Code of Conduct

Default I'm craving civet at the moment -- suggestions

I am beginning to think I am immune to civet, I literally love it in every way, shape or form. I began by liking Jicky EDP, then hating it for a whole year and now I LOVE it to death and wonder why I hated it for so long. Anyways I'm looking for a new fragrance, not category-specific, that is heavy on the civet. I love the civet that Guerlain uses and find it smooth and comforting.

Some fragrances of mine that that are heavy on civet are:

Shalimar EDP
    Jicky EDP
    Sous Le Vent (will defintely purchase in the near future)
    Heure Exquise EDP (wish it has a little bit more civet)
    Nuit Noire
    Joy EDT and parfum (the civet here is sharp and jarring; love it nonetheless)
    L'air de Rien
    Bal a Versailles EDT and parfum
    Vol de Nuit parfum (a little more civet wouldn't hurt)
    En Avion parfum
    L'arte de Gucci (blind buy on the way here!)
    MKK
    Mouchoir de Monsier (although I find Jicky's civet smoother)
    Eau d'Hermes
    Stoned (LOVE!)
    Cuir de Russie EDT and parfum (parfum is as close to perfection as you can get in perfumery)
    Ubar

I'd love something in the realm of Jicky. Something so smooth and buttery, yet full of civet.

So, what are you recommendation folks?
    Last edited by scent; 9th February 2010 at 10:19 PM.

Default Re: I'm craving civet at the moment -- suggestions

"L'arte de Gucci (blind buy on the way here!)"

To my nose, you've got the civet monster on the way. I first found it disgustingly civet-heavy, but gradually I've grown really addicted to the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    "L'arte de Gucci (blind buy on the way here!)"

To my nose, you've got the civet monster on the way. I first found it disgustingly civet-heavy, but gradually I've grown really addicted to the stuff.
    Thanks Galamb! I hope it it's as disgusting as it sounds - LOL - !!! Although I hope it'll be a pheeeewwww than a peeee-ewwww!

Smooth and buttery with civet? I think you've just described Amouage Gold Man!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Smooth and buttery with civet? I think you've just described Amouage Gold Man!
    Ooops! I forgot to mention that I have Gold Man and Woman! The weird thing is...ehm...I don't find it animalic or civety...AT ALL!!!

Basenotes Institution

How about a bit of Kouros ? I actually wore this once in the heat and I found it quite wonderful . It's not very buttery but it's definitely civet.

Also Musc Ravageur ?

Added this funny picture I ran across !( No offence to animals intended ! )
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 9th February 2010 at 10:50 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    How about a bit of Kouros ? I actually wore this once in the heat and I found it quite wonderful . It's not very buttery but it's definitely civet.

Also Musc Ravageur ?

I've tried Kouros long, long time ago...a time where civet was not even in my dictionary I have to revisit this "so-called" masterpiece to see what the fuss is all about! Thanks!

Oh and I have Musc Ravageur. It has got that buttery civet I'm longing for, for the first few minutes, but then disappears into a gourmand. Bah-humbug !
    Last edited by scent; 9th February 2010 at 11:34 PM.

You've named most of my favorites already. I think you'll probably have the best luck with vintage fragrances. Some that come to mind that are not already on your list:

Lavnin My Sin
    Dana Tabu
    Krizia Teatro alla Scala

Also, AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo has at least two you might be interested in:

Civet Tincture
    Mona Lisa

I'm not sure, but I think The Party in Manhattan may have alot of civet also. None really have the creaminess of Jicky extrait, but of the ones I tried, the ones that comes closest are vintage Tabu and Profumo's Mona Lisa.

Blog Entries

You're clearly way ahead of me on the civet train, but my big "duh" answer: Caron Pour un Homme.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Also Musc Ravageur ?

