Code of Conduct

Default Best place to buy Oud from Al Haramain

Does anyone here have any experience with Zahara's website? I have been looking to order some Al Haramain samples from this site, and i was just wondering if anyone here knew the size/cost of these samples. I have been slowly delving into the world of eastern frags, and have been looking for a place to get good samples in the united states. It seems to me that the best options are Al-Munawwara on Ebay, and Zahara's. ANy input would be fantastic.

PS, im not looking for pure oud oil as it is far out of my price range, but am instead looking for a blend so that i may first experience Oud in s more subtle fashion. Any input on what eastern Oud blends are good would also be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Best place to buy Oud from Al Haramain

my stuff from zahras has been stuck in customs for like 2 weeks....this is my 3rd package from her and this never happend before.
    I didnt even know she sold samples...although she gives me a ton of them everytime i get something.

I would try the other person you mentioned for samples al-munawwara...not only do they sell 3ml 1/4 tolas they also sell samples on ebay. I would also recommend the ASAQ over the al haramain....even the $200 per 3ml best al haramain makes isnt that good to me. smells like chemicals.... some of the ASAQs are ok.....i think al-munawwara also sells some arabian oud stuff.

I never ordered from al-munawwara but he has 100% positive and the only one I know of t hat sells samples of the cheaper loose perfumes.
    its good you are starting with the cheaper stuff....i started with $500 a bottle single oriigin oud and amouage attars and king fahad blend....everything to me other then the best smells like crap now! so my advice to you is not to smell king fahad blend. lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Thanks for the response. I got an email from zahras and they are offering me 6 samples of some of the cheaper Al Haramain frags for 25 bucks including shipping. Even if quantity of each sample is small, this price cannot be beat by the ebay seller. Probably going to order the samples soon, hoping to recieve something larger than 1ml for each, but cant expect anything more. Too bad these frags are so effin hard to find in the US. I did also find another site offering Al Haramain, ParadisePerfumes.com , and was wondering if any had experience with this site?

Try Al Munawwara Perfumes. They run an ebay store out of the UK:

http://stores.ebay.com/Al-Munawwara-Perfumes?_rdc=1

Their Al Haramain selection is quite good, and their service is fantastic.
    I usually receive my packages within two weeks here in southern California.
    Paradise Perfumes are ok. I've dealt with them a few times. Shipping is a bit slow and they're more of a rag tag operation.
    Last edited by Manuel; 9th February 2010 at 06:35 PM.

They sell the al haramain loose perfume in 3 ml so the samples are going to be no bigger the 1/4 ml.... The $25 is more for shipping.,,, like Manuel said... Al- manawarra is in the UK and a little quicker and more reliable then Zahra in Saudi.... My stuff from her has been stuck in customs for the last 2 weeks! Another good site that sells their own Arabian style perfumes is agarscentbizaar.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    Another good site that sells their own Arabian style perfumes is agarscentbizaar.
    Ah, yes. Agarscents Bazaar, HIGHLY recommended! Sharif is very knowledgable, very kind and fairly priced.

For an excellent oud attar, (oud blended with sandalwood oil) try Ham Firl on Ebay; just enter Oud attar on the Ebay search engine, and you'll find his store (QT) His Malaysian oud attar is really good, as is the Cambodian, plus the price for I think 6cc is $15.00, shipping included. I have a nice collection of pure Oud as well, but I like these attars so much that I wear them frequently. If and when you do get ready to explore the pure Ouds, I would highly recommend agaraura.com, by far the best quality oud for the price, bar none.

Bought 3ml samples of Al Baraq and Night Dreams at the suggestion of Al-Manawarra....good place to start i guess. Ill let ya know how well this seller works, and how the products are

Al "Buraq" is a saffron-rose fragrance on a light oud base. "Night Dreams" is a sweet, musky sandalwood fragrance with light hints of sweet oud in the background. Both are great fragrances, but if you're looking for a straightforward oud from Haramain, you may want to check and see if "Dahn'al Oudh Mubakhar" and "Dahn'al Oudh Khossosi Qadeem" are available. These two are very good, barnyardy, smokey, Assam style oud fragrances.

Remember though, I highly doubt that Haramain oud is 100% oud, but they're good for what they are.
    They're a guilty pleasure of mine!

Im glad to hear that they are good frags....and to be honest im not yet looking for straightforward oud....im just looking really to get some samples of eastern frags to see if i even have interest in the style before i delve any further into it. If either of these turn out alright i think im gonna buy the spray versions from Zahras store because it is so much cheaper, and because i would rather have spray. that is, unless you have some reason why sprays are terrible in comparison to the oils.

And by the way...as for the non pure oud offerings from al haramain, al rehab, ect..... what would you suggest?

The sprays will pretty much be the same oils disolved in alcohol. So the pros and cons will just range from pricepoint, concentration, portability, affordability etc. In other words, the same ol' discussions we have here ad infinitum on Basenotes.

The two samples you ordered are a good intro.
    If you PM me I'll send you samples of the oud fragrances mentioned above plus a few other mukhalats I have on hand.

for mukhallats....(thats what you are looking for....oud/rose/whatever mixes....mukhallat=mix) I suggest ASAQ thats Abdul Samad AL Quarashi....Al-manawarra has it on their site....they are really good blends....and pretty good ouds.

tonight I am wearing arabian oud...another good house.....king Fahad blend....I see Manuel is jelous! incredible stuff!!!!

once you cross over to eastern style its all over my friend!!! lol

oh ajmal is pretty good too....

al haramian I dont really like.
    Last edited by dredmahawkus; 10th February 2010 at 12:09 AM.

my stuff for sale!

Thanks for the suggestions guys...im sure i wil like al haramain stuff once it arrives. ONce i feel that ive gotten the introduction over with i would love to test out some of the better frags, but at this point price is a factor. So al haramain it is.

In a few weeks I'll be getting some Oud from Iraq.
    Eliza
    (seems like vintage L'origan was made just for me)

al haramian I dont really like
    Yeah, I've noticed Al Haramain is sorta the bottom shelf clearing house of eastern fragrances. Although I still enjoy a number of their fragrances -despite some of the gaudy packaging!

tonight I am wearing arabian oud...another good house.....king Fahad blend....I see Manuel is jelous! incredible stuff!!!!

Blog Entries

I came across a very reputable Canadian on-line store www.agaraura.com/oils.html bottles are expensive but the products seem good thus I ordered a sample of Bornean Bloom to start the oud experience

Imitation oud can be had at perfumersapprentice, it is labeled Black Agar very inexpensive these are basenote supplies
    first, go to www.shopping.yahoo.com into the field type oud perfumes sort results high to low and the cheapest one at the bottom will give the link to perfumersapprentice, I could not get to that site directly.

Good luck !

Ursula

I really dont like borneos...but you should try agaraura indian spice and cambodi atteeq...they are both really nice! I am wearing indian spice tonight...its my favorite hindi!

my stuff for sale!