Code of Conduct

Default creed-private-collection-tabarome- will anyone be dishing out the $405.00 for this?

Last edited by neal; 10th February 2010 at 01:23 AM.

Default Re: creed-private-collection-tabarome- will anyone be dishing out the cash for this?

Not if I had hundred dollar bills shooting out of my arse! I draw the line at about $200 for a bottle and even that is rare for me to do. There are so many great fragrances that can be had for a quarter of that price, and I'd rather have 4 of those. Or even one cheap bottle of something and a really good trip to the nudie bar! But that's just me.

Default Re: creed-private-collection-tabarome- will anyone be dishing out the cash for this?

Already did when I found a flacon about a year ago - and I don't regret it one bit. IMO, it really is as good as you've heard. Plus, it will only increase in value, if you're a buy/sell/trade type. Once you've worn it once or twice it's somewhat unlikely you'll be able to part with it, though. I am very fond of it. Highly recommended to anyone who's a serious collector, or even if you just want a good collection of classic men's fragrances. This one's top of the list.

yes
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 10th February 2010 at 12:33 AM.

Default Re: creed-private-collection-tabarome- will anyone be dishing out the $405.00 for this?

I scored some another way, but I likely would have if I couldn't find a better deal.

Default Re: creed-private-collection-tabarome- will anyone be dishing out the $405.00 for this?

As much as I love this frag...
    That's a lot of bread for 50ml.
    I have a 75ml tester bottle that I'll have to use sparingly. [This is Cairomerta's cue to gloat!]

Although, RL Chaps is a pretty decent substitute... [This is Cairomerta's cue to gloat!]

In a word, No.

I need to put four new tyres on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by manuel View Post
    as much as i love this frag...
    I have a 75ml tester bottle that i'll have to use sparingly. [this is cairomerta's cue to gloat!]

although, rl chaps is a pretty decent substitute... [this is cairomerta's cue to gloat!]

gloat gloat gloat hahahahahah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    As much as I love this frag...
    I have a 75ml tester bottle that I'll have to use sparingly. [This is Cairomerta's cue to gloat!]

Although, RL Chaps is a pretty decent substitute... [This is Cairomerta's cue to gloat!]
    What's the RL substitute? Apologies in advance for the noob question.

I think he's saying Ralph Lauren Chaps is his substitute for Vintage Tabarome, but I think he's being clever.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 10th February 2010 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Black View Post
    What's the RL substitute? Apologies in advance for the noob question.
    Ralph Lauren Chaps

yes and no. thats about 7x FULL retail. or 14x what shops in NYC had this for several years ago. they couldnt get rid of this. all you really have to do is put a mothball in your pocket and you will save alotta dough. sreiously though- Count Tabarome insists there will be no more of this ever. i think when all the changes in perfumery are in place, it will be a sad day. a day to wear Tabarome 1875. if you really like something unusual look for a way and load up-before this type of situation repeats.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I think he's saying Ralph Lauren Chaps is his substitute for Vintage Tabarome, but I think he's being clever.
    No, I'm actually quite serious, it's been discussed here on the boards before. The two are very similar frags. Try a side by side when you get a chance. VT has a drier peppery edge whereas Chaps has a warmer musky sandalwood drydown.
    Two very good fragrances at different ends of the price spectrum.

Well, for me I gloat on Rive Gauche :P...That means I'm saving..$350 ...Hazzah for me and my Rive Gauche filials...that is ridiculous...I think Creed are to darn happy with their laurels in my opinion...Considering no reason to put the price down a mite......Ie; - $100 and I'll buy it no problem...though...hmmm, seems to risky

Anyway...Bless everyone's soul to whom purchasing this pious fragrance...without the price being put into context. I think
    I'm gonna try on some More Rive Gauche to appease feelings of missing out on Vintage Tabarome..

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

No. My 70 odd mls will last three lifetimes. Half a spray of this lasts all day on me and more becomes nose-threatening. It is very powerful juice. The price is highway robbery. I'd rather just wear Habanita .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

When I saw the thread title I thought "what's the problem!?!?! - sounds quite cheap compared to what it's going for in Creed places here in the UK" (yes, some bottles will also be available here apparently). Then I clicked on the link and saw the 50ml size. Ye gods, for that price I want 50mls of angel's tears with healing properties.

I love most Creed frags, but I just don't think any of them are worth the price and this one just takes the biscuit.
    Last edited by great_badir; 10th February 2010 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_badir View Post
    When I saw the thread title I thought "what's the problem!?!?! - sounds quite cheap compared to what it's going for in Creed places here in the UK" (yes, some bottles will also be available here apparently). Then I clicked on the link and saw the 50ml size. Ye gods, for that price I want 50mls of angel's tears with healing properties.

