Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Wednesday 10 February

Good morning!

Etat Libre d'Orange Vierges et Toreros for me today.

ELd'O has launched a new scent called Like This which is dedicated to Tilda Swinton. The notes are mandarin, ginger, "potiron jungle essence", immortelle, neroli, rose, vetiver, heliotrope, musk.
    http://www.etatlibredorange.com/

Have a wonderful Wednesday, all!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 10 February

Good morning all Hope all those having a rough time feel better soon! Been rather busy with my visitors from South Africa and school the last couple of days,so not entirely updated on the sotd threads I thought it might be weirder than it really turned out,to see my ex again...and not to forget his gf! But I guess it's been so many years now that we're able to have fun together again as friends.Sotd is Shalimar today.

Dependent

Morning ladies.

ANNICK GOUTAL
    Musc Nomade

Chanel Platinum Egoiste

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Basenotes Institution

Heavily spritzed with Dior Homme - with additional spritzes of Dior Homme Cologne ! Yummy - fab unisex iris . ( The Dior SAs think I am beyond hope ! )

Have a good day everyone and thoughts to all who are having a hard day.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

Tigrushka, That Tilda Swinton homage sounds exotic and lush!

Mystic Knot- On your next trip to the orient, I want to shlep your bags or something so I can watch this fascinating cultural exchange between you and the SA's.

Currently I'm wearing a Caron classic, Nuit de Noel
    Last edited by knit at nite; 10th February 2010 at 07:45 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    Tigrushka, That Tilda Swinton homage sounds exotic and lush!

Mystic Knot- On your next trip to the orient, I want to shlep your bags or something so I can watch this fascinating cultural exchange between you and the SA's.

Currently I'm wearing a Caron classic, Nuit de Noel
    Oh yeah ,come along - we'd have great fun - they are truly pissed off with me now. Testing away ,yakking away........I told the Dior SAs that Diorissimo has new packaging and they thought it was weird I knew . ( Now they probably think I have 'underground' connections as well as being a gender bender.) Hence one of them pulled out a new box and took out the new bottle for me - the bottle is about a third larger than the old one ,heavier and it's a good design.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 10 February

Great Wednesday everyone

Pierre Montale' s VETIVER DES SABLES

Notes of : vetiver, mahogany and Indian spices
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

OOOH... they might think you are a secret shopper who reports back to management....keep them on their toes, girl!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Oh yeah ,come along - we'd have great fun - they are truly pissed off with me now. Testing away ,yakking away........I told the Dior SAs that Diorissimo has new packaging and they thought it was weird I knew . ( Now they probably think I have 'underground' connections as well as being a gender bender.) Hence one of them pulled out a new box and took out the new bottle for me - the bottle is about a third larger than the old one ,heavier and it's a good design.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    Good morning!

Etat Libre d'Orange Vierges et Toreros for me today.

ELd'O has launched a new scent called Like This which is dedicated to Tilda Swinton. The notes are mandarin, ginger, "potiron jungle essence", immortelle, neroli, rose, vetiver, heliotrope, musk.
    http://www.etatlibredorange.com/

Have a wonderful Wednesday, all!
    Tigrushka I'd been waiting to hear about the Tilda Swinton fragrance, it sounds like a must-try.

I'm scent twins with Mysticknot in Dior Homme today.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

A scent homage to Tilda Swinton? That I must try, for I love her dearly...

Drydown of YR Nature EdP... Gosh, this stuff is tenacious! I'm waiting for several parcels to arrive, so if they do today, I'll have plenty of choice for later...

Blog Entries

Believe by Britney Spears.

Esperys by E. Coudray.

I don't hear much about this one on Basenotes, but it is a very sensuous floriental, which
    came out in 2007. Ooops, did I reveal one of my secrets?

This is my post number 500 on Basenotes, and I ‘d like to dedicated it to my dog, Chubby who left so sudden about 10 weeks ago. I noticed that he’d let me hug him longer than usual when I wearing a certain scent and so when he had to visit the vet , I never fail to wear the scent (I thought) he loved hoping it will calm him somehow.
    I didn’t wear that perfume since his last check-up. And I think I might try wearing it again today….

Chubby, this one for you…..

Comptoir Sud Pacifique : Vanille Peach

MdO Jabu today for a little liquid sunshine.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    This is my post number 500 on Basenotes, and I ‘d like to dedicated it to my dog, Chubby who left so sudden about 10 weeks ago. I noticed that he’d let me hug him longer than usual when I wearing a certain scent and so when he had to visit the vet , I never fail to wear the scent (I thought) he loved hoping it will calm him somehow.
    I didn’t wear that perfume since his last check-up. And I think I might try wearing it again today….

