a Versailles or Jolie Madame or Yatagan.

For now I'll start the day with something non-animal... Lalique's quantum singularity of green, Encre Noire.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Chaya, I very nearly picked Madame X this morning. Couldn't decide between that, AL Chypre Noir or Film Noir. So I picked Bal a Versailles. Go figure! Might wear some Madame later today, though.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

The 80s powerhouse Balenciaga Portos today for SnS
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

Blizzard. Ugh.

Eau D’Hermès for SnS. Love the aromatic, hesperidic opening that slides into dry, warm, animalic notes.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Saturday 6 February -10

wish a great weekend everyone

Dominique Ropion 's

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Dependent

Blessed Weekend, Ladies and Gents. SOTE:

L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR
    Vanilia

Basenotes Plus

Une Rose.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Pasco View Post
    May your weekend veer from the ordinary long enough to embrace unconventional, impractical, or unusual pursuits...
    Eva, I love your posts every day, but this one's perfect for an Animalic SnS Saturday.

I'm snowed in!! Got two feet of the stuff just last night!! So I'm going to be shoveling... a lot...

... BUT I'll be doing it in ...

Le Labo Rose 31

(Thank you, Asha! ) This potion's potent enough to melt some snow on its own! And I gotta get my skank on now, because it'd feel a little out of place at my nephew's first birthday party.

Chaya, honey, hugs and snuggles.

And that goes for you too!
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

Sur la Plage

I am traveling this weekend, so don't have my full arsenal with me. So the closest I have to animalic is Yves Saint-Laurent Kouros. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Top notes: Laurel, Artemisia, Coriander, Bergamot
    Middle notes: Carnation, Cinnamom, Geranium, Jasmine
    Base notes: Vetiver, Patchouli, Amber, Musk

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good Saturday morning to everyone. So glad to see the sun shining again in this part of the world.

Am wearing Enlèvement au Sérail from Parfums MDCI. I love the way it feels warm and embracing w/o overtaking the room.

Mitsuoko - Guerlain
    Wishlist is pointless.

I'm wearing Jicky edt for animalic Sniff 'n Speak this morning. This is my favorite form of Jicky. It's bright and clear and uplifting, with just a hint of skanky civet to make it earthy. It lasts a long time on me, and gets more intensely vanillic & animalic with time rather than fading away. I fell in love with Jicky edt at first sniff last year, or maybe it was the year before that. It's in my top ten list of desert island fragrances.

Then, I was craving patchouli yesterday because I passed a woman in the grocery store who was wafting pure hippie patchouli behind her. That's a smell I love, although I don't really like fragrances that have that heavy patchouli blast. I once had a patcholi plant and that was nice. So now I'm craving pure patchouli oil, but I don't have any. What I do have, however, thanks to Ubu, is a decant of Keiko Mecheri's Patchoulissime, which is the prettiest patchouli fragrance I've ever smelled. Patchouli smells like a warm stable to me, so in my book it also qualifies as animalic, even if it isn't animal in origin.

Hugs to everybody ailing, feeling down, or as sick of winter as I am. Chins up, spring will be here soon. ♥ xo

Lilybelle! I'm wafting right back at you in the glorious gift you sent my way ~ Bal a Versailles! I'm a womanly skank-o-rama...

Basenotes Institution

Ambre Nuit by Christian Dior

So yeah. I'm in love with this stuff.

Oh sh*t, I forgot about SnS Day today...will have to reach for something skanky later on.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 6th February 2010 at 03:27 PM.

Our family received some great news today so we're so happy. Tomorrow I undergo another medical procedure so must be fumie-free again.....the nervousness and excitement continues.

Scent for today, VC&A Bois d'Iris.

Have a wonderful day everyone!~
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

ooops, I forgot it's S&S today! Okay, I didn't spritz yet.....I'll go for Daim Blonde
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Design PH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miller Harris L'Air de Rien for sniffa. Mmmmmm.... cozy! I know it has been compared to dirty knickers but what can I say? For me this is definitely a 'your milage may very' scent. I find it smells like your own reasonably clean, toasty warm body when you wake up on a Sunday morning and you're snuggled up under your duvet in your flannel PJs. Sexy bedhead perfume.

Lovethescents - good luck for tomorrow. x
    Kewart - you made me laugh out loud!
    Chaya - I bet you are turning heads in Madame X today. I am picturing you in that and hot pink scrubs, with your honeyed voice saying something hilarious and vaguely shocking. Mwa! Who bets Chaya gets at least one mystery valentine's card this year?
    Joe - Kouros is the full-throated yodel of the 19 year old boys I used to go dancing with back in the 80s. I absolutely love that scent, it's so warm and comforting.
    Squiz - Oooh, have YOU got some digging to do! Mind you, if you're wearing Rose Poivree you might find you get admirers lining up to help you. (I'm sure Daniel would be front of the queue though.)

Have a lovely day and waft that skank!
    love to all
    x
    Last edited by Wordbird; 6th February 2010 at 04:02 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

YSL's Nu for me (again!) today.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Blog Entries

Wearing Noor from a sample sent by a generous Basenoter. Initially I liked the woodiness but an hour later, the musk is getting to me . Fortunately I only dabbed. Unfortunately it will probably linger all day if I don't scrub it off.

