Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: Back when you were in high school with the budget you had back then, what would you buy?

I wouldn't change a thing, and I could still afford it today even earning the $2.25 an hour I made as a service station attendant while in high school in 1974. Tabac Original would still be my signature/only fragrance, and I would be as happy as I could be.

Default Re: Back when you were in high school with the budget you had back then, what would you buy?

JOOP! is quite cheap
    Kouros
    Opium Pour Homme
    Polo
    Chanel Allure

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    That was smart. Some guys didn't consider their tastes back then.
    Good point. That's like your present self recommending a fragrance for your younger self in high school. I can imagine how hilarious it would be for me to do the whole time machine thing and tell myself, "Hey, don't get Acqua Di Gio. Everyone's going to wear it. Trust me." "What? You're crazy, everyone wears Tommy and Polo Sport at my school." "Yea, for now, but give it a year or two, everyone will wear this stuff. Here, grab this bottle of Cartier Declaration, it's new, you'll like it. Also, grab the Hanae Mori since I know you love all things Japanese and you like chocolate. You'll wear this when it gets cold. Trust me, for years, no one else you'll be around will be wearing this stuff." "Anything else future Rawk Lee?" "Nope, don't worry, the computers won't explode when the year changes to 2000, you'll buy things called "DVD's", and you'll get cable internet in your neighborhood just like your cousins in Toronto very soon. Also, get your music downloads on a thing called Napster, but don't rely on it too much a year or two from now, good luck!"
    Last edited by Hollandaze; 11th February 2010 at 05:52 AM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

LOL. Hey Rawk, you forgot to tell yourself "Buy Yahoo and Google". Imagine if you'd invested some family savings and bought into these stocks... The same way Jim Caviezel's character did with his best bud in the 2000 movie, Frequency.

Haha...the girls I go to school with have only admired Joop PH, A*Men and Adidas Frags...So..I really give up on that...I guess If I want the girl then...hell, Joop PH it is!...though sample vials at the most :P..I guess it's the way we're brought up that depicts on how we enjoy a scent..

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Rive Gauche is the first frag to come to mind for me here. Very good size to price ratio, and of course smells amazing as we all know.

Versace Blue Jeans

ESCAPE FOR MEN calvin kelin... swore by this stuff. the shower gel..amazing

Back then I was wearing Cool Water, Lacoste Booster (15ml bottle and just got 4.2 bottle this month. How I miss it!), Fahrenheit, Polo Sport and CK Escape.

If I were in high school now, I would wear Rive Gauche, Silver Romance, Rochas Lui, F pour Homme Black, for instance.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    The girls I went to high school with wouldn't like Guerlain Vetiver (old tobacco smell)
    This would be a main reason I'd wear it...

The girls I went to high school with wouldn't like Guerlain Vetiver (old tobacco smell)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    This would be a main reason I'd wear it...
    That's hilarious!

Old Spice is what I used back in the day.

I wore Azzaro Pour Homme, Polo (green), and Grey Flannel back in High School. The Girls loved these back in the Day

What would I have worn knowing what I know now ?

Thats a tough one. All my money seemed to go to clothes. That was the "thing" in highschool. But I have always found mens fragrances to be very cool, so I know I would have wanted a bottle. Actually, highschool was very recently, so I can remember that I did want a bottle of something.

But with my knowledge of right now, well, I know I would steer clear from the junk ( Polo Sport and Eternity...etc). But I would likely have to get whatever the local discount shops were offering. And likely a couple of cheapies along the way. I don't even know if I could get ahold of alot of the fragrances that were being offered back then, but I would likely buy :

Versace Baby Blue Jeans and YSL Body Kouros. Maybe Carven Homme if available.
    Last edited by Surfacing; 14th February 2010 at 09:01 PM.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Well, I went to high school from 1974 through 1977 and had no interest in fragrances back then, but if I knew then what I know now and had to choose from what was available then (if I'm understanding the question correctly), I would probably choose Aramis, Paco Rabanne, and Pierre Cardin. I guess these would not be considered typical high school-type fragrances, but there really wasn't any such thing around back then as far as I know (unless you count Love's Baby Soft ).

Default What did you use in highschool

so my 1st question is What did you use in high school?

2nd question Im going to be a sophmore in highschool i already got my summer scents but not sure for winter. i already have angel men. do i need to get another cologne to get compliments because i wear cologne basically to feel good and get compliments. should i get a stud like le male or not. i dont like popular cologne or aquatics for example adg, fierce , cool water, curve etc. le male's popularity is not as high as the other colognes in high school so i would not mind wearing le male

Default Re: What did you use in highschool

I wore Aramis Tuscany, and Polo, but I'm strange. Never tried Le Male.

I used Armani Code, definitely got some compliments from the girls in my classes with that one :-P For a winter scent Le Male could be good, also try out Burberry London

Drakkar and every one else wore it too. Haha.

Blog Entries

Damn right you should buy Le Male! Also test 1 Million if you can, i find it very very good

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

1. Almost always...nothing. Very rarely a splash of Aqua Velva for a big date if I recall correctly.

2. Wear what you like best
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

clinique happy
    “The Sandal Tree as if to prove,
    How sweet to conquer hate by love,
    Perfumes the axe that lays it low.” Rabindranath Tagore, Indian poet.

Eternity....honrable mention: I wore Drakkar Noir to 7th-8th grade dances!

Oh those were good days. My locker had Aramis, Polo, Eau Sauvage, Habit Rouge, Chanel For Men, Lagerfeld Classic, and all the samples of crazy stuff I could beg from fragrance counters: Jacomo de Jacomo, Jacomo Anthracite, Azzygos (I think it was), R&G L'Homme and who knows what. Oh yeah, and my mom had bought me Halston Z-14 and 1-12.

I don't go for Le Male myself. It's also very popular, but that's a separate issue.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

In order of most often to least often: Polo Sport (3 bottles), Jovan Ginseng NRG (3 bottles), Hugo, Cool Water, Bowling Green, Nautica, Swiss Army, Perry Ellis 360, Nautica Competition, Coty Avatar

And of course other's frags also:
    friend's Emporio Armani/Eternity/Hilfiger/Chrome, GF's CK One, occasional shot of dad's Dana Navigator/Actif Blue, or Mom's 4711
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

My friends had Nautica and Fahrenheit but I had the rather mature 4 bottle rotation of Zino Davidoff, Gucci Nobile, Aramis Tuscany and Colours by Alexander Julian.

If you feel you can wear Le Male in a close quarters social situation like high school and not feel self conscious I say go for it! I would recommend that you go easy on the application for your sake and others. Le Male can get out of hand fast.

Yatagan, Paco Rabanne ph, Brut... A kiddo who wore his daddy's and uncle's fragrances, and spritzed half a bottle every day without shame

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Vavoom View Post
    ... and spritzed half a bottle every day without shame
    Hell yeah, and too bad all the high school ladies had that "sexual anxiety" problem wasn't it?

The cooler kids wore Kouros and Antaeus where I was, and I secretly ached to get a bottle of The Baron.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Chanel's Égoïste for the most part!

The only scent I wore through HS was of the lingering 'ode de herbal essence' I partook of every other period. LOL! I had what would be called A.D.D. now for most of my childhood and as soon as I started 'self medicating' my attention span and focus really got better.....surprisingly and contrary to common belief it improved my focus and allowed me to excel in my studies.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!