Code of Conduct

Angry New Chrome Sport - it's a rip off!

Today I sampled the new addition to the Azzaro Chrome stable by Clarins and what a shocker! Well not really as to how things have been going lately.

About two years ago (don't quote me) Thierry Mugler also launched a Summer Flash edition of Mugler Cologne along with Angel Men at the time. We all know that Angel Men Summer Flash was repackage and sold as Ice Men. Well it looks like the folks at Clarins Group repackaged Summer Flash Cologne changed the color to blue and are selling it as Chrome Sport.

Wow A+ for originality!

Default Re: New Chrome Sport - it's a rip off!

So that explains the glut of Ice*Men bottles for 15 bucks at Marshalls around Christmas time!
    I refuse to sink.

With the economy in such problems I can't believe these companies launch this kind of fragrance.....It just does not make any sense to me at all.....Gary

^How do you figure?
    I figure Chrome sport to be a huge moneymaker.
    Do you know how many people love chrome?
    And attach the word sport to an updated version of their favorite, sharing strength and freshness...
    ...it's a can't miss, provided they took this much time to get the fragrance just right for the "sport" moniker.

Well, if it smells similar to Mugler Cologne (which I already have), I guess I have no reason to buy it.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Well, if it smells similar to Mugler Cologne (which I already have), I guess I have no reason to buy it.

I think he meant it smells like ICE-Men Summer flash cologne. Not like Mugler cologne. They are two different scents.

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    I think he meant it smells like ICE-Men Summer flash cologne. Not like Mugler cologne. They are two different scents.
    No - it smells like the Mugler Cologne Summer Flash -

Tried it today. This is the more masculine (but not masculine in whole) version of Versace Man Eau Fraiche with a touch of ginger (like in Dior Homme Sport) that makes fragrance stronger and more woody. The sillage and longevity are more than average. The scent is not connected with the original Chrome, so I would name the new one Versace Man Eau Fraiche Intense (lol), but not Chrome Sport.

The fragrance is not original, but not bad at the same time. It is rather pleasant and tasty, but I think some of men would dislike Chrome Sport because of its femininity.

P. S. Definitely the real D&G Light Blue Pour Homme had to smell like this.
    Last edited by AntonPan; 5th April 2010 at 01:01 PM.

As long as I don't read rave reviews about a "sport" fragrance, I will stay away as far as possible from it. I hate this kind of marketing.

I obtained a sample of this today.

It smells exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, like Versace Man Eau Fraiche. There is absolutely no discernible difference to my nose, except for perhaps a dash of black pepper in the drydown.

I have absolutely no doubt that Azzaro set out to copy Eau Fraiche as closely as possible, as that fragrance has become extremely popular recently.

Nice fragrance, but a total rip-off of Versace.

I loved eau Fraiche
    I think I might have to try this one out
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

If it's Eau Fraiche with better longevity kudos to Azzaro
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

So, i have to try it soon!! sounds great. With so many crappy releases this could be an option to test.

Chome... everything/anything is a rip off in my opinion! Get Curve instead...

I like Azzaro Chrome Sport. OK, it doesn't last as long as Chrome. But what they have done is take the impression of the basenote of Chrome and made that the opening notes of Chrome Sport. It tests well, and smells great for the first two hours. Then it just goes away. Chrome's topnotes are too harsh, but Chrome Sp. begins its topnotes where the basenotes of Chrome end. Chrome Sport is overall a much milder scent. Buy Chrome Sport for its first two hours and regular Chrome for its last 4 hours.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 21st April 2010 at 12:49 AM.

Doesn't Clarins own Azzaro and Mugler's perfumes? Don't see how that's a rip off if they just use an old formula.

I received my bottle today. I find it very similar to Versace Eau Fraiche, but less green.
    I liked, and it last and project better than Eau Fraiche.

As a friend above said, Versace Eau Intense.
    Last edited by d4N13L; 30th July 2011 at 12:55 PM.

I got similarities with Dior Homme Sport, mainly because of the ginger. As a fan of that note, I pretty much appreciated Chrome Sport. Perfect for gym or to a walk out on the park. Bought the second bottle to stock as I heard It was discontinued already.

Discontinued after 1 year? Thats so fast! A good fragrance, but i will not back up if the discontinuation get confirmed

It's OK but I found it somewhat generic.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    Doesn't Clarins own Azzaro and Mugler's perfumes? Don't see how that's a rip off if they just use an old formula.
    I think the OP is not accusing them of copying, but actually using the same formulation. WHich would mean they are ripping off consumers by presenting this product as something new, when its not.