Code of Conduct

Thread: Bandit musings

Default Bandit musings

So Bandit edp is a galbanum bomb on me. It is close to Cabochard, but more potent and more elegant actually. But my main thought is that this is a dark twin of Chanel 19. Like Guerlain Vetiver is to Encre Noire as No. 19 is to Bandit if that makes sense. Any thoughts?
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Default Re: Bandit musings

Agreed, on just about every level. Sure, it's a leather, but on me it's an uber green -- and more glistening, elegant -- Cabochard.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

To me, Bandit is all about green and not about leather, but then, like many "leather" fragrances, I smell soap where the leather is supposed to be. I definitely agree that it's a GREEN chypre though - lots of galbanum!

To my nose, Bandit is a lot closer to the original Coty Chypre than the more oft-cited Mitsouko. Bandit is darker and more moody than Chypre, but both have a bright crisp green tang.

Dirty old leather and booze. Then very dry powder, weird flowers, booze, and leather. I'm so lemming a bottle of Bandit right now it's not even funny.

I wore a sample today and got almost no leather and definitely not the dreaded wet ashtray accord. It was just a hauntingly beautiful dark green. I originally felt like there would be no need for Bandit since I already had both 19 and Cabochard, but oh boy am I craving more of this.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Basenotes Plus

There are two versions, other than the original. One is more floral, the last one more "green". Not all Bandits are alike.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Alas, that Bandit has been reformulated...this was supposedly inspired by the parfumeuse's love of body scents.

So much is lost with reformulation...for instance, how can you have Piguet's Cravache (riding drop) and then remove the leather notes? Bamboo stick, anyone?
    Last edited by Primrose; 9th February 2010 at 08:08 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I love Bandit too (edp) and every time I wear it, I wonder what does the vintage smell like? There's something sweet and bubble gum smelling in there... what is it?
    Eliza
    (seems like vintage L'origan was made just for me)