Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Fragrances bought from Amazon are:

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect

9 69.23%
  • Heat-damaged or Old

4 30.77%

Default What do you think of Amazon as a seller?

Have you had any problems?

Default Re: What do you think of Amazon as a seller?

I have to be honest..I've never bought fragrances from Amazon... but I've bought loads of other things.
    DVD's, books, a printer/scanner, and the service has always been brilliant!!

For the most part--maybe entirely?--Amazon just lists perfume stock from other companies, as they do with kitchen wares and all kinds of other stuff. You can buy Beautyhabit perfume through Amazon, for instance. I don't know if Amazon offers any sort of institutional support if you buy through them or not; that would be useful to know. The heavily discounted stuff will be gray market stock, though, I would think, and so you take the same chances you would anywhere else with the gray market. Hasn't seemed to matter to me.
    But I've bought through Amazon several times and had good results. In one case from a retailer who has a bad reputation on Basenotes but did well for me a couple times through Amazon. Which may be pure coincidence.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scentsableguy View Post
    I have to be honest..I've never bought fragrances from Amazon... but I've bought loads of other things.
    DVD's, books, a printer/scanner, and the service has always been brilliant!!
    Exactly what I was about to write..!

I've bought one frag from Amazon, not from the marketplace and it did come through with standard Amazon stickers and inserts, but there was a further sticker saying "delivered by Amazon on behalf of....". Can't remember who it was, but I didn't have any problems and it was legit stuff. Outside of that one frag, I've also never had any issues with my numerous Amazon and marketplace purchases.

No problem with any I've purchased through Amazon.

I have mixed results I would say. Initially I loved it but now I have second thoughts. I remember buying Azzaro Now from them before and the topnotes to me didn't smell as vibrant as my friend's bottle bought at Marshall's. Also, the Burberry London bottles also had some type of smell variation between them. I once bought Terre d'Hermes from them and the smell was wonderful and potent but in a couple of months of owning it the juice went off for whatever reason and became a shell of itself. I was really confused. Some other stuff that I bought from them was fine.
    Last edited by Ronin; 10th February 2010 at 03:32 PM.

Only one fragrance purchased through Amazon, and it was in perfect condition, brand new in the box. Everthing else has been books & cds, and never had a problem.

I've never bought fragrances on Amazon that I can think of. The sites I order through are usually cheaper. But for books, cds and dvds, I've been happy. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever bought anything from one of the sellers that lists on there - I always just buy direct from them to get the free shipping.

Awesome - the best e-commerce site on the planet, which isnt' a surprise considering the uber smart people they hire to work on it (and their excrutiatingly hard interviews). Target and Walmart are responding my increasing their web presence but they have a lot of catching up to do.

Regarding perfumes- I have only bought frags where were being sold by fragrancenet.com and perfume.com via Amazon and they were all fine.
    Last edited by zztopp; 10th February 2010 at 07:12 PM.
    -

Amazon is a great place to buy more common designer fragrances (like YSL) because of the free shipping and good prices. I have ordered most of my frags from Amazon, without a single regret.

Overall, I cannot vote one way or another. I did have one bottle of scent with half the bottom sticker cut off (grey market?) and also one with old-looking scent (the juice is usu. light pink but came light tan.) The scent was not affected in either case. Overwhelmingly, I have had good luck with Amazon vendors in Amazon Marketplace. The returns are usu. liberal, but in one case, one vendor wanted me to photograph the item and then perhaps submit to a postal inspector of the package. The item was obviously a long time on the shelf and old. I opted to return the item. I understand Amazon Marketplace vendors really get upset at a bad feedback and will do most anything to maintain good customer ratings.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I understand Amazon Marketplace vendors really get upset at a bad feedback and will do most anything to maintain good customer ratings.
    Yep - unlike the 'Bay where feedback can be massaged and changed with a few personable words, Amazon marketplace feedback is balls to the wall honesty.

Amazon LLC was the best, very fast shipping and since we are on Amazon Prime, I sometimes would get free 2-day shipping. I've ordered four fragrances from them, the only thing strange was the Bvlgari Aqva I bought didn't have the card(ads) insert in the box. The juice was perfect though I'd recommend them, one time I posted on the Discounts and Coupons section that Amazon was giving $10 off with purchases over $60 on top of their already very low prices but it was removed and I don't understand why.