Code of Conduct

Default Habit Rouge reformulation

I finally got Habit Rouge in my wardrobe yesterday. It's the EdT and I have the EdC coming from a fellow BNer. It's difficult to get as it's no longer distributed locally and the scent type doesn't get much demand around here. Interestingly, I got a great surprise of finding Habit Rouge Light EdT at a Guerlain counter. The lemon makes it like a different scent although it's still HR just the way Shalimar Light is to the good-ol' Shalimar.

Now, I'd like to know the reformulation version of the HR EdT I got. The box looks different from what I've seen on the net. The copyright says 1980. Is the juice identical to the current reformulation?

Default Re: Habit Rouge reformulation

No that version of HR isn't the same as the current stuff, at least all of the other Guerlain's with that box have preformulated juice

Basenotes Institution

I agree - that juice you got is NOT the same as the current EdT which comes in a box that looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/Habit-Rouge-Gu...5562567&sr=8-1

You actually got the first edition EdT (label with vertical white/gold lines). A really nice, quite rare find these days!

thanks Mr. G... before of your tip about the vintage fragrance, i scored a good deal on exactly this version though tester bottle of HR with 2 white and golden vertical lines..i have another pre-reformulated bottle..(the square boundary around the label) and this juice is even darker than that..the color is so similar to the new extrait version