Code of Conduct

Default Help with a difficult fragrance request

I doubt I'm going to have any luck with this one, but why note give it a go, right? I've figured out that I absolutely love the "morning after" remnants of a fragrance's drydown. I love when every single possible top and middle note is long gone, and I have that soft unadulterated vanilla or benzoin or sandalwood left, clinging ever so closely to the skin, I just love it. Two in particular that give me this are Histoires de Parfum 1725, which has the most beautiful light vanilla traces at the end, I couldn't stop sniffing my skin until it was gone, and Vetiver Oriental, which has a similar drydown for me. I'm wondering if anyone has ever experienced this earlier in a fragrance's progression?

Also, I'm keen on trying Jaipur Homme EDP, but don't recall it being at my Macy's where the EDT is, and was wondering if anyone knows what store generally has it.

Thanks guys.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Default Re: Help with a difficult fragrance request

My Macy's has both the edt and edp of Jaipur Homme but you have to ask to see the edp tester (frosted glass).

While you're there check out D&G The One which on me at least has abysmal longevity unless I drench myself in it. If I just do one or two sprays however it's a light vanillic wood skin scent that is very approximate to the "morning after" effect you describe and I am also a fan of with certain stronger frags.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

You might find what you are looking for in many of the orientals and sweeter chypres, i.e. Tiffany for Men, Habit Rouge, 3rd man, etc....

Nostalgia has a very short top and head note duration and its drydown is very close to VO at least on my skin.

I do this all the time with JHL...I can't get over how it lasts into the next day with it's ambery/floral drydown...it's really exquisite.
    ďI wanna say something. Iím gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you donít, send it right backÖ."

Jaipur Pour Homme is a bit pricey for Macys I think. I've seen it here in L.A. at both Bloomingdales and Nieman Marcus. BUT, I've never looked specifically for the EdP.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 12th February 2010 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Jaipur Pour Homme is a bit pricey for Macys I think. I've seen it here in L.A. at both Bloomingdales and Nieman Marcus. BUT, I've never looked specifically for the EdP.
    They sell it at Nordstrom South Coast Plaza (both EDT and EDP). They ship free anywhere.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 12th February 2010 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Also, I'm keen on trying Jaipur Homme EDP, but don't recall it being at my Macy's where the EDT is, and was wondering if anyone knows what store generally has it.
    I've also just seen it at Macy's here in New York...just last week I was testing Boucheron PH EDP (which I had to ask for because they had the tester behind glass)...I saw Jaipur PH EDT and EDP testers there too.
    ďI wanna say something. Iím gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you donít, send it right backÖ."

I think I'm gonna take a trip to the mall today, got nothing better to do. I've been meaning to retest the EDT of Jaipur again anyways, hopefully they have the EDP there as well. Is the difference between the two essentially in the weightiness of it or is there significant difference in the composition?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

It's amazing how the same stores differ from location to location. Obviously European and Asian department stores offer more interesting fare based on the "3 best dept store frags" thread, but neither of my midwestern-urban Neimans and Macys have ever heard of much less have in stock the Aramis Gentleman's Collection, just plain Aramis, while I've heard that Havana and JHL etc are available at other outlets around the country and are on the websites.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Vanilla is my weakness too, and done the Guerlain way, it's extremely addictive. I have no resistance left, then.

I live in a warmer climate and sleep shirtless often -- and I almost always spritz some Habit Rouge vintage EDC or Shalimar EDT on my chest before sleeping. Oh how I love the lingering wisps of the guerlinade on my skin the morning after.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Basenotes Plus

1725 is better than Jaipur Homme imo, but it is also much pricier.

I'm in 2 minds about Jaipur Homme EDT tho... I was gobsmacked the first time I sampled it but not the second. I'm not sure if ambient temperature has anything to do with it. Seems much smoother in cooler climates..
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 12th February 2010 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antaeusintheair View Post
    It's amazing how the same stores differ from location to location. Obviously European and Asian department stores offer more interesting fare based on the "3 best dept store frags" thread, but neither of my midwestern-urban Neimans and Macys have ever heard of much less have in stock the Aramis Gentleman's Collection, just plain Aramis, while I've heard that Havana and JHL etc are available at other outlets around the country and are on the websites.
    I know right? My Lord and Taylors blows, but I visited a much larger one closer to where I work, and I noticed that they had vintage bottles of JHL,900 and Devin.

Blog Entries

Back on topic, Creed's Sublime Vanille is just the Creed base.

That's way better than it sounds.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??