Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default What do you carry with you?

What are your go-to scents? Those you always have in decant or vial form in your pocket or purse? I put together a travel kit recently and an evening bag. I realized some of my most important frags are:

Ormonde Jayne-Woman
    Guerlain-Djedi
    Serge Lutens-Iris Silver Mist
    Caron-Normandie
    Acqua Di Parma Profumo
    Profumum-Oxiana
    Annick Goutal-Eau D'Hadrien
    Guerlain-Sous Les Vent
    Last edited by kumquat; 8th February 2010 at 03:35 PM.

Default Re: What do you carry with you?

I carry a Michael Kors Valentines Set from last year with Michael EDP, EDT and Sheer EDP. It's in 6ml roll-on form, so pretty handy.
    Then I carry three organza bags full of FiF samples (about thirty or so)... I like the choice and I think it's a way for me to go through my samples...

I hardly ever carry a scent in my bag. Only when I have a long day ahead without a chance to go home before the going out in the evening I take a small spray bottle with me. In the most recent case my choice was Ormonde, but I have also had L'Heure Bleue and Vol de Nuit 8ml parfum sprays in my make-up bag.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I usually have 3 or 4 decants in my purse:
    Attrape Coeur, a couple of Chanels: 28 La Pausa, Bel Respiro, a travel size Jubilation 25, and a Sonoma Scent, usually Femme Jolie.
    I clean out and rotate once in awhile. I also usually keep a masc mini for my grandsons, who always dig in my purse for "fumes".
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I have mad amounts of perfume decants for my purses. Almost everything I have, I also have in purse sprays. The ones that always seem to be around:

Apres l'Ondee
    Ivoire de Balmain
    Balmain Vent Vert

Monyette Paris (the teensy roll on parfum is so perfect for the purse/make up bag)
    Divine l'Infante
    Chanel Beige

Vial of Bois des Iles & Samsara parfum for evening bag
    Nanadebary Pink

Sometimes when I bust out a purse I haven't used in awhile there is a little surprise in an inside pocket- something unexpected that I'm happy to wear again

I must say, 3xasif, you do have lovely taste in scent.

I usually have a mini of Hermes Hiris in my handbag, that was sent to me by lovethescents. I also keep a vial of AA Gentiana with me. These are both great for a discreet freshen-up. In my shoulder bag I keep a 30ml bottle of Mitsouko, for moments that require and allow for greater 'impact'
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I (can, but don't necessarily) take along whatever I am wearing that day.

I keep my full bottles in the fridge and decant all of them into 5 ml atomizers to use daily/keep in my dresser drawer-- so taking along my SotD is a breeze. But I don't bother if I'm only running a few errands!

I do the same thing as 30 Roses: I decant into 10 ml atomizers and carry my sotd with me in my bag.
    Last edited by tott; 8th February 2010 at 05:57 PM.

I never carry fragrances in my bag now, but when I worked in an office all day I'd have a sample or two in my bag for after lunch freshening up. I'd just tuck in my bag whatever I was given at the cosmetics counter to try. I never dreamed of decanting my own. That was before I became a fragrance-aholic.

Interesting...I usually only take fragrances with me if I'm traveling or staying somewhere overnight. Where are you all when you apply perfume during the day? I'm shy about spraying in public.

Other than decants that I slip in now and then, I always carry the little rollerball of Nanette Lepore's Nanette, which is a very easy, wearable scent that I love, which I think goes with anything and has a nice but soft and low-key sillage. Sort of what I think a good purse scent should be.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    I do the same thing as 30 Roses: I decant into 10 ml atomizers and carry my sotd with me in my bag.
    I do the same as 30 Roses and tott, only mine are usually the 2.5 oz. size (I like to carry the minimum in my purse).

I've thought about taking my minis to decorate my desk at work, so I can enjoy their petite beauty. However, I'm away from my desk a good deal of the time, so haven't bothered yet!

My trusty Coco Mademoiselle by CHANEL. =)

I carry a few of the samples in my bag in case I forget to spray.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sucrose View Post
    Interesting...I usually only take fragrances with me if I'm traveling or staying somewhere overnight. Where are you all when you apply perfume during the day? I'm shy about spraying in public.
    There's always the car or a public restroom if one doesn't feel comfortable spraying in public.

I used to carry Costes, but I think it still is in the other purse. It is a good idea to carry something, recently I forgot to apply perfume before I left the house and I did not have anything to wear, except perfumed cream.
    Evenstar

Basenotes Institution

Yes, 3xasif has great scent taste ! You are making me want to try out Divine scents, J !

What I carry in my bag varies but at the moment I have a new 8 ml Shalimar parfum spray in it and a 50 ml EDT of Shalimar. I carry full bottles with me in my shoulder bag. The heaviest is Gucci by Gucci - it's like a brick ! Sometimes I carry minis too .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Nothing! I have this thing about decanting for myself, that I somehow compromise the integrity of my preciousssss bottle. I did it once and ended up giving it away. I'm also afraid I'll forget what they are , and that they'll waste my fume. Also, if it requires reapplication before my work day is over, it is not fb-worthy, with one or two exceptions.
    I'm sure the next big trip we take will change my mind.