Edit:

Replaced with Yardley English Rose.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 6th February 2010 at 05:48 PM.

Evening all,

I can still smell hints of Bandit from this morning. The highlight of my day was ten minutes ago when my husband came home from Paris (he's been there working) with four different samples from Serge Lutens!. Since living in the only village fine perfume forgot, this is my second Lutens experience ever.

At the moment I'm sampling Chergui on one hand and Five O'Clock au Gingembre on the other. Tomorrow it's Ambre Sultan. I've got the best hubby!

Another day with Creed's Millesime Imperial
    Gary

Today it was Jean Patou's Cocktail...a little bit too classy for me,but that bottle is soooo "ohmygodhowpretty"!

Basenotes Plus

Switched to Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia after a bath.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Blog Entries

L'heure Bleue EDP.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 6th February 2010 at 07:18 PM.

The gorgeous Angel, by Thierry Mugler. :_

Scanky, like most of us, and pursuing impractical and unusual, as per advice -- all in timeless Paco Rabanne La Nuit.

Have a nice weekend and you folks who are blanketed in snowmageddon -- stay cozy!

MKK for me today. I think that I will go on a musk binge!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

L'Artisan Tea For Two this evening.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I'm wearing one of my favorite leathers for S&S: Cuir Mauresque. love love love
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Smelly Sister to Lessa in BAL A VERSAILLES for Skanky SnS....was gonna switch to Kingdom or even La Nuit (waves to Wolfie) for c'est soir but this stuff lasts forEVER.

And it's only the Cologne!!

Wuggles and smooches to the troubled in heart and forlorn - and evvybuddy else!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Blog Entries

Creed - Royal Water

Notes include: Fresh Citrus infusion with Peppermint,
    Juniper Berry, Basil and a hint of Musk.
    A universal scent for both men and women.
    Last edited by kumquat; 6th February 2010 at 10:34 PM.

Dzing! sugar & leather.

Scent Twins with my dear Taolady in Bal a Versailles, my deareparted Mom's OTHER signature scent after Zadig, and much more my speed, personally.

Bal a Versailles notes: Jasmine, rose, sandalwood, patchouli, musk, amber, and civet.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 6th February 2010 at 11:33 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Y'all smell wonderful!

For SnS, it's "Leatherpalooza" over here: Piguet Bandit, SL Cuir Mauresque, Chanel Cuir de Russie and Caron Tabac Blond. Whoo-whee!
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

So In Love by VS
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Jicky EDT for SnS.

(((3xAsif)))
    Evenstar

Forgot about the SnS today; wearing PdN Maharadjah. Take care, all.

I had all kinds of grand plans for SnS today...but then I woke up feeling nauseated again, so I went with something safe, Chanel Eau de Cologne. Later in the day, I tried Profumo Mecca Balsam side by side with Profumo Bazaar...interestingly, the Bazaar was way more boozy than I remembered. Tonight, I am trying to salvage at least part of the day for some skank, am wearing Shalimar extrait.

'Twas a long but rewarding day at hula class. An animalic didn't seem right for the occasion, so I went for Fleur de Liane.

I hope you feel better soon Asha. Maybe some ginger ale will help.

I wore Cuir de Lancome today (bergamot, mandarin, iris, jasmine, aubepine, birch, styrax and saffron) and tonight this old skank is going out in Claudie Pierlot Mon Premier (cinnamon, clove, bergamot, sandalwood, ylang-ylang, cardamom, coriander, cumin, patchouli, and nutmeg). The former is an easy-to-wear leather with a hint of skank. The latter has the merest suggestion of leather and a spicy skankiness that is about as subtle as a wink and a wiggle.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 7th February 2010 at 03:31 AM.

Asha,

I hope you feel better soon.

I survived Jicky EDT. It was too much lavender at first spray, but the dry down is divine. I think I will try EdP, less lavender, and we'll see if I survive the civet.
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 7th February 2010 at 03:51 AM.
    Evenstar

So late I missed out on the SnS. This morning it was Donna Karan Chaos (love the warm sandalwood!) and this evening I tried my sample of CB I Hate Perfume Black March. Yikes! It smells like an earthworm. No, it is exactly like what BEING an earthworm must smell like. The earthworm smell fades after a while, so I had to put some more on just to have the earthworm experience again.

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    ...I think I will try EdP, less lavender, and we'll see if I survive the civet.
    Arwen_elf, I like the Jicky EdP. I think I'll get out my sample and wear it to bed!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Elly View Post
    S...this evening I tried my sample of CB I Hate Perfume Black March. Yikes! It smells like an earthworm. No, it is exactly like what BEING an earthworm must smell like. The earthworm smell fades after a while, so I had to put some more on just to have the earthworm experience again.
    Ooh, Doc Elly, you remind me that I have a sample of Black March and need to try it soon! I hate worms, but love the smell of dirt.

Hello dear BNers...wanted to join in the SnS today - but I've had the worst headache, and all smells are amplified to the point where I feel queasy. Wah.

Hug from me to 3xasif...plus a round to all of you.

Wish the weekend could last a bit longer...

Pour Monsieur (Chanel)