So sorry for your loss, Jasper... I don't know (yet) what is like to loose a dear pet, but my thoughts are with you...

eau de campagne - sisley
    Wishlist is pointless.

D&G 10 La Roue De La Fortune Again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From a sample (kisskisskiss Sloan_8013) Bond #9 Bryant Park. Sparkly raspberries and roses and rhubarb on an ambery base.

Oh dear.
    Last edited by TaoLady; 10th February 2010 at 11:40 AM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Oh, Taolady!!! That sounds purrrrrrfect!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in Barbara Bui today:

amber, musk, woodsy notes, incense and note dima.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    OOOH... they might think you are a secret shopper who reports back to management....keep them on their toes, girl!
    *LOL* I will ! I think their hearts sink when they see me coming along ......

Eva Pasco

Good morning!

Jasper, I am so sorry for the loss of Chubby...

A major snowstorm arriving here so I'll just put on Bodycology lotion and a spritz of mist from their Gardenia line.

May each of us navigate today with an abundance of love to guide us...

Carnal Flower

Sipping coffee Watching the gorgeous snowfall Inhaling "Quand vient la pluie," even though the name does not match the weather.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Oh, what the heck, I think I'll join Mysticknot and Libertine in Dior Homme (I was thinking about that one already). So that makes a triplet on this smooth, sweet Iris.

Ineespenes! I'm joining you in Shalimar, PDT today! (I've also been very busy in the "real" world! )

Chanel No. 19 EDT

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Adolfo Dominguez definitely worthy of a wear this AM
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Unhappy Re: SotD Wednesday 10 February

Jean Despez : Bal a Versailles. EdT Unfortunately doesnt last long which makes me wonder if it was old stock. I'm told the original was quite something

Oh, Jasper, I know what it is to loose a pet..so sorry for you. This was the best tribute for Chubby, for sure! If I could have done it, I'd have bottled up an "eau de doggy ears", it would be my favorite comfort scent!
    Today, Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist. Smooth,creamy and comfortable.

Nice to see E Coudray mentioned on Basenotes. I bought the Ambre and Vanille body cream having rejected the perfume Esperys
    Your coment has made me think again

Staring out the window at Stately Somerville Manor waiting for the snow to arrive.
    I thought I'd spice myself up.

Comme des Garcons X Monocle Scent Two: Laurel

Comme des Garcons and their first co-promotion with the lifestyle magazine Monocle was 2008’s Scent One: Hinoki. Hinoki was created by Antoine Maisondieu and was my favorite new fragrance of 2008. There was an over-the top quality to many of the notes in Hinoki and they all came together near-perfectly for me.

Late in 2009 the same team have come together for Scent Two: Laurel and we are whisked from the fresh cedar milieu of Japan to the Bekaa Valley of Lebanaon as inspiration. In the press materials for Laurel, M. Maisondieu states he was trying to re-create a scent that would evoke the traditional Lebanese soap Alep, which is an olive-oil based soap containing crushed laurel in it. I doubt many of us are familiar with that soap. Laurel will have a familiarity to many because Laurel is another name for bay leaf. Bay leaf is that spice added to many stew pots or soups to add a little extra zing. It also was the whole leaf, when you found it on your soup spoon, that your mother told you not to eat because it would make you sick.

The choice of bay leaf to create the central core of a fragrance is a good one as it is a strong note capable of standing up to the strongest of notes and that’s what M. Maisondieu chooses to pair with the bay leaf. The top of Laurel can come off very harsh as the bay leaf mixed with pepper is what dominates the opening minutes of Laurel on my skin. Hinoki also had the same almost too-much beginning but where Hinoki was the cool of camphor to start, Laurel works the heat of spice and pepper. As a colognoisseur who likes spices; I love this as this feels like the smell of opening a jar of bay leaf and pepper before tossing them in my soup and smelling the aromatic mix of the spices as they are added to my recipe. This is a strong challenging note and for those of you who test on paper first it comes off really strong there. On my skin it mellowed enough to make it easily wearable for me. As the pepper pulls back a raw green cedar note paired with a slightly camphor-like patchouli appear. This is almost a nod back to Hinoki but really the cedar and patchouli are present in Laurel to present a contrasting cool to the spiciness of the bay leaf. The base works with notes that complement the bay leaf, as a smoky incense and an edgy medicinal amber appear and accentuate the aromatic quality of bay leaf to bring this to a rousing conclusion.

