Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone ever used perfumes.bg?

I came across this site and wonder if it is legit. A simple google search shows that they are located in Bulgaria.

The free shipping that they offer is really enticing.

Default Re: Has anyone ever used perfumes.bg?

Edit: Please note that I have since received written reassurance on 15 Jan 2010 that Perfumes.bg are not affiliated with Dreamstorage.

Original post:
    My advise is to stay well away from this site.
    The layout and design of the site is too hauntingly similar to another potentially sham site called dreamstorage.net which is run by Bulgarian crooks.
    See the following complaints et al concerning dreamstorage :

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...e-c211436.html

Stick with tried-and-true sites and sleep better at night.
    Last edited by Manuel; 16th February 2010 at 08:37 PM.

o.O

Ok, I placed an order just now (though it was only 10 pounds) with paypal. What should I do now? I think the money went through already.

Edit: Please note that I have since received written reassurance on 15 Jan 2010 that Perfumes.bg are not affiliated with Dreamstorage.

Original post:
    Contact PayPal and try to cancel through them; perhaps with a brief explanation about this being a possible scam site.
    It may seem that I'm jumping to conclusions with this one (in which case I send my deepest apologies to perfumes.bg), but the similarities are too great. BTW, Dreamstorage used to have a PayPal option too but PayPal eventually cut their services to this site in the midst of all the crookedness.

Perfumes.bg may very well be Dreamstorage.net trying to reinvent itself. You may want to explain this also since PayPal should be aware of Dreamstorage being a problem site.
    Last edited by Manuel; 15th February 2010 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Contact PayPal and try to cancel through them; perhaps with a brief explanation about this being a possible scam site.
    It may seem that I'm jumping to conclusions with this one (in which case I send my deepest apologies to perfumes.bg), but the similarities are too great. BTW, Dreamstorage used to have a PayPal option too but PayPal eventually cut their services to this site in the midst of all the crookedness.

Perfumes.bg may very well be Dreamstorage.net trying to reinvent itself. You may want to explain this also since PayPal should be aware of Dreamstorage being a problem site.
    Thanks for your help, I just sent an email to paypal and an email to perfumes.bg asking to cancel my order. I believe your observations are correct and the two sites are affiliated.

I'm glad I didn't place a huge order.

Please note that I have since received written assurance on 15 Jan 2010 that Perfumes.bg are not affiliated with Dreamstorage.

I want to be fair so I am bumping this thread so any Basenoter who read this thread before will have the opportunity to see the update.

I am keeping the original posts up, with edits, because although Perfumes.bg are apparently now 'off the radar', I believe the info on this thread is still relvant in the fact that we, as consumers, need to know and inform one another of problem sites, sites with 'red flags' and reasons why -unless Grant of other moderaters feel otherwise of course!

Perfumes.bg wrote me the following:

Dear Manuel,

Here is the Administrator of Perfumes.bg.

Regarding to post: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/245...g?goto=newpost

We want to inform that we have bought the Store and Design from this company and we are not involved with them. You are maybe also aware of that because we are 100% sure that you have never problems with us.

We will be happy if you can remove your post. We will also write to the administrator of this website.

Regards,
    Nayden

please why would someone buy "store and design" yet not their fake knockoffs? That is absurd... anyway the perfumes.bg is still in operation anyway? how do they explain that?!?!

Perfumes.bg is supposed to be the legit site that bought out Dreamstorage. Either way your question still stands quite valid.
    My wife asked the same exact question when she read the PM.
    BTW, I checked Dreamstorage.net and the site is still functioning (although with the label as a "demo-store"). Go figure...

I received the same message from the site. I really don't know what to make of all this, hopefully someone who has personally dealt with the store will have an answer for us.

Were you ever able to cancel your order in time, Ete?

Dear Customers,

Here is the answers of your questions:
    - We have bought the design and store because currently the company is in Liquidation and they offer us great price.
    - Regarding products, we resell about 10,000 different products which is certified.

Regarding the customer who open this thread, we will be happy if he can share his experience with us.

At all, we will appreciate closing and removing of this thread because we did not want to be associated with this fraud company and currently this is rising our reputation.

If this can't be done from the administrators, a legal proceedings will follow. We expect a follow up email stating that it has been removed!

Regards,
    Nayden
    Perfumes Ltd.

Perfumes.bg I think on a legal standpoint, you can go pound sand. There is no direct defamation of your company on this thread, only a few concerns that are being discussed publicly. We're just having a conversation here!
    Perhaps in Bulgaria you deal with matters differently, and don't allow discussion??
    Your image is for the most part being exonerated on this thread. If your business practices are conducted fairly, a thread like this will better serve to your benefit. Potential customers researching your company may stumble upon this thread and see that you run a safe site and are NOT affiliated with Dreamstorage -why not use it to your advantage??

