Code of Conduct

Question Have you purchased Creed's Windsor?

If so, do you regret your decision at all? I'm considering purchasing the 1.7oz atomizer. Thoughts? Complaints?

Default Re: Have you purchased Creed's Windsor?

Good fragrance but not worth $405 for 1.7 oz for me.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    Good fragrance but not worth $405 for 1.7 oz for me.
    Same here. Worth it at the flacon price.

I bought into a split of this, and loved it so much I immediately joined another split to ensure a decent supply,
    I have never really "got" a Creed fragrance...but this is something special!

I've bought 2 decants of it. Excellent!

Had to buy it. Insane curiosity got the best of me. Fortunately, the scent is very good. It's a nice addition to a collection, too. If you're looking for investment quality, or even just bragging rights, this one will do nicely.

I would desist from buying it blind. To me it is primarily a very synthetic smelling floral with an interesting top note and a more natural, but terribly weak and conventional drydown. In other words, a typical modern niche scent. For that kind of money, I'd have profumo.it make me an all natural bespoke fragrance. Or buy groceries for a month .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I bought the 50ml with atomizer. It was worth it to me. This is very special stuff. The manner in which I use frags means this will last years. I appreciate the price break on a flacon, but prefer smaller 50ml size. There were a few flacons left when I bought it.

I like male rose scents, entrusted Dullah's early enthusiastic reviews and did blind buy it, But, I would encourage you sample. I have a large variety of frags, most of which I really like a lot. Windsor just one more of them for certain purposes.

If you're looking for a frag you'll wear a lot, you should sample it first. It is perfume art, no doubt, but it's wearability will vary from person to person. It is not for everyone, and I don't mean that in some sort of elitist way. It's an odd, aloof and austere scent.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 10th February 2010 at 03:38 PM.

Opinion: To me, Windsor is an OK modern scent and certainly not worth that money.
    Fact: They originally claimed it contained "Duke of Windsor" roses. When somebody on these boards pointed out that the variety mentioned didn't exist at the date Creed said this was composed, the promotional material was quickly altered to accomodate this fact and an older variety substituted.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 10th February 2010 at 11:00 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I really enjoy the scent after I took home a sample from the creed boutique in NYC. I'm debating whether to grab an atomizer but 405 is pretty steep for such little juice. As I've sampled it from a non-spray vial, I've managed to get about 4 hours on my skin. Do you all have the same experience?

It lasts a good 8 hours on me, but it's pretty light at the end. I usually spray a little on shirt cuffs or collar which keeps it around longer.

I might spring for a decant.

Sur la Plage

IMO, it is an OK scent that is not anywhere near worth the 50ml or flacon price.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Goshdarnit... all of these threads about it finally have piqued my interest. Too bad any purchase like this will be 100% blind for me though.
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread - AGAIN
    I still need a Creed Original Vetiver 120ml cap...