Better watch it MK--that photo looks like a woman's breast...oh, wait, that IS a breast (or two)...
    Last edited by Asha; 10th February 2010 at 03:32 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Better watch it MK--that photo looks like a woman's breast...oh, wait, that IS a breast (or two)...
    *LOL* So it is !!!! *LOL*

How about First by Van Cleef & Arpels? I get a distinct civet note.
    Last edited by Primrose; 10th February 2010 at 12:50 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    You're clearly way ahead of me on the civet train, but my big "duh" answer: Caron Pour un Homme.
    I've tried Caron PuH several times but never really gave it the justice of a full wearing. So I'll be looking into it thanks! I have Taste of Heaven which is often compared to PuH, and while ToH has animalic basenotes, it's basically musk and not civet.

You've named most of my favorites already. I think you'll probably have the best luck with vintage fragrances. Some that come to mind that are not already on your list:

Lavnin My Sin
    Dana Tabu
    Krizia Teatro alla Scala

Also, AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo has at least two you might be interested in:

Civet Tincture
    Mona Lisa

I'm not sure, but I think The Party in Manhattan may have alot of civet also. None really have the creaminess of Jicky extrait, but of the ones I tried, the ones that comes closest are vintage Tabu and Profumo's Mona Lisa.
    I've really tried for so long to resist the urge to bid on My Sin on ebay. I made a promise that I wasn't going to chase around vintage perfumes (anymore ), because I would end up falling in love and getting hurt...BAD! Every review I've read has been amazing and I think if I find it at a reasonable-ish price, I'll take the plunge and bid.

I have The Party and I ADORE it! When I first bought it a couple of years ago, I didn't think it was animalic at all, until quite recently in which I overdosed the s$$$ out it! I got an extremely sweaty, vomit-like ambergris note (which I love BTW), that lingered for a good half an hour before dissolving into the smooth oakmoss. It could be civet I'm smelling, but it doesn't smell like civet...to me anyway.

I'm really intrigued by Mona Lisa, and I think I'll place an order for a sample. Thanks for the suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    How about First by Van Cleef & Arpels? I get a distinct civet note.
    Another fragrance I didn't get justice to. I've tried several times actually and immediatly dismmised it as a No. 5 wannabe. I've heard that it is quite animalic, so I'll have to give this another shot! Aldehydes and civet.......aaaaaahhhhh pure blisss! My cousin has a bottle, and I think it's about time I pay him a visit LoL

Most of those I would have thought of have been mentioned. I don't think anyone has suggested Paco Rabanne La Nuit or vintage Femme extrait yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hilaryjane View Post
    Most of those I would have thought of have been mentioned. I don't think anyone has suggested Paco Rabanne La Nuit or vintage Femme extrait yet.
    My mother has a bottle of vintage Femme around here somewhere and it is truly buttery and smooth civet all the way. I've been dying to try La Nuit. I've heard that it is a very animalic floral but nothing in the reviews mentioned if it was civet or indoles. Can you chime in on it?

Patou's Sublime has civet in the base, though it doesn't irk me like in Shalimar edp or Jicky so not sure if it's what you're looking for, but worth a test.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Not sure if you're up for testing a sweeter scent, but the civet in Chopard Casmir is sublime.

I wish it was still available, but if you ever run across a bottle of Ava Luxe's Rasa Extreme ( not Rasa ), it would be worth picking up. This is mostly an emormous musk with an enormous dirty civet note and a bit of rose hovering in the background. When I first joined Basenotes, this was probably my most-hated fragrance, nowadays I think it's great ( a progression I've had with a number of super-animalic fragrances ).

How do you feel about castoreum? If you end up liking L'Arte di Gucci, Rose de Nuit might be your next stop, at least to sample. To my nose it's more catoreum than civet, plus a lot of moss, but it's quite animalic in a darker, drier way than L'Arte is. L'Arte is "Hello, I'm here, and I'm civet!" Where as Rose de Nuit keeps you guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    My mother has a bottle of vintage Femme around here somewhere and it is truly buttery and smooth civet all the way. I've been dying to try La Nuit. I've heard that it is a very animalic floral but nothing in the reviews mentioned if it was civet or indoles. Can you chime in on it?
    It's an oriental with a combination of very animalic musk, costus and civet. Luca Turin famously described it as 'Tabu sprayed on a horse'.