Laurel has average longevity and slightly above average sillage on me.

Laurel is a strong challenging fragrance in the tradition of Diptyque’s L’Autre or Le Labo’s Patchouli 24. It doesn’t necessarily smell like either of those fragrances but where it is similar is in it’s no-nonsense approach to exploring the fragrant possibilities of a difficult and challenging note and converting that into a fragrance that transforms and explores the possibilities of that note. M. Maisondieu has taken bayleaf/laurel and worked that kind of magic by taking bay leaf from my soup pot to something I can’t wait to wear over and over. Bring on Scent Three, please.

Have a Wicked Wednesday everyone.

Basenotes Plus

(((((Jasper)))))

Tigrushka, thanks for the heads up on Like This. I adore Tilda Swinton and that note listing is mouthwatering.

We are in the midst of a blizzard that started around 8 last evening. Winds are up to 45mph and the snow is falling thick and fast. My office is closed and, rarity of rarities, so are the New York City public schools. The storm is expected to last until midnight, so there's a good chance we may be home tomorrow, too.

Sotd is Ghost Deepest Night, luscious, heady and tropical.

top notes: freesia, mango
    middle notes: honey, tiare flower
    base notes: sandalwood, vanilla

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Bois de Violette for me today.

I find this goes well with snow.

Have a good Wednesday!

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Rochas Lui.

Top notes: Calabrian citron, neroli
    Middle notes: buffalo grass, sycamore wood, cedar
    Base notes: patchouli, amber plant, vanilla pulp

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

A spicy dose of Opium EdT. It's sunny and warmer than it has been in a couple of weeks here, so this seemed like a nice scent to complement the day.

Glad to see the lovely ladies rocking the Dior Homme. It is such a fantastic iris and cocoa with the best suede drydown I've come across.

I'm also trying on some chocolate, but in different forms.

I haven't settled in for a true SotD yet, but I'm off from work so doing some fun sample comparisons. Right now in one corner is the hoity-toity niche, SL's Borneo 1834 and in the other a hand-crafted upstart, Smell Bent's Hungry Hungry Hippies.

Both dark and rich patchouli-chocolate scents, one edp, the other oil. I'm not sure yet, but we might have an upset on our hands. The underdog from Smell Bent has a more foody, and fudgey cocoa aroma and has this additional minty/cinnamon accord that I really like. It's also projecting better at the moment (an hour and a half in). Definitely more playful, if less complex than the Lutens.

Enjoy the day all.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Inees, you're a brave girl, to meet up w/ old loves !

((((( Jasper)))))- Chubby was SO beautiful. What a love !

Sending good will out to all you dear folks- all those struggling today.

I'm in Cuir de Lancome- or was.
    Maybe, I'll go fluffy in Kenzo Amour- it's going to snow here soon, and a lot.
    Probably not as much as Terry's getting, though !
    [KISS]

PCP spent 2 1/2 hours w/ me.
    Lots to discuss, alter, etc.
    Was told NOT to work today, per doctor's orders [ TAKE THAT, you evil boss !].

Much love to you great guys....

Basenotes Institution

L'Heure Bleue (new EdP) by Guerlain

Inspired by Strollyourlobster's thread about LhB, I decided to give a full wearing (for the 2nd time) to the 'new' EdP of this juice (compared to the vintage Parfum de Toilette I also own). It isn't bad, in fact it's quite acceptable for this Guerlain fan, and if it was the only formulation of LhB I could obtain, I'd own it - but it lacks a discernible wide-angle top note of iris that the vintage has. It smells less like a pastry and more like a fragrance. I actually prefer the pastry effect. Nonetheless, it's still as melancholy as all get up.

Profumum Vanitas.

Thank you, every single one of you, for the kind words.

I love being here even though sometimes I just "post and run" and seem to be very "quiet" But I do enjoy reading what you has to say. The passion in life you guys put into words inspire me.

Thank you.

Blog Entries

Annick Goutal - Eau D'Hadrien

Sicilian lemon, grapefruit, touches of citron, green mandarin and woody cypress.
    Last edited by kumquat; 10th February 2010 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post

My SotD is Lacoste Booster.

Hey, Jasper, I know how you miss Chubby, for dog is a man's best friend. I don't want to say too much to make you cry, here's a song for you. Keep smiling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbnua2kSa8
    Last edited by KiatBkk; 10th February 2010 at 03:46 PM.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I'm in Chanel 31 Rue Cambon...a sample sent by my dear niece ube.