I love most Creed frags, but I just don't think any of them are worth the price and this one just takes the biscuit.
    Well, if money was no object I'd buy this if I ran out, while Windsor, which is the same price on the 50ml size, wouldn't be worth even $50 to me. All a matter of what you want and what you got (in your bank account)
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Nah - not me. I can buy Creed from online discounters at pretty reasonable prices and would go that route before ever buying at that price. Besides, VT isn't my cup of tea scent wise.
    Last edited by WhosYerBob; 10th February 2010 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Well, if money was no object I'd buy this if I ran out, while Windsor, which is the same price on the 50ml size, wouldn't be worth even $50 to me. All a matter of what you want and what you got (in your bank account)
    Too true.

Not at all. I won't be buying any more Creed products. I don't like the business.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Not at all. I won't be buying any more Creed products. I don't like the business.
    A principled stance. I think I couldn't resist replenishing my Baie de Genievre, REL, Orange Spice or Bois du Portugal, if I ever ran out. I doubt Creed will be making any fragrances of interest to me in the future, though.
    My Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Why?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I will not be purchasing it.

I am personally amused that when a company marks up a product to cash in on its scarcity, they are an evil empire.

But if one of the regular trader/sellers or TPC were to have bought a flacon of VT at the old price of $250 and sold it off in decants they jacked up generously, well...

I bought three ounces from an individual who scored a flacon at the old price and paid almost enough to offset his original purchase price. He sold a fair amount to others as well.

I think selling the VT with the $160 atomizer is a poison pill for those who would have snapped up the flacons only to mark it up and sell it themselves.

If it's true that they only have fifty 50ml units to sell, that translates into about ten 8.4 ounce flacons. I'm sure many would question whether the back story on VT is true. i.e Do they really only have 80 ounces or so left?

If you don't like Creed don't buy it. But understand that in two years, the VT that they're selling now will be a lot pricier from TPC or private collectors. Check out TPC price on Creed Cuir de Russie. Contrast their current price for VT with the cost of the Creed offer with reusable atomizer.

There are plenty of collectors and decant sellers waiting for the VT to disappear from the Creed site so they can cash in even more.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 10th February 2010 at 03:35 PM.

$50 atomizer and all. amen.
    why not buy a couple at $405 and sell them in June for $?. you will be doing a great favor to some one who "missed out" on this
    no. there is no more Tabarome anywhere. no-one who loves this has a ton of it in their wine frig. no- one.
    Tabaromes are now protected. anyone caught catching and squeezing one will be punished to the fullest extent allowable.
    if you like something look for a deal on it and load up. you may get it quite cheaply.

Still unsure, yet in spite of all the warnings, the temptation is huge.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 10th February 2010 at 09:04 PM.

I wouldn't push it on anybody. It's kind of an odd scent by today's standards. I'm wearing Royal English Leather today and it's kind of similar.

I would bet there are a handful of original priced flacons out there somewhere but wouldn't bet they will easy to find. It's an old school scent that probably hasn't sold well or much at all in years. I'd wonder if they'll even sell out the Creed special offer. I see there are some Windsor atomizers left. At this price level and with these kind of scents, there is a small slice of market that's really interested.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 10th February 2010 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by possum7 View Post
    no-one who loves this has a ton of it in their wine frig. no- one.
    Not quite a ton, but Cairomerta has a liter of it...

I scored one, but not from Creed. And actually, it was an incredible deal. I was just at my local Neiman's asking if they had any Tabarome left. The SA thought they did, checked, then said she could check the SKU and see if there were any left at other stores. Apparently there were four. So, I told her about what Creed was doing with the Atomizer deal and she said "Hell, you buy an atomizer, and I'll fill it for free!". Unfortunately, none of the other stores had any bottles left (the one that did, the bottle was broken). So, for $170, I bought a brown Atomizer, and she filled it straight from the 2.5oz Tester. Now THAT'S customer service!
    The Bark Bites Back.

It's out there...just because we frag heads know about it doesn't even mean the employees in many stores that sell Creed have a clue.

id double check on that broken bottle. if its chipped or something like that, there is nothing wrong with the perfume. i found 2 VT 8.4's exactly that way to add to my bulging stores. get on it man!-before the scalpers get it. Possum7

So what's your story possum7, you have 9 posts, all related to Vintage Tabarome?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Good stuff but at that price it should be called Greed Vintage Tabarome
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Sur la Plage

No. What I already own is enough for me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I wouldn't get it either. I agree with The_Good_Life and would be just as if not more happy with Molinard's Habanita.

Like Jrd4t, I too now dislike the company. I won't be considering anything by the brand in the future.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I am personally amused that when a company marks up a product to cash in on its scarcity, they are an evil empire.

But if one of the regular trader/sellers or TPC were to have bought a flacon of VT at the old price of $250 and sold it off in decants they jacked up generously, well...

If you don't like Creed don't buy it. But understand that in two years, the VT that they're selling now will be a lot pricier from TPC or private collectors. Check out TPC price on Creed Cuir de Russie. Contrast their current price for VT with the cost of the Creed offer with reusable atomizer.