Quote Originally Posted by hilaryjane View Post
    It's an oriental with a combination of very animalic musk, costus and civet. Luca Turin famously described it as 'Tabu sprayed on a horse'.
    It truly is a masterpiece. I see it as a hybrid between a dark chypre and an oriental. And yes, I can see why Turin described it the way he did! Amazing stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I wish it was still available, but if you ever run across a bottle of Ava Luxe's Rasa Extreme ( not Rasa ), it would be worth picking up. This is mostly an emormous musk with an enormous dirty civet note and a bit of rose hovering in the background. When I first joined Basenotes, this was probably my most-hated fragrance, nowadays I think it's great ( a progression I've had with a number of super-animalic fragrances ).

How do you feel about castoreum? If you end up liking L'Arte di Gucci, Rose de Nuit might be your next stop, at least to sample. To my nose it's more catoreum than civet, plus a lot of moss, but it's quite animalic in a darker, drier way than L'Arte is. L'Arte is "Hello, I'm here, and I'm civet!" Where as Rose de Nuit keeps you guessing.
    I was always extremely curious when it came to Ava Luxe but never really took to ordering samples or blind buying. I guess it's too late now I do hope Serena comes back with a bang, but alas...I'll keep a lookout for Rasa Extreme!

I bought Rose de Nuit last April from my pilgrimage to Paris , and it's probably my favorite Serge Lutens to date. I always loved Gucci No. 3, but that was getting really, really hard to find...and at upto $600 a bottle, hope was fading away. When I first ordered the SL sample pack from TPC, I was gobsmacked when I smelt RdN. It smelt like a richer, denser and syrupy Gucci No. 3. So, long live the new No. 3!!! I never found No. 3 or RdN animalic, just intensely rich and dense (which I suppose is from the civet). I still have 4.2oz bottle of No. 3 that I treasure deeply!

Quote Originally Posted by jacona View Post
    Not sure if you're up for testing a sweeter scent, but the civet in Chopard Casmir is sublime.
    Thanks! I'll keep a lookout for Casmir! Turin's review really got me worked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Antaeusintheair View Post
    Patou's Sublime has civet in the base, though it doesn't irk me like in Shalimar edp or Jicky so not sure if it's what you're looking for, but worth a test.
    I blind bought the EDP a week ago, and I'm still waiting for it. Will post my thoughts on this one when it arrives!

I'm really getting intrigued by Mona Lisa. Tuberose and civet! What could be better?! I just ordered a sample and I can't wait.

Basenotes Institution

Well, Ungaro II, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Well, Ungaro II, obviously.
    Really?! Is it that damn good?! I've been lemming II for months , and this might as well push me over the edge! I...must...resist...
    What the hell...I just ordered a sample

Scent, I hope you will come back after trying all the new suggestions and give us your impressions!

Basenotes Institution

Now you got me wanting to try First by Van Cleef and Arpels, Rasa extreme ( I wonder if Serena will ever produce this again .... ) ,vintage Femme ( though I heard the modern version is great too ) and a whole load of other dirty civetty scents .

"Second" the rec of First, Paco Rabanne La Nuit and Sublime. You should love L'Arte di Gucci!. Could also add Schiaparelli Shocking and Lancome Magie Noire, also DSH Jitterbug, which I sometimes catch myself almost liking... : - )
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Oh...Seriously, this is PROLIFIC In Civet...."OBSESSION" For Woman....FAR OUT - SUBLIMITY!!! An amazing scent, easily one of my favorites!!!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Blog Entries

If you like Jicky EDP because of civet, you would *love* Jicky PdT.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

I found myself craving YSL "Y" for the civet today. Its in the Joy/First category IMO. I fell in love with the vintage, and while the current EDT is just a pale reflection of the vintage, its still pretty good all things considered.