Blog Entries

I carry whatever I have decided to fill my 7ml purse spray with.

At the moment I'm carrying L'eau par Kenzo pour Femme with me everywhere I go.

I decant all my scents into 8ml atomisers. I carry with me what I am wearing for the day, an alternative for evening, at least one back up in case I get bored, and a bag of my latest samples. Today I'm wearing Tonka Imperiale, have Oriental Lounge for evening and 28 La Pausa and Charogne as back ups. Also have my box of Histore de Parfums Samples with me!

Eva Pasco

There was a time, I always carried a duplicate mini of my SOTD...now, nothing.

I carry the small scents I have, usu. in tiny bottles: my small vial of Stella McCartney, my Juliette Has A Gun bullet flacon of Citizen Queen, a small vial of L'Occitan Quatre Reines.

Sometimes I carry a one ounce bottle of scent: 24, Faubourg, my 1 oz. Stella McCartney, Anglomania, Pleasures.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by hilaryjane View Post
    Also have my box of Histore de Parfums Samples with me!
    I always keep my box handy, too!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

L'eau par Kenzo(femme) and Casmir when travelling. (these two will cover most ocasions possible)

never decants, I think that decanting changes the smell.

I also never spray in public.
    Last edited by w3pearl; 9th February 2010 at 03:21 PM.

I have a parfum spray of Coco and a full bottle of No.19 edp that never leave my bag, and decants of No.22, L'Instant, Chamade, Aromatics Elixir, Gucci No.1, Keiko Mecheri's Cuir Cordoba, and Coromandel are keeping them company lately. Oh, I saw a purse-sized bottle of EL's Knowing in there, too.

Only my SotD in a vial o decant (7-8 ml)..nothing else! And,yes, no spritzing in public, only in the bathroom!

Talking about bullets...does the bottom of your bullet unscrew easily? Mine's always falling off, I just can't make it tighten correctly...why could that be?? Anybody else out there have problems with their bullets??

Quote Originally Posted by allabouteve View Post
    Talking about bullets...does the bottom of your bullet unscrew easily? Mine's always falling off, I just can't make it tighten correctly...why could that be?? Anybody else out there have problems with their bullets??
    I have had no problems with my bullet flacon. The perfume vial is held in place by a rubber gasket at the neck and the small spring attached to the bottom cap. I would recommend adjusting the spring to cause more tension to hold it in place. Perhaps VERY carefully and LIGHTLY extending the spring outward. NO guarantees on this, however.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Yes, 3xasif has great scent taste ! You are making me want to try out Divine scents, J !

What I carry in my bag varies but at the moment I have a new 8 ml Shalimar parfum spray in it and a 50 ml EDT of Shalimar. I carry full bottles with me in my shoulder bag. The heaviest is Gucci by Gucci - it's like a brick ! Sometimes I carry minis too .
    Mystick - You save yourself a trip to the gym toting that around!

I'm amazed at how many people carry full bottles. I've never heard or noticed decanting change the scent. That's news to me!

i always have a 10ml glass decant purse spray of Chanel no. 19 in my purse. I don't use it regularly, but take comfort knowing it is there. I have used it on occasion when I forgot to spritz or when I felt I needed to amplify my scent.
    I will admit that my decant has an "aged" quality, something that I actually appreciate. Like wearing a pair of jeans for months and noticing them soften. Exactly like that is how I experience my decant. Every so often I'll "top it off" with fresh no. 19. I've carried it consistently for the past three years.
    I perhaps love my decant even more than the "mother" bottle.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 9th February 2010 at 09:05 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I never leave home without perfume. Ever. What if I were to be stranded somewhere during the final stages of drydown ????!!!

Currently, being in a Chanel phase, I have a small, leather wristlet full of 5 mL decants of my favorite Chanels that I keep in my purse. I usually spritz once or twice on the way to or going home from work, so as not to annoint anyone else. I feel ready for anything with this small arsenal of scent
    Last edited by pomander; 9th February 2010 at 09:32 PM.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

I was "stranded " with just a few samples in a hotel last week as I traveled out of town to take someone to Spokane for surgery. the patient had to unexpectedly stay overnight, so down the street I went tot he hotel with a few samples, the free ones at Chez and Speake. The ones I had I didn't care for, but it was better than none at all. Glad to have had a little cosmetic bag frill of hair things and perfume samples, BUT I will update that cosmetic bag (that I leave in the car) with more wearable perfumes. I didn't even have a brush for my hair... combed it with a jaw clip!
    Eliza
    (seems like vintage L'origan was made just for me)

I always have a few samples in my handbag and usually a 10ml atomiser.
    At the moment I am carrying around Ivoire, Omnia, Anne Pliska and Roma.