Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Boise Vanille by Montale

So.

Where's the vanilla in this one?

Last edited by mikeperez23; 23rd October 2010 at 02:32 AM.

Default Re: Bois Vanille by Montale

Play-doh and cedar sawdust. This one's disgusting. One of a select few frags I've given only 1 star to. Blah!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I also disliked this one intensely.

Hey, I love this one! However, to be fair, when thinking vanilla, I really don't include this one in that category - more wood than vanilla. But I find it rich and comforting.

My dad used to always remind me that "Baskin Robins makes 31 flavors!" Now I know why...

^^^^ Awww, I wanted to keep the streak going. I too truly hate this stuff. I agree Mike, no vanilla.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Its so strong you spill some and can smell it for a month!!! I wonder why they call that one vanilla...its more like citrus/wood.

vanille absolut is all about the pure vanilla!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Not the strongest vanilla, but a very pleasant scent. The balance of notes is fine IMO.

Sur la Plage

It's a horrible scent IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I was shocked by so much bashing. But that was home made. My mind had connected me with Lutens' masterpiece, erroneously listed as a feminine. Montale should be more careful selecting names for their new potions.
    Last edited by narcus; 8th February 2010 at 12:29 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi Ŕ un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I like it and I get a lot of vanilla from it, raw and unsweetened vanilla mixed with precious woods - one of the better Montale┤s IMO!

I love it. On my skin, I can smell vanille. It is not a strong vanille like other vanille scents, but quite a pleasant and interesting vanille woody scent. The longervity and sillage are so great.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Boise Vanille by Montale

So instead of tossing out my sample of this, I decided to wear the entire 1 ml vial - all at once. I rarely do this sort of gonzo sampling, but hey...I'm in a weird mood tonight.

With this sort of over application, the scent truly becomes a booze-fest in the top notes, elbowing out Spiriteuse Double Vanille in this sort of rum-wood-tornado. Ironically, at this saturation, it smells less sweet and just more resinous, tawny and well...alcoholic.

Nonetheless, I think that I will be smelling like this for about 48 hours.

Default Re: Boise Vanille by Montale

The beginning for about two hours is extremely dense, maybe off-putting for many. But after that (rather long) shock, what remains is a really pleasant, loveable drydown. Alas, because of the beginning I'll never invest in it.