I'm in Chanel's Beige today. Jasper - so sorry, and so brave of you to reapproach that fragrance.

Blog Entries

Snow day here, all the schools are closed.

My father is still in the ICU following his heart attack; Mom is barely getting any sleep. I wish they were not so many miles away.

And my sister-in-law's mother died yesterday.

It is one of *those* weeks.

I need something cheerful to wear! I think maybe L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger. I'll imagine I'm in an orange grove in Florida instead of operating a snowblower!

Green Valley by Creed
    Gary

Hello everyone!

The snow has stopped falling and the sun is shining and it really is a beautiful, if cold and frigid, day. I'm celebrating all sorts of nice things in Jean Patou's glorious Sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Esperys by E. Coudray. I don't hear much about this one on Basenotes, but it is a very sensuous floriental, which came out in 2007. Ooops, did I reveal one of my secrets?
    I recently discovered Givrine by E. Coudray (thanks to a generous BN pal!) I knew within minutes of spritzing it on that I had to have it! It's hard to find, but I did, and now it's just a matter of time before it's mine. I'm very eager to try their other fragrances now - they all sound very nice!

Sending warm and comforting wishes to all, and an extra hug for kewart, Jasper and 30 Roses.

30 Roses, they will be in my prayer tonight.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Yumming up some VIP Room leather and sweets.

Poor, 30 Roses, it sounds like you've reached that road sign that says “Things can't get much rougher.” Hope you're getting enough good, solid sleep.

Jasper, you put a lump in my throat. If I ruled the world/universe, I'd guarantee that we all get to reunite with our pets in the next life. I'd like to meet Chubby then.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Huge hugs to 30roses, and to Jasper, and a virtual skritch-behind-the-ears to Chubby. I would like to think he is playing a *gentle* game of "chase" with Adagio, our dearly departed giant bunny.

Decided I needed something opulent and sumptuous-smelling today... Serge Lutens Cedre for me today.

Cedre notes: Cedarwood, tuberose, musk, amber and cinnamon.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Eau de Reglisse

Oh my. Big Hugs to ((30 Roses and Jasper)) today!

Wore SL La Myrrhe yesterday afternoon.

Spent last evening giving a good wear to Profumum Neroli, very thoughtfully provided by Kumquat. Absolutely lovely orange flower/neroli with a distinct dirty note, at least to me. Love that in a frag. This may indeed go on the wish list! Gave it a short wear last week, and really wanted to thoroughly testdrive it. Next is Mazzolari's Vetiver for tonight.

This morning I am all decked out in Feminite' du Bois. Just right for today. Not sure yet what I'll wear this afternoon.

Calm day to all.

Mysticknot: I love Enigma, esp "Return to Innocence". Great song, great lyrics.
    Last edited by Lessa; 10th February 2010 at 06:48 PM.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Hugs to all Basenoters going through a rough time.

SotD: PG's 10 Aomassai
    I might be a little crazy but in the drydown it reminds me of Apès l'Ondéee, which is a good thing.

Good Tuesday to everyone. Wearing Miller Harris Noix de Tubereuse for the third day in a row. Can't get enough of its loveliness.

Changing to Madini Alma de Alma for late afternoon. Lovely musky amber. Yummy!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Blog Entries

Thank you, Jasper. I'm very sorry you've lost your beloved dog. And thanks to all who offered a kind word or a hug.

I engaged in "baking therapy" today, and there are three cooling racks of chocolate chip nut cookies on the table as a result (less the 4 that have already been gobbled down by DH, DD and myself.)

We haven't gotten anywhere near the snow they were predicting-- at least, not so far. Hubby is out there shoveling the little we got, and kicking himself for letting me talk him into staying home from work-- but hey, they were predicting about 12-15" with gusts of 50 mph winds and every school in the state is closed, as well as many businesses.

Hugs to 30Roses, Jasper, kewart, chaya....and then another round for all of you kind souls...baking therapy sounds nice.

SOTD: Bandit EDP

I'm wearing the sample today - it was love at first sniff, so I bought the FB. Something to look forward to...

Hey Mysticknot - what kind of mischief are you creating? Missed you all - last few days have been weird - headaches and such...and was skipping the 'fume.

Have a great day, all!

Samsara edp for daytime. OJ Frangipani for bedtime to promote happy, positive dreams!

Hey, 30 Roses, baking is a good one. Also bubble baths and pedicures. Take care.
    Poor Jasper. I know, I know.

I wore Bois d'Armenie today, for the blizzard that didn't happen.