Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Best Bottle Design in the Universe!

It's definitely Body Kouros..a LEATHER overtone when you grab it, dark and black, does anything trump that? The Creeds are just glass/metallic which suck, BK has a black leather glove mold all around it, making it the best bottle

I rest my case.

Default Re: Best Bottle Design in the Universe!

i think not

Yea man, BK blows. Terrible design IMO.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

The Body Kouros bottle is hideous. It looks like it's going to tip over at any moment. I hate that bottle.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Agreed. The juice itself is awesome stuff, and I should probably buy a bottle of it soon, but the bottle itself is nothing special at all.

I don't really have any specific bottle from my collection that really stands out, they're all very boxy and "traditional". B*Men with the nice red start that stands out is probably the most interesting, but it's nothing special.

What? Hideous? On the contrary. what else trumps it, then? Creed? It's just metallic...what I love about BK is that it has a grip to it when you hold it.

Bulgari Aqua is the only other good bottle that comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    What? Hideous? On the contrary. what else trumps it, then? Creed? It's just metallic...what I love about BK is that it has a grip to it when you hold it.

You're joking right. Of course Creed bottles are better. There's a simplicity and cleanliness to their design that is very appealing. I can't believe you picked Aqua as you're other favorite, that too has a poor design.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

lol it sounds like you only know those 3 bottles,

this one owns BK in all aspects

Dudester!, here's a hint. Just because you love a fragrance, does not mean that every other peripheral aspect of the fragrance (box, bottle, name, etc) is the best ever.

I know that loving the juice can make one biased towards the bottle and what not - i'm sure it happens to most of us - but to suggest that the Body Kouros bottle is better than EVERYTHING is a bit far fetched. I think this is especially apparent because the bottle for BK doesn't really allude to what's inside of it. Some bottles match the scent perfectly (Amouage does well in this regard, usually.. Lyric Man and woman, especially! Also Encre Noire, as posted by Young Dro above.). BKs bottle is just functional, and barely, at that.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 7th February 2010 at 07:56 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

lol

Despite what everyone else is saying, I also love the bottle of BK

To me, the classic, simple, puristic bottle design along the lines (although different between each other) of Chanel Antaeus, Chanel No.5, Armani PH remains, if not the best, then the one displaying the most heightened and most tasteful artistic sense, in their understated beauty.

Gucci Pour Homme II

What? Hideous? On the contrary. what else trumps it, then?
    Yes, hideous, one of the most cheap, nasty, unappealing and impratical bottles ever (second only to the original DKNY). Wonderous juice though.

What trumps it? Well let's see, apart from the outrageous like the special edition Lalique bottles, Hypnose Homme has a fabulous design of bottle. Ice Men is ingenious. And I always thought Ultraviolet Man was pretty funky. I could go on...

After all these years, I still get a kick out of holding the Acqua di Parma bottle. The elegant simplicity somehow echoes the contents perfectly.

Hm, well I thought it was awesome because of it simplicity...leather around it too, so how could you not like that? What other fragrance (non-niche) has a LEATHER hold to it? Glass colognes are so prevalent that the leather bind associated with BK when picking it up is awesome...and the scent is definitely a top 5.

I think it should be, like, attached to the interior of a Benz S-500 Class, with interior black leather seats, as BK fits that well. You would find it on the side of the leather seat. "Free YSL Body Kouros attached as a complimentary addition to the valor and presentation of the black leather interior" - LoL, yeah sounds too crazy, but I thought it'd be cool.

Bulgari Aqua's design isn't so great, I take it back. But I do have GUCCI Pour homme II and that design definitely is great too.

I think 1 Million by Paco is also a cool bottle, not so big and loud, but simple and narrow, so it's not annoying to pick up.

The one bottle I cannot STAND ever to pick up (and HORRIBLE smell, too!) is Bulgari BLACK.

THAT design, if you ask me, is atrocious. So taxing to hold in the palm of your hand, let alone spray it!
    Last edited by Dudester!; 7th February 2010 at 11:32 PM.

I think the 4oz. black bottle of Green Irish Tweed is by far better than Body Kouros. Just for starters.

What other fragrance (non-niche) has a LEATHER hold to it?
    ummm... Varvatos and Varvatos Vintage.

What about this:

and this:

and this:

and this:

...but maybe it's just me
    Last edited by Trufflehunter; 8th February 2010 at 08:46 AM.

Dependent

I thought I remembered a similar thread you started.

Love the simplicity.

Love the Antidote bottle. And the juice. Understated elegance with just a touch of quirkiness with the melting cap.

PawelL

Hi there,

The shape is very simple and hand-friendly, so to speak. I love the frag as well, but that's irrelevant in this discussion.

Take care.
    Last edited by PawelL; 10th February 2010 at 10:02 AM.

Who gives a flip about the bottle? It's the juice inside that matters. As long as the juice arrives in a glass bottle with a quality sprayer, I'm happy. Everything else is excess that I'm not keen to pay for.

Check this!

THIS is the best bottle design in the universe!!

Rochas Aquaman

Also like the Kenzos: PH, Kenzoair, and Power.

Davidoff Echo is also worth the mention.
    Last edited by cescpistol; 22nd February 2010 at 06:55 AM.