Basenotes has a lot of members and we are always searching out new perfume sellers. If any of us has a good experience with your company we will gladly spread the good word. Free advertising!!!
    Last edited by Manuel; 16th February 2010 at 08:35 PM.

If you bought the site from this other company then you will be associated with them. This thread in fact helps clarify the situation and if as you say you are "100% sure that you have never problems with us." then your reputation will show.

Deleting the thread would make people suspicious.
    Last edited by Grant; 16th February 2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: (I hadn't seen Manuel's reply while I typed this)

Dear Manuel,

We did not mind anyone of the customers to share their experience with us.

We are not comfortable with thread who is saying: This companies are associated (Posted by you). This is pointing the customers into direction to think and believe in that, and we did not want this type Free advertising.

Also, we did not believe that posts like "Report this company to PayPal" and "Stay away" (without any experience with perfumes.bg) will help us at all.

We will be happy the administrators to end that drama, otherwise we will are in need to inform our solicitors.

Regards,
    Nayden
    Perfumes Ltd.

Exclamation Re: Has anyone ever used perfumes.bg?

Quote Originally Posted by Perfumes.bg View Post
    Dear Manuel,

We did not mind anyone of the customers to share their experience with us.

We are not comfortable with thread who is saying: This companies are associated (Posted by you). This is pointing the customers into direction to think and believe in that, and we did not want this type Free advertising.

Also, we did not believe that posts like "Report this company to PayPal" and "Stay away" (without any experience with perfumes.bg) will help us at all.

We will be happy the administrators to end that drama, otherwise we will are in need to inform our solicitors.

Regards,
    Nayden
    Perfumes Ltd.
    The suspicion was reasonable due to overwhealming similarities.
    We practice a right of speech to warn of potential hazards that may require further investigation.
    I made sure to use terms such as "may be", "similar", "possible" and "potentially". These are not incriminationg terms.
    In all fairness, I posted your message of assurance for others to see and I edited all my past posts with updated info in your favor.

When I mentioned "free advertising" I was referring to pleased customers passing the good word around, not the downward spiral of this thread.

Now, go grab a piece of fat and slide off.
    Last edited by Manuel; 16th February 2010 at 11:00 PM.

Lol, the nerve of some guys.

Registrant:
    Radi Naydenov
    Dugan Hisar 7
    Haskovo, 6300
    Bulgaria

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: DREAMSTORAGE.NET
    Created on: 27-May-08
    Expires on: 27-May-10
    Last Updated on: 09-May-09

You aware that having false information for your domain is illegal?
    Last edited by steve_123; 17th February 2010 at 08:01 PM.

hi Radi , when will you give Peter his money back from your old company Dreamstorage.. stay away from anything to do with Radi Nayden/Naydenov.
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 10th March 2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: personal information removed

Angry Re: Has anyone ever used perfumes.bg?

Quote Originally Posted by Ete View Post
    I came across this site and wonder if it is legit. A simple google search shows that they are located in Bulgaria.

The free shipping that they offer is really enticing.
    Yes, I have shopped with Perfumes.bg. Please DO NOT SHOP WITH THEM. You will encounter nothing but misery, and when you eventually receive your fragrance, you will immediately realise that you have just paid top dollar for a COUNTERFEIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I have bought from them, and never received the items I ordered.

I am not happy.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Yikes! That site is still up & running??
    It's a real shameful scam that they run. Is there a way more people can be warned?

As long as there are laws in Bulgaria that make scamming people for money illegal, fraud, whatever, they are just as likely to go to jail as somebody who lives right next door to you in the U.S.

With a little searching the net, a little time and effort, contact Godaddy who is their web hoster, inform them of what's going on. I'm sure it's a violation of user agreement between the site creator and Godaddy. If you want to get more justice, contact some cyber crimes divisions and hopefully they will forward the information over to the corresponding law enforcement in that persons area.

I myself have gotten closure after being ripped off from other sites outside of the US. I've since learned my lesson, but it's always a risk with the internet.

Although they are trading as Perfumes.bg I bought my Armani scent through Scentmall's website (same company), which no longer exists. The casing on my Armani scent fell apart after first use, and was poorly put together. If thats not bad enough, I suspect the perfume is also fake. I have had no response from three emails to perfumes.bg about a replacement or refund. I have complained to the uk and European consumer centres and to my Visa company. Visa won't even consider a refund unless it is returned first and also an independent report obtained as to whether it was genuine or not. I'm not going to spend more money on a report than it cost for the perfume nor am I going to spend money on shipping it back only for it to be chucked in a bin somewhere in Bulgaria. Pointless. So much for protection for uk customers. Learn from others' mistakes. Please don't let this fraud continue by buying from either company.