There are plenty of collectors and decant sellers waiting for the VT to disappear from the Creed site so they can cash in even more.
    Ha, so brilliantly stated. People who whine about fragrance companies making money on their own good work - you can only wonder if they're under the delusion that companies like Creed are public services. Of course they deserve to make as much money as they can. That's what business is about. Congratulations to them if they can get consumers to pay top dollar. If any one of us owned a fragrance firm, we'd want to charge as much as the market will bear, too.

And yes, VT is a superior investment. Jump on it. You won't be sorry later. You can even just wear it, instead of being compelled to sell. It's great stuff.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Only if the proceeds go to Haiti quake survivors...

Curiosity: how big of a company do people think Creed is? How many employees?

So what's your story possum7, you have 9 posts, all related to Vintage Tabarome?
    yes. i hope its not suspicious or anything. VT is the only thing Possums are wearing. cant get enough, but wont pay the big bucks. private collector. never sell, only buy.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    I wouldn't get it either. I agree with The_Good_Life and would be just as if not more happy with Molinard's Habanita.

Like Jrd4t, I too now dislike the company. I won't be considering anything by the brand in the future.
    Does this mean I get my flacon of Private Tabarome back?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by possum7 View Post
    yes. i hope its not suspicious or anything. VT is the only thing Possums are wearing. cant get enough, but wont pay the big bucks. private collector. never sell, only buy.
    Time will tell I suppose. Your appearance concurrent with the release of the special Vintage Tabarome offer and your singular focus are interesting. Perhaps you're the "anti-Karl55."

Don't suppose you own any Le Labos or L'Artisans? A little Dior Homme? Perhaps some A*Men?
    Bond No. 9?

Just a bunch of bottles of VT, huh?
    Last edited by StylinLA; 11th February 2010 at 01:14 AM.

How come there are only Creed "will you buy it" threads whenever they are close to launching a high priced "exclusive"? Come on people, we need one for every Guerlain, Dior, Chanel, Bond no. 9, etc. high priced exclusive as well ! (which would be a lot of threads actually..).
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    How come there are only Creed "will you buy it" threads whenever they are close to launching a high priced "exclusive"? Come on people, we need one for every Guerlain, Dior, Chanel, Bond no. 9, etc. high priced exclusive as well ! (which would be a lot of threads actually..).
    I would certainly welcome this. Trying to get more info about all these.

Hmmm, I say...www.theperfumecourt.com wins!!...A sample vial is all I need!!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Time will tell I suppose. Your appearance concurrent with the release of the special Vintage Tabarome offer and your singular focus are interesting. Perhaps you're the "anti-Karl55."

Don't suppose you own any Le Labos or L'Artisans? A little Dior Homme? Perhaps some A*Men?
    Bond No. 9?

Just a bunch of bottles of VT, huh?
    no im afraid im not Evil-Kinevil or whomever. could i use as an example the man who was completely enamored of a particular pipe tobacco. he was obsessed. he purchased it regularly for years and smoked it as well. eventually he had several hundred cans of it when his doctor told him to quit. so he did- but this tobacco stopped being produced. ingredients necessary to its uniqueness were unavailable and pipe smokers went mad. paid hundreds for one can. he sold most all of it and bought a gorgeous car for cash. its a changing world. when Chanel Pour Monsieur and Anteus were reformulated i loaded up too. but my obsession continues to be VT. see i go through a bottle a year, only now its over 2 grand for the bottle, and im pissed but good. its like someone saying " well there is no more milk, but for you my fellow i have some for $52 a gallon " i wont buy . had i known wines i drank with my friends 25 years ago which we paid $175 for would be worth $26,000 a bottle today, what would i do. there is no correct answer. i didnt ask anyone for crap here. so unless my doctor tells me i cant wear scent any longer, ill just keep doin what i been doin. see you around.

LOL. Try some Royal English Leather. You might like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    Does this mean I get my flacon of Private Tabarome back?
    Golly I'll have to think about that. I've been afraid to break the seal on it even. Now that I've got it though, well, the world is already soiled with it, so I'll probably use up the mud for the pleasure.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Talking Re: creed-private-collection-tabarome- will anyone be dishing out the $405.00 for this?

I am very pleased I bought a NEW 250ml flacon a while ago for $250. From a Basenoter too! I love the stuff. Sometimes I will spray a bunch on just before I hit the sack. I love it. When I run out,yes I will buy again.
    Still haven't figured out what the leather thingy is for.

akdeluxe
    Last edited by akdeluxe; 12th February 2010 at 05:19 AM. Reason: duh

With this kind of price tag you could, if you really wanted, just buy a sample for $15 bucks or so and then spend the remaining money on a full gas chromatography reverse engineering from a good lab and have a compounding company make it for a fraction of the price for the rest of your life :P. But share the formula with us, too! Reverse engineering breaks any trade secrets claims and that way the original could be around forever!

Hmm, come to think of it, if I ever get enough disposable income I might do just that. Publicizing the formulas of the classics would go a long way towards preserving perfume's heritage from narrow minded accountants and other meddlers.