Actually, I've just realized I'm something of a civet monster myself - I've owned all of these civet-containing fragrances at one time:

Amouage Amouage Gold pour Femme
    Aramis Aramis 900
    Avon Occur!
    Avon Topaze
    Bill Blass Basic Black
    Boucheron Boucheron
    Calvin Klein Obsession
    Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera
    Cartier Must de Cartier
    Chanel Chanel N5
    Chanel Coco
    Coty L`Origan
    Cristobal Balenciaga Le Dix Perfume
    Dana Tabu
    Dior Diorissimo
    Elsa Schiaparelli Shocking
    Emanuel Ungaro Diva
    Estee Lauder Knowing
    Givenchy Ysatis
    Gloria Vanderbilt Vanderbilt
    Gres Cabotine
    Guerlain Shalimar
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Houbigant Quelques Fleurs l`Original
    Jean Couturier Coriandre
    Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles
    Jean Patou 1000
    Jean Patou Amour Amour
    Jean Patou Eau de Patou
    Jean Patou Joy
    Jean Patou Sublime
    Jean-Louis Scherrer Jean-Louis Scherrer
    Jil Sander Jil Sander No 4
    Karl Lagerfeld KL
    Krizia K de Krizia
    Lancome Climat
    Lancome Climat (La Collection Fragrances)
    Lancome Magie Noire
    Max Factor Le Jardin
    Muelhens Tosca
    Nina Ricci Nina (1987)
    Pierre Balmain Jolie Madame
    Prince Matchabelli Cachet
    Robert Piguet Bandit
    Rochas Mystere
    Valentino Valentino
    Van Cleef & Arpels First
    Van Cleef & Arpels Gem
    Versace Blonde
    Yves Saint Laurent Y
    Last edited by Perfume_Addict; 18th February 2010 at 03:46 AM. Reason: addition

Dependent

+1 Ungaro II. The opening is citrus, the dry down is ALL about civet. Let us know what you think of the sample! Also, Dioressence (parfum) is heavy on civet as well.

BTW, I think L'Arte is also a good one, hope you enjoy it!
    Last edited by MFJ; 18th February 2010 at 01:53 PM.

I get a lot of civet in Bandit EDP.

Scent, I hope you will come back after trying all the new suggestions and give us your impressions!
    Well, after an amazing trip to London, I'm back with my initial results!

Now you got me wanting to try First by Van Cleef and Arpels, Rasa extreme ( I wonder if Serena will ever produce this again .... ) ,vintage Femme ( though I heard the modern version is great too ) and a whole load of other dirty civetty scents .
    First: Not a drop of civet that I could detect. All I could smell was aldehydic galbanum and then a powdery floral. Pass...
    Vintage Femme: The biggest discovery I made in London was Peau d'Espagne. It smelled very, very similiar to my depleting parfum of vintage Femme. A must buy for every vintage-lovin, skank fiend out there. I want to try the extract sooo badly but don't know where it's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    "Second" the rec of First, Paco Rabanne La Nuit and Sublime. You should love L'Arte di Gucci!. Could also add Schiaparelli Shocking and Lancome Magie Noire, also DSH Jitterbug, which I sometimes catch myself almost liking... : - )
    Sublime EDP: I was greeted by a big box of blind-buys when I finally got back home! Sublime was one of them! My initial reaction was that it smelled so beautiful and well-mixed, yet oddly familiar. I didn't get civet though, but did get one of the loveliest drydowns my nose has ever smelt. After wearing it a couple of times, I discovered what it smelled familiar to: Tauer's Une Rose Chypre. I've been craving URC for so long, but never really pulled the trigger. Sublime is somewhat sharper in the drydown and it doesn't have that very subtle cinammon note, but all in all, very similiar. Phew! At least my craving for URC has been met!

