Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance Compounder Position Available.

Hi Everyone,

while searching the web for a new job I ran across a company in the NYC metro area that is looking for a fragrance compounder. So for all of you budding perfumers wanting to get a foot in the door here is your opportunity.

The information for the job can be found by searching "fragrance compounder" on the Lab Support job search page.

http://www.oalabsupport.com/oalab/la...ob-search.html

The job description is as follows:

"Job Description

Responsible for the batching of new fragrance formulations to support in house perfumers in a fast paced laboratory.

Responsible for working on special development projects at the bench level for customer presentation off site and in house customer evaluation.

Some application testing and fragrance evaluation may be required.

Required skills:

The ideal candidate must have experience from the Fragrance Industry.

Must be proficient in fragrance compounding techniques and knowledgeable of raw materials and bases.

The individual must be neat, well organized with a bright positive attitude. "
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fragrance Compounder Position Available.

What this sounds like, is taking the house nose's creations and either making several copies of it, or doing several small modifications in a series, to take the tedious work off the shoulders of the nose. Not a bad way to get a foot in the door, I wouldn't think.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

I'm sure they require extensive industry experience... Getting a start in this industry is often done at the intern level. You usually work mostly on very uninteresting projects like industrial fragrances etc... from there you can, with referrals move up the fragrance food chain, as your nose's reputation grows. It is best to start young as this can take decades... it's a competitive business. Very few noses work at the level of designing "skin wearing perfumes." It's like being in the film or TV business.. most successful working actors do small character work, not leading roles.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 9th February 2010 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I'm sure they require extensive industry experience... Getting a start in this industry is often done at the intern level. You usually work mostly on very uninteresting projects like industrial fragrances etc... from there you can, with referrals move up the fragrance food chain, as your nose's reputation grows. It is best to start young as this can take decades... it's a competitive business. Very few noses work at the level of designing "skin wearing perfumes." It's like being in the film or TV business.. most successful working actors do small character work, not leading roles.
    This isn't a job for a nose but a job working with noses. What it entails is taking the recipe that noses create and scaling it up to small-scale and/or large scale industrial batching.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    This isn't a job for a nose but a job working with noses. What it entails is taking the recipe that noses create and scaling it up to small-scale and/or large scale industrial batching.
    I understand that, but I'm certain that if they are a fragrance company of any standing that they will require a great deal of experience for this position.