Angry Re: Has anyone ever used perfumes.bg?

Yes I have - and I am not happy.

I ordered a bottle of Chanel No. 5 as a present for my wife and when it arrived I was immediately suspicious. It wasn't paacked properly, just put into a padded enveloped so when it arrived it was bashed about and had leaked. On inspection the box was not a Chanel box but an obvious fake. The bottle itself was of a poor quality and the perfume, although similar to Chanel, was definitely Chanel. I contacted my credit card company and they told me that I had to:

1. Return the perfume to the company in Bulgaria
    2. Print out a copy of the web page for proof
    3. Get an independant assessment of the perfume to prove it is a fake
    4. Wait 15 days and if I have heard nothing get back in touch with the credit card company

What a shambles international law is! It seems to be on the side of the criminal and not the victims.

So my experience has shown me two things, firstly not to buy from abroad unless I am 100% sure of the comapny and the goods, and secondly that so-called credit card protection is somewhat dubious.

On a plus side, as I live in the UK I was able to take the perfume along to myu local Debenhams store who confirmed that the perfume was a fake and wrote a letter saying just that. I shall not just lie back and let this go, I shall continue to fight to get my money back and hopefully to stop this company from trading.

If anyone from Perfumes.bg is reading this then I would ask them one question, how can they possibly continue to sell fake copies of products and not be expected to found out? Either they are fools or the laws in Bulgaria need looking at.

Don't be fooled by this site. I have waited since before christmas for an order. It was only when I stared to delve deeper I discovered it was a scam. I have now informed my bank & fortunately it looks like they will reimburse me the money I lost. Others may not be so lucky.

My advice, don't touch this site with a barge pole.

I paced an oreder from Perfumes.bg dba Scent Mall, my credit card was charged $8.00 more than the price I agreed to pay. After 4 weeks not having recieved my order I e-mailed customer support and recieved a tracking number. The US postal service told me no such tracking number existed in their system. They now will not answer a phone number listed in New York or respond to my e-mails therefore I contested the charge with my credit card getting a refund. I believe this to be a bogus organization ripping people off, I am sure they will disappear when too many others dispute charges.

David Maitland
    Order #34589
    Tracking #RI064231130BG

I was lucky in that I eventually received some perfume after waiting 6 weeks. It was not what I had ordered, it turned out to be a defunct Chanel product but it was genuine. I decided there was no point in pursuing the matter. I cut my loses & kept the perfume.
    Moral of this tale, stick with a company you know

Unhappy Re: Has anyone ever used perfumes.bg?

I shopped a rarity, from Scent Mall about five months ago. They've taken the agreed amount twice from my account and sent a Chanel Egoist instead (according to forums they sent Chanel Egoist to most of the people). I'm not expert to judge whether it's fake, but it's quite plasticy, feels cheap. The communication with their customer service was very smooth at the beginning. They suggested I should send the wrong perfume back and once they recieve it they will post the correct one. Off course I wanted them to make up for their fault first. Their replies were very polite but completely ignored the problems I had pointed out. Then all of a sudden the answers stopped coming. I searched the forums for advice, then I emailed the European Consumer Centre in Sofia. I could not rest so while waiting I filed a case with the FBI's cyber crime unit IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Centre) in January 2011, got a case number, but they still haven't got back to me. The Consumer Centre in Sofia answered my email since, saying I should send the perfume back, because there is a new Managing Director to Perfumes.BG who's willing to cooperate regarding customer complaints. I have never sent it back because I want to keep it as evidence when FBI gets back to me.

..and a few days ago I shopped from Essence Store for the first time. I checked my bank statement to see my transactions and guess what I found! PERFUMES.BG !!! Now it's too late to cancel. I'm waiting to see what happens and I will let you know!

oh i was just about to make a purchase off this site... luckily I used my trusty basenotes to get the REAL story. I'm sure the perfume would be genuine (who would counterfeit elizabeth lauder brasil dream for men?) but the litigious tone of their posts and the unanimously bad experiences by all who've posted have stopped me. (however some of the people above are whinging a little too much. Have they never heard of buyer beware. The one who whinges about international law is the funniest. THere's like war crimes and human trafficking that cant be stopped, and he's worrying about his $60? give me a break!)