Code of Conduct

Default French Lover vs Bois d' orange??

Is there any difference at all between these Malle scents? I see people selling decants of both but I thought they were exactly the same just changed the name for the US market?? Or is there a difference in notes or concentrations btn. the two??
    thanks
    Last edited by chipper; 10th February 2010 at 02:34 AM.
    SALE:Bond no.9, Armani Code Summer, Prada, Kenzo, Amouage...more!!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/310...o-Amouage-more!!

Default Re: French Lover vs Bois d' orange??

I understand that these are the IDENTICAL scents, only different names to market in different countries.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Black Orchid by Tom Ford

I think this fragrance was originally conceived as 'French Lover' for the European market and then when it was launched/supposed to be launched in the USA, it encountered a few issues due to its name. Hence it was rechristened as 'French Lover'.

As for a reformulation, there was indeed something that happened where the parfum content was brought down as was evident from the label marking. I think I also read somewhere that FM admitted that it was some kind of a printing mistake and that the parfum content had not been reduced. Honestly speaking, I am not quite sure what was the truth.

On another note, I find my bottle of Bois D'Orage does have longevity issues.

Blog Entries

I don't smell any difference between the two.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Same fragrance, one bottle with an English name that sounds silly and one bottle with a French name that sounds silly when translated into English.

Same

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I think this fragrance was originally conceived as 'French Lover' for the European market and then when it was launched/supposed to be launched in the USA, it encountered a few issues due to its name. Hence it was rechristened as 'French Lover'.

As for a reformulation, there was indeed something that happened where the parfum content was brought down as was evident from the label marking. I think I also read somewhere that FM admitted that it was some kind of a printing mistake and that the parfum content had not been reduced. Honestly speaking, I am not quite sure what was the truth.

On another note, I find my bottle of Bois D'Orage does have longevity issues.
    I THINK, that the Bois d'Orage either hasn't been changed to the 9% or took longer to make the change, so there are still 7% bottles out there. My French Lover (purchased from Les Senteurs in England) is 9%. Both Bois d'Orage and French Lover are 100% the same.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

It's a pretty good scent, by the way. The only Malle scent that I thought was more or less worthwhile.
    It reminded me a great deal of Gucci PH except much much more refined and sophisticated. If I hadn't spent tons of money already, I would have considered buying a bottle, although it's almost too formal for me to wear.

But yeah, afaik, it's the same thing.
    Last edited by Vladdypwnz; 10th February 2010 at 09:08 PM.