Code of Conduct

Default French Lover vs Bois d' orange??

Is there any difference at all between these Malle scents? I see people selling decants of both but I thought they were exactly the same just changed the name for the US market?? Or is there a difference in notes or concentrations btn. the two??
    thanks
    Last edited by chipper; 10th February 2010 at 02:34 AM.
    SALE:Bond no.9, Armani Code Summer, Prada, Kenzo, Amouage...more!!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/310...o-Amouage-more!!

Default Re: French Lover vs Bois d' orange??

as far as I know they are the same thing
    there was a reformulation that changed the concentration from 7% to 9%, and the reformulation is suppose to be better
    someone can correct me if there is a need to
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I understand that these are the IDENTICAL scents, only different names to market in different countries.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I think this fragrance was originally conceived as 'French Lover' for the European market and then when it was launched/supposed to be launched in the USA, it encountered a few issues due to its name. Hence it was rechristened as 'French Lover'.

As for a reformulation, there was indeed something that happened where the parfum content was brought down as was evident from the label marking. I think I also read somewhere that FM admitted that it was some kind of a printing mistake and that the parfum content had not been reduced. Honestly speaking, I am not quite sure what was the truth.

On another note, I find my bottle of Bois D'Orage does have longevity issues.

Blog Entries

I don't smell any difference between the two.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Same fragrance, one bottle with an English name that sounds silly and one bottle with a French name that sounds silly when translated into English.

Same

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I think this fragrance was originally conceived as 'French Lover' for the European market and then when it was launched/supposed to be launched in the USA, it encountered a few issues due to its name. Hence it was rechristened as 'French Lover'.

As for a reformulation, there was indeed something that happened where the parfum content was brought down as was evident from the label marking. I think I also read somewhere that FM admitted that it was some kind of a printing mistake and that the parfum content had not been reduced. Honestly speaking, I am not quite sure what was the truth.

On another note, I find my bottle of Bois D'Orage does have longevity issues.
    I THINK, that the Bois d'Orage either hasn't been changed to the 9% or took longer to make the change, so there are still 7% bottles out there. My French Lover (purchased from Les Senteurs in England) is 9%. Both Bois d'Orage and French Lover are 100% the same.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

It's a pretty good scent, by the way. The only Malle scent that I thought was more or less worthwhile.
    It reminded me a great deal of Gucci PH except much much more refined and sophisticated. If I hadn't spent tons of money already, I would have considered buying a bottle, although it's almost too formal for me to wear.

But yeah, afaik, it's the same thing.
    Last edited by Vladdypwnz; 10th February 2010 at 09:08 PM.