L'arte di Gucci EDP: This was another blind buy in the box of goodies that arrived. I probably have civet instead of blood, because I couldn't detect civet..at all! I even wore it as my SOTD three times to make sure. I guess all my pre-Basenotes years of smelling Gucci No.3 (similiar to L'aDG) on my mom and uncle, has made me anosmic to the smell, and all my brain registers is a rose chypre. Don't get me wrong, this is very, very pretty. But reading the reviews describing L'adG as being anything other than pretty, I can't help but feel a little disheartened

Que Sais Je: This was also one of my blind buys. Given this is an EDT, this is actual quite tenacious. A plummy chypre with loads and loads of oakmoss and good dose of skank. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    If you like Jicky EDP because of civet, you would *love* Jicky PdT.
    I've heard Jicky has changed very little over the years, so can you tell me the difference between the two? Currently, I'm on the verge of buying a bee-bottle of Jicky parfum because I love it's velvety civetness!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfume_Addict View Post
    I found myself craving YSL "Y" for the civet today. Its in the Joy/First category IMO. I fell in love with the vintage, and while the current EDT is just a pale reflection of the vintage, its still pretty good all things considered.
    Thanks! I'll look into these suggestions as well!

I also made a couple of interesting new discoveries in London.

Miller Harris Cuir d'Oranger: WoW!!! Imagine Bal a Versailles with a more musk and civet, topped with a bitter orange topnotes with a velvety leather running through its veins. This is seriously, seriously skanky stuff! I grabbed the last bottle from the Mayfair store as it is discontinued now, and what a shame that is! I asked the SA why that was, and he said, Lyn (perfumer for MH) thought the perfume was too grand for her line. This is on-par with L'air de Rien as being the greatest in the line.

Eau du Coq: While not exactly fulfilling my craving for civet, this is an extremely well-made cologne that manages to smell like a uber-light Jicky. I managed to snag a vintage 500ml as well! Score!

Chanel EDC: There's something weird about this cologne. It is at once very metallic and pungent, then disappears, then reappears hours later (triggered by water give you), as an extremely subtle animalic citrus. I bit the bullet and bought the 400ml bottle; the giant Les Exclusifs bottle is so intimdating standing next to my tiny decants! Lol!
    Last edited by scent; 24th February 2010 at 10:37 PM.

I love Krizia Krazy for civet - and Femme.

reine

Smile Re: I'm craving civet at the moment -- suggestions

IMO The most elegant civet I know is captured in Arpege.

The most sexy civet is Jicky's

The most refined civet is captured in En Avion.

It's not the scent that recalls the person; it's the person who recalls the scent.
    LaNose

Hillaire

Re: Your not finding civet in Sublime, First, or Gold...the latest formulations have none, that's probably why. Neither does the newest Y, but the old Y...now that's civety!
    Speaking of vintage offerings, I find more civet in vintage Fleurs de Rocailles that I do in vintage Jicky.
    I have not smelled a more civety creation in all my life than Apogee from Les Senteurs. They send samples if you call, and it is also a divine divine creation. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Scent, so glad to hear you like the Sublime edp (even if it's lacking civet). It's one of my absolute favorites... a six star frag if you will. I've been wanting to try Une Rose Chypree and now will definitely seek it out if there's even a slight similarity, but I don't get much of a chypre feel from Sublime. The jasmine, patchouli, and sandalwood make it all oriental for me. But if you are craving spice, no cinnamon like the Tauer, but in its place a really nice nutmeg accord if you sniff closely. Look for it and enjoy!
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Assuming that my calculations are correct, Amouage's Epic has loads of civet musk in it.

The most civet I've ever experienced in a fragrance -- more than Jicky even -- is Mona di Orio's "Nuit Noire." The opening is a little distressing, but the patient are rewarded with a gorgeous drydown.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Hillaire is correct. Vintage Amouage Gold Man has a distinctive civet note.

Quote Originally Posted by reine View Post
    I love Krizia Krazy for civet - and Femme.

reine
    Thnx! I'll look into Krazy!

Quote Originally Posted by LaNose View Post
    IMO The most elegant civet I know is captured in Arpege.

The most sexy civet is Jicky's

The most refined civet is captured in En Avion.