Without a doubt : Givenchy Pi
    Smells good too !

i win

Gotta love the shameless vulgarity of Clive Christian

Sur la Plage

It's definitely Body Kouros..a LEATHER overtone when you grab it, dark and black, does anything trump that? The Creeds are just glass/metallic which suck, BK has a black leather glove mold all around it, making it the best bottle

I rest my case.
    I think it is PLEATHER, not LEATHER.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sean-dt View Post
    Gotta love the shameless vulgarity of Clive Christian
    It's certainly de luxe.

pierre cardin bleu marine got the nicest design
    Attached Images Attached Images

To me design is not just about shapes and colors. It's about finding visually attractive technical solutions to a functional problem. I think that the guys who designed the Terre d'Hermès bottle have come up with a very interesting solution while they managed to get rid of the need for a separate plastic cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nip/Tuck View Post
    i win
    This is just a spin on the old Crown Perfumery bottle design for women's scents, only more tapered in the flacon.

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/crown.html
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I'm just grateful nobody said le Male. Thank y'all...

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Like Chanel No 5 ... Dior Homme is simple and beautiful!

This discussion should have ended with Ken_Russell's mention of Chanel No. 5, IMO. But I also love the bottles for Chinatown, Angel, Gaultier Classique, Gucci Rush, Givenchy Very Irresistible for Men, and just about everything from Issey Miyake and Kenzo. (Oh my gravy, those Kenzo Amour bottles...)

Last edited by Spray; 22nd February 2010 at 05:56 PM.

I don't know. Every time I look at my Le Male bottle I think I need to get laid more.
    Last edited by subhuman85; 22nd February 2010 at 06:04 PM.

I think the AdP bottles are superbly made, and are really nice looking. Same for Dior Homme. Insofar as "iconic" bottles go, you cannot beat Old Spice, IMHO.

My personal favourite bottles, however, are the Geo F Trumper splash bottles. They function perfectly, too. I mean, Body Kouros looks ok (despite the fact I think the Kouros font is absolutely awful), but... It don't get better than this:

Body Kouros is best designed? Check these out: CLICK

I think the Chanel bottles , with the black caps , like the Exclusifs range are the best ! They are pure simplicity , a classic design that has not been changed for decades .It is all about the fragrance , not a fancy bottle to get you drawn in to buy it ,one bottle design is used for lots of fragrances ,mens and womens alike ! Issey Miyake PH and Armani Prive are also perfect pieces of design , anything that looks like it is trying too hard to get your attention makes me think the fragrance inside is not that good !

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Like Chanel No 5 ... Dior Homme is simple and beautiful!

At the risk of sounding like a raving fanboy, I actually prefer the Dior Homme Cologne bottle to the original. Don't get me wrong, all of the versions are beautiful, and of high quality, but something about the elongated bottle just does it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    anything that looks like it is trying too hard to get your attention makes me think the fragrance inside is not that good !

lol

oops, double post
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 23rd February 2010 at 01:32 AM.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Maybe not "the best" but certainly one of the cooler ones IMO without trying too hard. I'd say it's along the lines of Body Kouros, in combining hard glass with natural fibres and a very tactile experience. The juice is "meh", but the bottle could easily stand up to a higher quality house and juice.

Last edited by Master-Classter; 23rd February 2010 at 03:52 AM.

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Artisan smells great but doesn't last. Thank God for Sephora's return policy, BUT I LOVE THAT BOTTLE!
    Last edited by Spray; 23rd February 2010 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inselaffe View Post
    After all these years, I still get a kick out of holding the Acqua di Parma bottle. The elegant simplicity somehow echoes the contents perfectly.
    I agree about Acqua di Parma. The bottles and the packaging have an elegance that's hard to beat:

And speaking of Italian bottles, the Etro are among my very favorites:

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a raving fanboy, I actually prefer the Dior Homme Cologne bottle to the original. Don't get me wrong, all of the versions are beautiful, and of high quality, but something about the elongated bottle just does it for me.
    The EdT is handsome,
    the cologne is pretty!
    A good looking couple.

Why is it that Etro's seem SO hard to find? I never see them at high end menswear stores that stock other frags and just saw them for the first time at a more obscure perfumery (the kind that would sell MPG for example) - is there a story here? I mean their clothes aren't that hard to find...

The best looking bottle I own has to be either RL Safari or Creed BdP
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

YSL Nu 'edp'
    Gucci Rush 'both'
    Rive Gauche 'both'
    OPIUM Parfum

The first edition Spellbound is another favorite of mine.
    Why they changed that to the godawfull slim one of
    today is beyond me..!

I find Norma Kamali bottles really exquisite
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cpk; 23rd February 2010 at 04:22 PM.

I like this one more than Dior Homme

I would say that there are several bottles in my collection that are cool based on their unique appearance
    but not neccessarily there ease of use. For example, I think that Pierre Cardin's Bleu Marine,
    Lancome's Hypnose, DKNY Red Delicious, and Hugo Boss In Motion are cool looking as they
    sit there on the shelf.

What leather are you talking about on Body Kouros? Mine is a dark slate color but I don't have any leather on it. The only ones with leather I can think of are True Religion, Burberry London Special Edition and Fuel for Life.

Do you have a pic of BK in leather? The only ones I see online are like mine.

Oh, I just totally forgot one of my newer ones. Anybody seen the bottle for
    Trussari Inside Man. It has what looks to be alligator skin inside the bottle.
    How cool is that!?

gives me multiple orgasms.
    Visit my blog at http://thescenter.blogspot.com