Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which is the best one to get overall?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allure Homme Sport

11 40.74%
  • Geir

6 22.22%
  • Versace PH

10 37.04%

Default Which one to get of these similar fragrances? Geir vs AHS vs Versace PH

They have their similarities and minor differences, I can't really tell which one lasts longer, their price range is a bit similar. I need a second opinion on which one to get.
    Thanks in advance.

Allure Homme Sport
    Geir
    Versace PH

Default Re: Which one to get of these similar fragrances? Geir vs AHS vs Versace PH

AHS. Geir gave my ex a headache. Versace isn't as sexy as AHS.

Default Re: Which one to get of these similar fragrances? Geir vs AHS vs Versace PH

which one do you think lasts longer?

Get VPH. I haven't tested them extensively enough to tell which lasts longer, but Geir gets nauseatingly sweet, and AHS has some mega-aldehydes up top, that just really ruin the whole composition, smells sort of like a wet paper bag. Stick with the VPH.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

and for some reason, VPH is cheaper online, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

The Versace lasts longer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jetrone View Post
    and for some reason, VPH is cheaper online, is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    Chanel prices aren't discounted as heavily as Versace fragrances. Allure Sport is a good all arounder and it's hard for a normal person to hate this one. Fresh, spicy, sweet. Warm and cooling. Versace Pour Homme seems suited for spring/summer (since it's in the vein of Acqua Di Gio, but with a slightly different twist and refinement). I assume the initial freshness was tied to Allure Homme Sport. Geir Ness has a potent floral top note that's somewhat refreshing. Then it warms up to this ambery spicy sweetness (I guess that's where you got AHS from?). This is an Eau du Parfum, so 1-3 sprays is good. Even on my skin (which seems to drink fragrances), 2 was more than enough. With 3, I can be smelled across the dinner table. AHS and VPH are safe buys, but Geir Ness is a definite try before you buy because it might be too strong for you compared to the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    Chanel prices aren't discounted as heavily as Versace fragrances. Allure Sport is a good all arounder and it's hard for a normal person to hate this one. Fresh, spicy, sweet. Warm and cooling. Versace Pour Homme seems suited for spring/summer (since it's in the vein of Acqua Di Gio, but with a slightly different twist and refinement). I assume the initial freshness was tied to Allure Homme Sport. Geir Ness has a potent floral top note that's somewhat refreshing. Then it warms up to this ambery spicy sweetness (I guess that's where you got AHS from?). This is an Eau du Parfum, so 1-3 sprays is good. Even on my skin (which seems to drink fragrances), 2 was more than enough. With 3, I can be smelled across the dinner table. AHS and VPH are safe buys, but Geir Ness is a definite try before you buy because it might be too strong for you compared to the other two.
    Thank you
    I've been collecting samples of these 3, Geir from Disney, and the other two from Sephora
    It's just my nose isn't trained enough to tell the difference from the 3.

Go with Allure Homme Sport

Sur la Plage

Geir is the only one worth owning of the three IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Geir is the only one worth owning of the three IMO.
    Agree 100% - but go easy on the trigger.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 12th February 2010 at 09:22 PM.

I own and love Geir. It's one of the fragrances that make me look forward to warm weather.

The others pale in comparison.

Geir is EdP strength. Lasts all day on me.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

I also own and Love Geir.....This is a fantastic scent!!!
    Gary

I prefere Allure Homme Sport. VPH's longevity is horrible on me (although I do like the scent itself), and Geir gives me a headache.

Blog Entries

I voted for Allure Homme.

There is no Competition...:P. Allure Sport!

Cheers and good luck!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

I like Versace PH the most. I agree with mtgprox that the aldehydes and some other funky note in AHS really ruin the composition. It's aimed at a younger crowd with its sweetness and relative smoothness. Versace PH is a great scent that has a great evolution - wonderful and tart citrus notes up top, a heart full of clary sage softened and sweetened slightly by some florals (orange blossom and something else), which then transitions to a wonderful cedar, oud, and tonka drydown which is only minimally sweet. The scent is decidedly masculine, very fresh and uplifting all throughout its development, and is quite a 'full' composition for a fresh/aquatic scent. It ends up being quite woody, actually, which makes it wearable (and enjoyable!) year round. It's especially nice in the doldrums of winter where its freshness and vibrancy uplift the spirit and the woods in the drydown feel full enough to satisfy. On the flipside, it is never too heavy to be worn in the heat.

The only drawback is the slightly synthetic feel of the later stages of the drydown, but that is true to all of the above scents to some degree. Geir, to me, smells almost exactly like 'generic fabric softener.' The most synthetic smelling of the bunch.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Geir: Too green. WAY too green.

Allure homme sport: if a fragrance has an "image", then the image of this fragrance is far too collegiate for my taste.

That leaves me with Versace pour homme, which I enjoy for all the same reasons SOS has already listed.
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 13th February 2010 at 07:46 AM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.