It's not the scent that recalls the person; it's the person who recalls the scent.
    LaNose
    I've always wondered what vintage Arpege smelt like, so this might just push me over the edge Roja Dove told me that Arpege has changed drastically and that it was unrecognizable, but my mom's bottle (at least 20 years old) smells quite similiar to today's version

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Re: Your not finding civet in Sublime, First, or Gold...the latest formulations have none, that's probably why. Neither does the newest Y, but the old Y...now that's civety!
    Speaking of vintage offerings, I find more civet in vintage Fleurs de Rocailles that I do in vintage Jicky.
    I have not smelled a more civety creation in all my life than Apogee from Les Senteurs. They send samples if you call, and it is also a divine divine creation. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
    Ahhh...ba humbug My new Sublime doesn't have civet! But I guess I have to thank you on behalf of my nose. My poor nose almost died from sniffing it a hundred times, trying to find a smidgen of civet
    Was it you who wrote the review of Fleurs de Rocailles that it was disgusting from its animalicity? lool!!!
    I've been to Les Senteurs a couple of times and I don't remember seeing Apogee there. Can you elaborate on it pweeeeez!!!! It's peaked my interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Antaeusintheair View Post
    Scent, so glad to hear you like the Sublime edp (even if it's lacking civet). It's one of my absolute favorites... a six star frag if you will. I've been wanting to try Une Rose Chypree and now will definitely seek it out if there's even a slight similarity, but I don't get much of a chypre feel from Sublime. The jasmine, patchouli, and sandalwood make it all oriental for me. But if you are craving spice, no cinnamon like the Tauer, but in its place a really nice nutmeg accord if you sniff closely. Look for it and enjoy!
    Yes Anataeus Sublime is subliiiime! Pun intended! Do you get the same sharpness I'm getting in the topnotes that make it quite masculine? Or is it only me
    I don't really see Une Rose Chypree as a chypre to be honest...it's an oriental to me. Please do try Une Rose Chypree you'll be surprised by the similarities. Noir Epices is also a tiny bit similiar to URC.

Quote Originally Posted by acer3 View Post
    Assuming that my calculations are correct, Amouage's Epic has loads of civet musk in it.
    I've only tried the men's briefly but for the brief moment it was on my skin, it was a bit generic and "safe". If you're talking about the women's (which is waaay better ), has something disturbing and odd...which is great!

Quote Originally Posted by PB101 View Post
    The most civet I've ever experienced in a fragrance -- more than Jicky even -- is Mona di Orio's "Nuit Noire." The opening is a little distressing, but the patient are rewarded with a gorgeous drydown.
    It is great, isn't it?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by divinemama View Post
    My mom has a vintage bottle of Gold WOMAN. I'll have to dig it up and compare side by side between vintage and new.
    will. report. back.

Quote Originally Posted by divinemama View Post
    I have a bottle of Amouage Gold Man that I bought around ten years ago, and the last thing to remain on my skin is the very strong civet. It's not like Jicky where the civet is part of a complex fragrance. It's more like I haven't washed in months

I know someone mentioned Avon Occur! earlier in this thread, but I'm wearing it for the first time today and it's so civety that I'm wondering if it's NSFW. I got mine at a thrift store but this one is super cheap on ebay, so I recommend it.

Well Jicky Pdt is a civet monster, sorry never tried the edp.

Caron Narcisse Noir is another civet monster, but it has to be the parfum the edt is weak and watery
    DONNA

I could be mis-smelling things, but Chanel No. 5 strikes me as having a good quantity of civet. Especially the parfum, which is so furry and warm and animalic.

Some civet was released last year ,I'm thinking of Absolur pour le soir from MFK and M/Mink from Byredo....unexpected animals

Basenotes Plus

No suggestions for Weil's Zibeline? no the easiest stuff to find but a rich warm scent with civet and ambergris in the base.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Another +1 for MFK Absolue pour le soir

Am I hallucinating, or is there civet in Ava Luxe Chypre Noir?
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~